Search results

1. L

Fender gets Taylor????

The Fender/Taylor European distribution deal was announced in January 2008. Is this something else? If not......it's old.....old news.
  2. L

Help, Which low-end Taylor, Martin, or Washburn???

Well, the Taylor and the Martin are laminates. The Washburn is all solid. It also has maple bindings and Grover tuners. That's about all I've got to say about quality for these three.......but I can tell you that I've played a lot of laminates that sounded great. I still say pick the one...
  3. L

Help, Which low-end Taylor, Martin, or Washburn???

I'd buy the one that sounds the best (to you). :aok Good luck.
  4. L

Which Mandolin?

+ 1 on The Mandolin Store. Dennis, Brian, and Zach are good people. They do great set-ups as well.
  5. L

Which Mandolin?

Have played neither.....but of the two....I'd have to say Eastman. MK has had some serious QC problems......and I'm not sure if all of that has been sorted out. Have you posed the question over at the Mandolin Cafe? EDITED TO ADD: A good setup will be crucial for either. :aok
  6. L

what was the "Guitar Center" era of Larrivee guitars?

A set up is easy.....and cheap to boot.
  7. L

what was the "Guitar Center" era of Larrivee guitars?

I'm not sure when....or if GC ever carried Larrivee as I have never shopped at one. I'm fairly certain they don't carry new Larrivee's....at least now anyway. One thing I feel confident telling you is that all 03 Series Larrivee's are built in their Vancouver, BC, Canada facility. Until just...
  8. L

Larrivee L-09 Aura - opinions from Martin players?

One thing I'll mention.....that I'm sure I don't have to tell you.....is that an all mahogany guitar (like your 000-15 Martin) will not give optimum results with a full band. You know this....you've already stated it. The Sitka soundboard will definitely give you a bit more oomph....and the...
  9. L

Larrivee L-09 Aura - opinions from Martin players?

I feel that the L body is the most versatile in the Larrivee lineup. It can pretty much handle it all...and do it well. In the past I owned an L-03R. It was an awesome guitar. I recently migrated to Larrivee OM's......mainly for comfort. With that said.....I do have an L-05-12. Great 12...
  10. L

when did fender buy guild ?

To the OP's original question....... when did fender buy guild ?
  11. L

when did fender buy guild ?

The better question is why? :cry:
  12. L

Stop calling Mahogany "hog"

Yum........whole 'hog.... :banana
  13. L

Stop calling Mahogany "hog"

Here's my 'hog in quilt.....could it be a pig in a blanket? :munch
  14. L

Check out pics of my new burst....

Awesome Posch!! That CuHog is sweet looking. Congrats!! :BEER
  15. L

Acoustic Guitars: Large vs. Small

**** guys, this type of stuff belongs in the Pedals section. :roll
  16. L

Acoustic Guitars: Large vs. Small

I would think the first question to be answered is what type of music do you play? Strumming or fingerstyle? Are you going to use it live? These are generalizations: 1. The 0-18 is close to a parlor size guitar. It won't have the punch for heavy strumming...and may actually overdrive the...
  17. L

Yo!

Welcome to TGP!! Proceed immediately to THIS thread. :AOK
  18. L

Question about acoustic finishes (?)

Welcome to TGP! I'm fairly certain Santa Cruz and Collings offer a nitro finish.....others too I'm sure.
  19. L

Larrivee D60

I don't know what banjo you traded......but you did good!!! Congrats on a great guitar. The Traditional Series gets a lot of rave reviews from the BG crowd too. It's one of the few Larrivee Series that I don't have......but I'd have to have the 1.75" nut so it would have to be an...
  20. L

Larrivee D50

The D-50 will easily bring $1,000.00 (if the condition is good) should you decide to turn it. The list on the D-50 is $2,998.00........with a street price of about $1,700.00 new. IMHO, Larrivee mahogany guitars are a special breed. They sound absolutely incredible. Good luck.
  21. L

Any impressions on the Martin HD16R LSH?

Congrats Tweed!!! Have you tried looking for information over here? :BEER
  22. L

Larrivee help please

You can buy a new D-03RE for around $1K.....maybe a tad less. I just sold a D-03R (no electronics) on eBay (real world) for $785.00. Electronics add $100.00 to $150.00 (or there abouts). If I were looking for a rosewood dread...with electronics...I would consider the Larrivee. There are...
  23. L

Help me find a mandolin for < $500

If *I* were looking at Eastman's....I'd be talking to Brian or Dennis at The Mandolin Store.....or Steve at Gianna Violins. Good luck either way!!!!
  24. L

Help me find a mandolin for < $500

Big Muddy is the "new" Mid Mo. Same company. Good luck.