Search results

1. sidehatch

John Mayer. dammit.

So let's go "bluegrass level chops"
  2. sidehatch

John Mayer. dammit.

Am I missing something? I was just at a jazz gig and prior to that listened to Pat Martinos new record. Nothing even close. That said , I love this stuff and many other styles but it's bordering on the absurd every time I hear some things being said as being jazz or as like or close to jazz.
  3. sidehatch

What type of finish does Martin use on mid level guitars. I.E performing artist series?

Thanks for the reply! Do you know if nitro will interchange so he can get the finish built up?
  4. sidehatch

What type of finish does Martin use on mid level guitars. I.E performing artist series?

Here is the very guitar https://www.martinguitar.com/guitars/performing-artist-series/dcpa4-rosewood/
  5. sidehatch

I tried searching but no luck. I bought a used Performing Artist dreadnaught. IT has solid rosewood back and sides with a spruce top. Retail is around 2k. The guitar sounds great so the reason I want to know is that though the guitar has little wear, the previous owner scratched up the neck...
  6. sidehatch

Ngd prs studio with gold birds and 57/08 pu's

Yeah... I broke the neck off my 91 artist and its being repaired. I have 4 starts, a Tele, 335 etc but I'm missing the prs. I traded 4 pedals, a breedlove and $400 to a friend/ local builder for it. It is without a doubt one of the most tonefull guitars I've ever touched. Those 3 57/08 pu'...
  7. sidehatch

Are there any ALNICO single coil size 59-style humbucker pickups

Try to find a prs 57/08 narrowfield. I bought a prs today with them. My 91 custom will have its match when the repairman is finished glueing the neck back in place and does finish work.
  8. sidehatch

Just got home from the gig, The Blackverb was ... wow.

I have one. Killer amp. That and the black and blues are my favorite amps! Congrats!
  9. sidehatch

Prs and repair pricing

Maybe I should have specified the beginning of my career.
  10. sidehatch

Prs and repair pricing

I will post before and after pic. Though I'm sure Mr lira doesn't need the work. I'm astounded that they can charge those kind of prices and some people pay it. They are surely are ate up with themselves.
  11. sidehatch

preslotted nut...bone or tusk

I hate tusk and would never use it on my instruments. Bone all the way.
  12. sidehatch

Prs and repair pricing

First, I'd like to get out of the way that if I didn't love my guitar I'd never have anything to do with prs. I've been a supporter and have used them on several world tours and have paid for them with my money. I have a 91 custom. I bought it in 91with my college loan money. I've played it...
  13. sidehatch

Best Marshall in a box I have EVER had is...

For jtm/bluesbreaker it's the Keeley 1962x gotta be x version. For later stuff my 1st edition wampler plextortion. Amazing pedal beats any I've tried.
  14. sidehatch

What's up with Fulltone?

The Plimsoul And The Soulbender Are Amazing. I wish the new one sounded like the big box. I'm not sure about the 69. The Plimsoul does that yet clear sound and the soulbender sounds great even thru a clean fender. I regret selling it. Oh well maybe a used one will show up or someone will wanna...
  15. sidehatch

Vboutique cabs.. anyone tried them?

And they make them for Two Rock.
  16. sidehatch

Joined a modern working country band. Lets talk pedals. I'm 99% there

I get those same sounds everyday. Its not that hard for me to get nice fender and marshall even dumble tone. I'm concerned with the vox thing short of lugging one around. Thanks for your input though! *Edit* He lost me at vertex. I DO NOT want to open a can of worms,however I can't get...
  17. sidehatch

Is the Vox/Matchless- class A still the sound of modern country? I don't have any of those amps anymore but I wanna nail it 100% I'm sorry, I just don't like 9 out of ten new country songs.. That last 1 ....man it may be great . maybe... I'm probably being too optimistic though.
  18. sidehatch

I tried one of those and while I thought it was very good , it seemed in the TS camp to me. Keeley is a good friend and his shop is 6 blocks from my house. I have many TS and marshall-esque pedals. He doesn't really do the Voxy stuff though. That's what I think I need but since I'm not...
  19. sidehatch

I have 3 keeley comps: a first run 2 knob, a 4 knob and a GC-2. Its just this band plays with enoughgain that I haven't seen the need to hook up one. If we do more traditional stuff one will definitely be coming out!
  20. sidehatch

This is a modern country band. Not bro country but more rock and less chicken picking though we do a couple. The line up is 2 electric guitars, acoustic,bass and drums. Ok. The other guitarst bought a kemper so he has a lot of things covered that I dont have to worry about. He's playing a...
  21. sidehatch

THE DUMBEST GUITAR SALE YOU EVER MADE AND COULD NOT REPLACE

Basically gave a tom anderson S and T style away. I thought I was done with country music and a student wanted my 67 Tele. Butterscotch. Let him have it for $1000. He still uses it 12 years later and I'm playing country again...
  22. sidehatch

What amp did Neal Schon use on Don't Stop Believin'?

Whats funny is that I have many Boutique and vintage desirable amps. I joined a new band and the other guy bought a $4,000 amp. I leave a 65 watt bandit at the rehearsal place. I finally told him it is a solid state amp. The guy couldn't believe it. A peavey can be a great amp in any...
  23. sidehatch

Help Me Buy A Two Rock

Some sort of crowd funding or credit card... If the crowd funding works I'm gonna try it too!
  24. sidehatch

New dual OD from Jetter - the Altair IV

Man, I'd like to hear the Altair but the 124 was sooo bloated sounding I just didn't work with me. I'm back to the dumkudo.

Trending Topics