Search results

1. imguitardan

NPD: Menatone Menawatt

Finally got one off Reverb. Haven’t gotten it yet but I’m stoked. I have a Lumpy’s Leeds Boost. Looking forward to comparing.
  2. imguitardan

HB-sized alnico pole P90

Wolfetone used to and he makes the best P90s I've heard. I'd jump on these (no relation to the seller) https://reverb.com/item/2890160-wolfetone-humbucker-sized-p90-mean-and-meaner-set
  3. imguitardan

Big Thief

Love them! They must be gear nerds - they play Collings and cool amps.
  4. imguitardan

Favourite cymbals?

Vintage Zildjian A's (can be around $100 second hand).
  5. imguitardan

NPD. smallsound/bigsound mini

How do you compare the two. I have a F-ck and love it!
  6. imguitardan

Which Rat clone for lower gain sounds?

That’s funny. I used to do that then realized that I’ll end up spending the $$$ eventually anyway so now I do the opposite then try to find a affordable way to cop the same tones. In most cases, it’s not really worth it (hype pedals- the only notable exception is my BJFe Honey Bee - which is...
  7. imguitardan

I don’t believe the Current Rat 2 in the slanted enclosure has the quality of the 90’s flat box versions. The ones I’ve heard were thin and harsh. I think the You Dirty is supposed to be good though.
  8. imguitardan

I’m a Rat FREAK. I have a tone knob version, white face, black face and Kelley modded big box. I, like the OP, set my Rat to where the gain “just” engages. I’ve been looking for over a decade for what you describe, OP. Pedals that come close- Hot Cake Klon(e) Skreddy Screwdriver...
  9. imguitardan

Fanes in a Deluxe Reverb?

My plan is to run it until it dies (hopefully it won’t) then replace it with a better/proper transformer. I’m still totally loving it.
  10. imguitardan

Lumpy's Leeds Boost,

You might get em in 6 months. Paypal dispute worked to get mine. I’m happy to have it.
  11. imguitardan

Lumpy's Leeds Boost,

I had to open a Paypal dispute for the Leeds to come. I got it today. I’m stoked and can’t wait to run it through it’s paces. (I also just got a RAH- definitely takes some tweaking. Still not in love with it. I hope the Leeds suits me better).
  12. imguitardan

Cool. Yeah. I thought the stock speaker turned out to sound pretty good after many swaps.
  13. imguitardan

Here’s what my tech said- Tubes have impedance just like speakers, and the OT with an 8 ohm speaker is optimized for 6V6s. 6l6s have 1/2 the impedance of a 6V6, so you want to half the impedance of the speaker to match it up ideally. 6l6s with play fine with an 8 ohm speaker though, they’ll...
  14. imguitardan

Done! Had my buddy re-bias, swap out the rectifier for a SS and put a 4 Ohm speaker in - went with a Weber Ceramic Silver (because I had one) - May go for a higher wattage alnico later. Initial report is the bass has tightened up considerably. It’s much more like my Pro in a small package...
  15. imguitardan

Thanks all. I’ve been comparing the DCR with the Pro for the past two days. I can get them in the ballpark (mostly by using the Custom channel even though it’s got a softer bass response). Sounds pretty great with single coils (with the GA-SC59 speaker). I think maybe the next thought would be...
  16. imguitardan

I HATED it. I was really trying not to...
  17. imguitardan

Yeah. My Pro is the older model. Sounds killer. Had a few mods though- trem can be pulled out of the circuit and I don’t use the normal channel (so I’ve pulled V1). Also, I had a vintage JBL (forget the model - one of the old Alnicos though), it was super harsh.
  18. imguitardan

I know YET ANOTHER DRRI speaker thread. I’ve read most of the others. I’ve yet to see one about putting a Fane in there. I’m looking to tighten up the lows. I have a early 70s Pro Reverb (non-MV) tight sounds great and super tight in the lows (2x12 ceramic speakers). I really want THAT at a...
  19. imguitardan

Lumpy's Leeds Boost,

I paid in full. I was waiting to see if mine went out June 30th. Nothing yet. Gonna open a paypal dispute I guess.
  20. imguitardan

Who makes a Semi Hollow Baritone?

Most Danelectros are semi hollow.
  21. imguitardan

Recommend me speakers for my Bassman 2x12

I have a ‘59 RI Bassman w a 212 baffle. I wanted a bluesbreaker vide but I put A weber Blue and Silver (both ceramic) in and it sounds pretty great - full, open, chimey. If I had to do it again, I’d try Greenbacks first.
  22. imguitardan

help me choose a good pedal

A Klon(e) is surely thick and uncompressed.
  23. imguitardan

Let’s talk Filtertron replacements

Before you replace the pups, try turning the vol pot on the guitar down a notch then boost the amp. It tightens everything up quite nicely.