Search results

1. T

Fidelity cap for humbuckers?

Perfect. Thanks.
  2. T

Fidelity cap for humbuckers?

I'm a Strat guy. I've only used single coils for years and always use a fidelity circuit to keep an even response when rolling down the guitar's volume. I recently put a Strat together with two PAF style humbuckers and 500k pots but I think I need to add a fidelity circuit as the highs start to...
  3. T

Market value of a Pre Rola G12H in excellent condition?

I've been holding on to it for a few years. I have three Marshall cabs loaded with Pre Rola speakers so I'm thinking about selling it. I don't know what they're going for these days and couldn't find any on ebay. Any idea?
  4. T

Looking for vintage style PJ bass pickups

He bought a set of Fender vintage spec I guess. P bass 62 and 75 Jazz bridge.
  5. T

Anybody try the Yosemite set?
  6. T

My bass player wants to dump his active pups and get more of a vintage style passive set. Any recommendations? Hopefully reasonably priced.
  7. T

Question about EHX 95000 looper

How easy is it to call up pre recorded stored loops on the fly and change loops in time for verse, chorus, bridge, etc.? My understanding is that when playing the current loop the next selected loop plays when it finishes, correct? Also is there a way to monitor loops without the added dry signal?
  8. T

Extension cord for wall wart with standard Boss plug?

No not an AC extension cord, but one with a male Boss type plug on one end and female on the other. I'm looking to plug the wallwart in a wall receptical and increase the distance I can set the pedal up on the floor. Anyone know of a source for something like this?
  9. T

Robben Ford's "Dumble" Super Reverbs For Sale on Reverb

I have a couple of drip edge Super Reverbs with the minor BF mods and original CTS alnico speakers and vintage glass. I can't imagine anything sounding better.
  10. T

Loopers with tap tempo to address time drift

Anyone have experience with loopers with this function in a live setting? How well do they work?
  11. T

Live looping question

My drummer hears my loop out of the back of my Super Reveb. And of course my loops are played live, not prerecorded. It's working as far as it goes. Still what I'm asking is something completely different.
  12. T

Live looping question

I've started using a looper in a guitar trio plus singer band with pretty good results. I have a retrigger function on my looper that I can use if the loop isn't perfectly timed, which happens from time to time. Generally I'm just laying down a rhythm track to solo over or add another part. I...
  13. T

Help me find the right looper

So I took a risk and bought the Vox Dynamic Looper and I have to say for my specific application it's working well. All I really need is occasionally to lay down a rhythm track and be able to retrigger it if the drummer drifts a bit. Setting the pedal for loop volume is very useful too. I don't...
  14. T

Apparently that is the case.
  15. T

I don't care about overdubbing. Does one shot mean the loop only plays once then stops?
  16. T

I believe the fidelity issue with the Vox is with signal degradation with multiple overdubs from what I've read. Thanks for the detailed explanation for the operation of the Boss. I just wonder why retrigger isn't a more common feature for live playing?
  17. T

I don't know how much you have been following the thread but retrigger is a must have. So far it appears only the Boss DD 500 and the Vox VDL 1 have this.
  18. T

Ah good to know. Maybe I should just go for the Boss.
  19. T

Fair enough. Do you have any experience with the Boss? It's a bit more money used plus FS but that's not a deal breaker. My needs are very simple. Occasionally I'll want to lay a rhythm part down in a guitar trio plus singer situation and as mentioned will need to be able to retrigger the loop...
  20. T

There's a Vox VDL-1 on ebay. Holding the pedal for a few seconds is fine. If it has retrigger I think it's a good option. Definitely cheaper than the Boss and no external fs needed. Any reason NOT to buy this that you know of?
  21. T

So is the aforementioned DD-500 the only looper with this function? It's more than I need and an external FS is a bit of an inconvenience but if it's the only looper with retriggering I guess I'll have to get one.
  22. T

OK you understand what I'm talking about. I don't care about stereo, this is just for my guitar and amp. I just need something with good sound, easy to start, stop, and erase loops, and "retrigger". Thanks
  23. T

It's not about me syncing it, it's about the possible slight drifting of time by the drummer in a live situation. Years ago I played with a guy who had a looper like that. He would tap it on the downbeat at the top of the phrase if the time had drifted a bit.