Search results

1. shredtrash

Question to those that gig or play out regularly.

I have a separate gig rig. When I practice, I either use a modeler or go unplugged. I'm rarely plugged in a home unless I'm recording.
  2. shredtrash

Just ordered a Mesa Boogie Mark V:25 combo!

It'll be here on Saturday. I hope it meets expectations.
  3. shredtrash

Who Likes Clown Core?

I actually watched the whole thing. Those guys can play. I'll give it 2 thumbs up!
  4. shredtrash

What is the most inspiring High Gain amp you ever played?

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
  5. shredtrash

I got a smokin' deal on Reverb for a combo. If I need any more thump, I'll add a closed-back extension cab. Glad your experience has been good. If this works out, I'm selling my Suhr Badger 18. I've never been totally happy with that amp for my current needs. Seems like the Mesa is a much...
  6. shredtrash

Lifting weights and playing

I've never had any issues.
  7. shredtrash

I've been thinking about it for a while and finally decided to take the plunge today. I wanted an all-in-one recording solution for sessions (Yeah, I know the Cab Clone gets a bad rap but I've made worse work for me so there's that). Also, I'm sick of flipping overdrive pedals. I'm hoping...
  8. shredtrash

Toontrack EZdrummer 2 vs. Superior Drummer 3

I love EZ Drummer because of it's simplicity. If you learn how to use the deep functions well, it's a pretty powerful tool. For me, the cut and paste functions combined with the built-in mixer (I only use it sparingly) get me where I want to go.
  9. shredtrash

If you could only have one...

I've never owned a 335. That said, it's a tough call between the SG and the Les Paul. I'll take a good Les Paul though.
  10. shredtrash

POLL: The WORST thing to wear at a gig? (What's the worst you've seen?)

That's a pretty narrow acceptable range. :-)
  11. shredtrash

More sustain, less gain - is a Compressor what I need?

I think a compressor or a eq/boost pedal should work well. You might want to think about putting it after your dirt so it doesn't add gain by boosting the front end of your pedal. Don't forget to consider amp headroom in the equation. If you're short on headroom, any boost will push the amp...
  12. shredtrash

If you're in a cover band and not using a modeler...

Same as it's always been: Clean/cleanish w/guitar volume, a TS-type SRV-ish tone and a Marshally distortion tone. Add a couple of pedals here and there (mainly delay, and possibly a couple of other pedals depending on the gig) and play!
  13. shredtrash

New Drybell - The Engine preamp/rangemaster

Reviving this thread. I'm thinking about getting both The Engine and a Unit 67. I play an HSS Suhr and my plan is to use the Unit 67 for all of my clean/very slightly driven stuff with single coils and switch to The Engine for all of my overdrive and distortion stuff on the bridge HB. Anyone...
  14. shredtrash

POLL: The WORST thing to wear at a gig? (What's the worst you've seen?)

Cargo shorts, sandals and Hawaiian shirts. The worst!
  15. shredtrash

What Made You Pass On A Guitar Trade You Wanted To Happen?

A few years ago, I was about to do a trade for a Gretsch Silver Jet. When I looked closely, I noticed the neck had a twist. I was really bummed but I definitely saved myself a headache. I bought a Les Paul Standard about a year and a half ago that had the same issue. I didn't notice at the...
  16. shredtrash

Most unique 90’s guitar tone

Audley Freed on the Cry of Love records. Honorable Mention: Anything by Dean DeLeo.
  17. shredtrash

Venue: "Please re-book... with a different drummer."

I don't want or need those kinds of hassles. Music is a business. I'd cut ties with anyone that was interfering with my ability to conduct business in a professional manner.
  18. shredtrash

Best tuner pedal for guitar

Turbo Tuner. I have one on both of my boards.
  19. shredtrash

What are you listening to right now?

I'm reading Ted Templeman's book (which is fantastic BTW!) and I'm on a Doobie Brothers kick!
  20. shredtrash

Are you still learning to play guitar at ___ yrs old? How and why?

I'm 49 and I'm still learning things all the time. I'm constantly trying to improve my technique and songwriting chops so I can play and write more interesting music. I love music and playing and I love the challenge of improving. I think I'm playing as well or better than ever right now.
  21. shredtrash

Has Anyone else got to the point where you can’t stand high gain?

EVH Brown Sound levels are my limit these days. I actually have a harder time playing with too much gain.
  22. shredtrash

Prince borrows some guitars then breaks them

His "little tiny Prince foot"! Hahahaha!
  23. shredtrash

Xotic Soul Driven Boost vs Xotic RC Booster V2

The Soul Driven is a very smooth, bassy (too bassy IMO) overdrive pedal. I didn't like it at all. It was really congested and inarticulate. I thought it might work as a lead boost but everything just sounded bloated. The RC V2 is a clean boost with a 2nd gain stage. The 2nd channel has...
  24. shredtrash

Anyone here using a Drybell "The Engine"?

Thank you for the info! I just read the article as well and I'm sold. Time to get some scratch together. This thing seems to be right up my alley as well!