Search results

1. rob2001

EZ drummer and computer questions for a tech illiterate guitar player

Good to know. I'm confident I can figure it out. I just need to get the workflow right.
  2. rob2001

So I don't necessarily need a DAW to export to my Yamaha?
  3. rob2001

Thanks! I thought EZ was a stand alone program. No, I don't need pro tools now so I think something like Mixcraft reaper or ableton to run it.
  4. rob2001

I've been recording now for 10 years with a Yamaha AW 1600. My intention for now is to get a computer to run EZdrummer, create drum tracks and import to the Yamaha for tracking other instruments. Long term I'd like to go full pro tools. The main focus right now is for drum programming but I...
  5. rob2001

Old Scool MFX question

Boss GT5....Would it take an OCD and a SD-1 in front of it without diminishing the pedals too much?
  6. rob2001

John Mayer - All Along the Watchtower (Live in LA)

Just my opinion but anything other than Jimi's version is somewhat of a disappointment for me.
  7. rob2001

Great harmony vocals still exist

Really nice! I pick up a little Sly and EW&F in there.
  8. rob2001

Anyone remember Tora Tora?

Good solid band, IMO.
  9. rob2001

Happiest songs ever.....

10. rob2001

What's your trick for calming nerves?

Get on the stage! Before that? For me...no coffee, no caffeine, lots of water and maybe a shot of Canadian Whiskey.
  11. rob2001

Bands or artists you inexplicably missed the first time around

I was awash in VH at the time and missed The Talking Heads completely. All I knew about them was they had that funny bigsuit video.
  12. rob2001

Bass Players.....are they ALL messed up in some way?

The two I've had the pleasure of working with over the last 25 years are actually very stable individuals.
  13. rob2001

Coolest Simple Solo??

Something, Beatles
  14. rob2001

A small tribute to George Harrison

I clearly remember the day he died, I woke up to the news playing Here Comes the Sun, head he passed, and cried. The one and only time I lost it on hearing of a musician passing away. Great story Jon!
  15. rob2001

Marshall JCM 800: What can you experts tell me about this one.

IMO, that is a bit high. But if it's unmolested and in mint shape...???
  16. rob2001

Marshall JCM 800: What can you experts tell me about this one.

The best circuit Marshall ever made....IMO, of course! One of the best amp circuits period.
  17. rob2001

Attenuator or Volume Pedal in the Loop?

No, not a waste. Don't get too hung up on power tube breakup and saturation. It's not the be-all end-all of great tones. It's a thing to be sure but try that pedal in front or the loop and see what works for you. Edit to add, an attenuator and a volume pedal in the loop are different...
  18. rob2001

TGP population????

Many have sorted out gear choices for the most part and are maybe a bit burned out on talking about it.
  19. rob2001

Is modeling gear for me?

"My ideal piece of gear would be something that I can use for low volume "bedroom" playing, use for recording, and have it sound great, and also be able to use it in a band situation if I wanted to." I think any rig, digital or not, can accomplish this but different settings are needed no...
  20. rob2001

Some Giant Steps Impro....

Wonderful playing all around. But I could listen to your improv of example 3 all day!
  21. rob2001

best tone ever recorded....discuss

It would take me a lifetime to choose a #1 favorite.
  22. rob2001

Such an amazing time to be learning guitar.

Well, 20 years ago, we did that too. The lesson is in the music! But ya, I get your point.
  23. rob2001

Such an amazing time to be learning guitar.

From the first note from the first guitar EVER made, it's been an amazing time to be learning to play! I agree, lots of resources available now, but I think it's important to use your ears more than your eyes. Not that you can't. It's a focus thing.