Search results

1. J

Omega Hot Rod Deluxe Anybody?

Does anyone know the latest changes to the mods? I got mine done in 2008. It has a push-pull on the treble pot that activates the midboost circuit. The yellow is dumbly and the red is marshally. The cleans are very blackface. Nice and sparkly. Other mods I have done to it: V1 - JAN Phillips...
  2. J

Power tube keeps going out

I realize this may have been a noob question. I didn't know it was normal for tubes to glow blue. However, I was concerned since only one of them was glowing, and I had issues before in the same tube slot. Any input?
  3. J

Power tube keeps going out

I have an Omega modded Hot Rod Deluxe. Over the last year, I've had power tubes go out. It is the tube in V4. I have gone through JJ 6v6s, JJ 6L6s, and now one of my TAD 6L6WGCs appears to be on its way out. Audibly, it is fine, but when I looked at it while playing loudly, I saw a blue...
  4. J

Why does my V4 tube keep dying?

I haven't checked it...I just left it where Jim left it 2 years ago when I got it back.
  5. J

Why does my V4 tube keep dying?

I have an Omega modded Hot Rod Deluxe. I have JJs in all slots. Earlier this year, I had a set of JJ 6V6s, and in less than a month, V4 went out. What would happen is a fuzzy, loss of volume type sound. I replaced them with 6L6GCs from JJ, and they were fine for a few months. The same problem...
  6. J

Noob question about running into 2 amps.

If I had those effects running in stereo, would it mean the repeats would be bouncing back and forth between both amps?
  7. J

Noob question about running into 2 amps.

I have a question about running 2 amps from my pedal board. I was planning on just having a separate cable coming out of the end of my chain (a verbzilla), and going to the other amp. However, many of my other pedals (Nova delay, DD-5) also have separate outputs and inputs. Would I need extra...
  8. J

Now I have gas... Eminence CANIS MAJOR

Galo, did you ever get around to recording those clips?
  9. J

Fuzzy sound after tube and speaker change

Thanks. I had 6L6s in there, and Jim biased the amp for those. That would mean I'd have to lower the bias since a 6v6s saturates quicker, right?
  10. J

Fuzzy sound after tube and speaker change

I recently put some JJ 6v6s and an Eminence Canis major in my Omega modded Hot Rod Deluxe. When I really drive the amp, it has a bit of a fuzzy sound to it. It also breaks up extremely early. Just wondering, is this because I didn't rebias the amp yet?
  11. J

Turbo Tuner ... Strobostomp ... or Pitchblack ???

I own all 3, coincidentally. I had a SS2 first. I bought it used in early 2007, it worked great until July 2009. The LCD would begin to dim very quickly after turning it on. Other than that, it was a great tuner. Very accurate. I bought a PitchBlack last year, I like it a lot. Very sturdy...
  12. J

Strange things after a pot upgrade

I do think that it is possible. I'll keep an eye out for that the next time I open it up. What exactly happens when a coil breaks on a pickup? Does it just happen over time?
  13. J

Forgot to mention, this is an MIM reissue, not an actual 72 guitar (I'd be too scared to work on that!) Guess I gotta keep an eye out for a used pickup.
  14. J

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful. I had a feeling it was the pickup. The same thing happened with a used bridge pickup I had in my guitar. My friend bought his guitar used and the bridge pickup has sounded like that since he bought it....no wonder he's always on the neck position. I'll crack...
  15. J

I posted this in the wrong forum earlier... I did a pot upgrade on my friend's 72 deluxe. I went to 500 meg-ohm (Alpha) pots instead of the stock 250. I've done it on my 72 custom, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I ran into a few issues after having put everything back together...
  16. J

Also, these were all Alpha pots, ordered from StewMac.
  17. J

I did a pot upgrade on my friend's 72 deluxe. I went to 500 meg-ohm pots instead of the stock 250. I've done it on my 72 custom, so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. I ran into a few issues after having put everything back together though... 1. Volume cannot be turned off. Even with the pots...
  18. J

Which Eminence speaker for Vox AC15?

Definitely the Red Fang. Sounds real chimey.
  19. J

Fender Tele Thinline Wide Range Humbucker CIJ reissues questions

I remember reading at the 72 custom club site that the CIJ and MIM have different pickups....can anyone verify this?
  20. J

Here are two videos of my amp...not sure if it'll work since they're on facebook. This is one of the first times the amp is really being played...speaker is not broken in yet. http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=672988803065&ref=mf...
  21. J

What speaker is in your Hot Rod Deluxe?

I now have an Eminence Canis Major in mine. I have yet to try it out, as it's very late at night. It JUST barely clears. The back part of the magnet looks like it's close to hitting the chassis, but it's about half a centimeter away.
  22. J

I just put the Canis Major in my Omega HRD! But it's too late at night..parents yelled at me for playing a few quiet notes. I'll let you know very soon how it sounds... did you ever get those sound clips up?
  23. J

Alright. How would you describe the speaker? I have a Governor in my Omega HRDx right now. I just hear great things about the Cannabis Rex in that amp...and I'm also a big fan of the red fang/alnico blues sound.
  24. J

Hey Galo, are any of the clips on your site with the Canis Major? I'm *this* close to pulling the trigger on it. Just making sure it'll fit inside my HRDx.
  25. J

Just wondering if anyone here has tried this speaker yet....