1. martinsmith06

Rate my pedalboard

The many perils of a thread like this :p
  2. martinsmith06

Rate my pedalboard

Cost wise: 1... Cool-factor wise: 9... Overkill wise: 7
  3. martinsmith06

Foxrox Cap'n Coconut value?

For the build quality/sound quality, you'd still struggle to rival the CC2.. I owned two, and kick myself every time I see them on the open market. Also, even though it's out of production, Dave is such a great guy to deal with in the event that you ever have a problem with it. IMO... KEEPER...
  4. martinsmith06

AM AR20DL, Jacques Prisoner, Malekko Ekko 616, Maxon AD-9 Pro or MXR Carbon Copy?

If it makes you happy, stick with it man. I used to be a slave to the trends on here for fuzz and delay.. it's a never-ending battle especially if you have the funds to throw around. That said... you've gotta try the Deep Blue
  5. martinsmith06

AM AR20DL, Jacques Prisoner, Malekko Ekko 616, Maxon AD-9 Pro or MXR Carbon Copy?

The only problem about the AR20DL is availability... I totally agree with erksin that it's probably the best 300ms out there. Since you're chasing just one, you may wanna try and locate the AR20DL-XL... I think it upped the ms to 600... not quite the same as the DL, but you get a little more...
  6. martinsmith06

Has anyone compared the Empress Compressor to the Strymon OB.1

I've been leaning that way the entire time, but the ability to pick up a used OB.1 for reasonably less than new is the only thing that keeps me humming... I may make the leap of faith and snag an Empress soon... if just $50 sets it lengths ahead of the competition, I can't argue that. It sounds...
  7. martinsmith06

Which I find pretty interesting... for the price-point of a higher-end opto-comp, and its multiple features, I just don't get it. Maybe just because of the name people assume that it uses one of Strymon's digital Sharc Processors (which it absolutely doesn't), so maybe people are thinking...
  8. martinsmith06

Thanks for the insight... and the links... since I did actually search for a 1 vs. 2 thread
  9. martinsmith06

Any other members care to share their experiences?
  10. martinsmith06

The demo vid for the empress that Burgs has done just makes it sound like EVERYONES rig could benefit from having one.. Id still be interested in hearing from people who have played BOTH and could expand a little on their own experience. :)
  11. martinsmith06

I've heard good things too, and being that I've tried my hand at Ross clones several times, so the optical compressor seems like it's more my kinda pedal... and then of course there's the Empress Compressors that I've yet to hear any bad hype about.. These two really have my attention right now...
  12. martinsmith06

I'm really interested in trying out a nice compressor, and these two have piqued my interest. From what I've read, the Empress seems to be a hands down favorite, but I haven't heard much about the OB.1. Anyone out there A/B the two of them? I'm looking for more overall balance on my picking...
  13. martinsmith06

Should i trade my big muff for a swolen pickle ?

If board real estate is paramount, another option might be the Blackout Effectors Musket. It's a really tweakable Muff pedal that sounds great and it's about the size of an MXR pedal. Search for a used one and you can get them for a really decent price.
  14. martinsmith06

Great Analog Delays?

That guy is.. digital, but sweeter than most analog delays I've ever played. Never had any experience with the PCB version, but my old HW was amazing.
  15. martinsmith06

New Klon Pic

At one point in time I questioned the authenticity of the ebay auctions based mainly on speculation without ever reading anything on TGP directly from Mr. Finnegan. After his last lengthy response concerning the auctions, I'm almost ashamed of myself, and do apologize for my questioning the...
  16. martinsmith06

Cheap(er) non-TS overdrives? BD-2 alternatives?

And the OP also lists a few pedals of interest, so gauging from the samples given, one could assume that "cheap" doesn't necessarily mean the $20 or less rack. I think "reasonable" should be the operative word. But you're right it's probably just TGP, since a used Barber for the right price is...
  17. martinsmith06

Cheap(er) non-TS overdrives? BD-2 alternatives?

Barber LTD SR on the used market would be an excellent choice for a low-gainer, but when you push the level and drop the gain control it can get nice and creamy. Worth a look.
  18. martinsmith06

WHAT KINDA FUZZ w/ a Barber LTD???

Seriously... 1 response?? WHAT KIND OF FUZZ are you using with the LTD people????!!!!
  19. martinsmith06

Show Us Your Pedalboards (#21)

How are you digging the empress compressor? I've been liking what I've been hearing.
  20. martinsmith06

Show Us Your Pedalboards (#21)

Looking to plug up the hole on the right-side with some fuzzy deliciousness, but could make some minor tweaks in the next month or so...
  21. martinsmith06

Thanks analogsystem! What kind of fuzz are you using?... I kinda forgot to mention that part in the original post..
  22. martinsmith06

Hey gang.. Just picked up a Barber Dual Discrete with an LTD and SuperSport inside.. I've basically got my whole board together with the exception of fuzz. I've played 'em all but never with the intention to have a permanent flavor on the board. Since I got the Barber I've been using the nice...
  23. martinsmith06

List all the delays you've ever owned!

Analogman AR20DL-XL Analogman AR20DX (x2) Boss DD-3 w/AM Hi-cut mod Boss PS-3 Pitch Shift/Delay Danelectro Reel Echo EHX DMM EHX Stereo MM w/Hazarai Eventide Timefactor Hughes and Kettner Replex (x2) Ibanez AD-80 Jacques Prisoner Delay Line 6 DL-4 Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay Maxon AD900 Maxon...
  24. martinsmith06

Proanalog Dual Drive...

Probably brought up to v.2 specs... if it doesn't have the push-pull function, its v.2