Search results

1. S

TGPer's Facebook band pages

Here's mine: www.facebook.com/AtomSchmitt The more, the merrier! Of course, there are plenty of updates at www.facebook.com/EricGalesBand too...
  2. S

Eric Gales and Tomo Fujita Photos at BB King's NYC

Dude. Great to see you here TJ. You've got some of the best EG footage on YouTube. I'm the guy who's playing guitar in Eric's full band in Minneapolis. It's hard to imagine how difficult it must have been watching Eric continually get in his own way over the years in the past. I think we're...
  3. S

Eric Gales Tomo Fujita Little Wing jam at Coach House,CA

The first time Eric showed us those changes in rehearsal, I realized how irrelevant pretty much every other cover of this song is. Jimi was gospel. Little Wing is gospel. And Eric plays some gospel. Glad you had the chance to do this, Tomo. Have a blast next week, wish I could be there but I...
  4. S

What made you pursue (or not pursue) music as a career?

Holy ****. You ass, you were John Mayer all along! I KNEW it! As for answering the OP, I started out with a day job. I still have it, but I see a light at the end of the tunnel. As long as I've been working, I've been investing my free money into gear and what not, and my free time into...
  5. S

The most amazing cover of 'Little Wing' I've ever seen!

Dang. I still don't like that a ton as a version of Little Wing (for all the aforementioned reasons about it not being a guitar wanking song, etc). BUT. That guy can SERIOUSLY play. That was some really impressive stuff. Great feel, mostly pretty tasteful.
  6. S

FYI this is the Gales version I like best... he does a lot of Hendrix stuff before ripping into the face-melt section. mj9k3J16WDo
  7. S

The Alt.Country Club: 8 Miles High

Dude, that's a '68! AB763! Good score!
  8. S

The OP version is what happens when you cross a little talent with the Guitar Center mentality of higherfasterlouder. Completely ignores the origins from whence it came. As far as I'm concerned, Hendrix's is about the only good version of the tune, and his is an absolute masterpiece. I don't...
  9. S

RANT of the day: chords and tabs online

I wonder what the availability of this stuff will do to the art of playing guitar in the next 10-20 years. Probably not good things, at least for most casual players. For me, I'm only ever looking for these things to save me the trouble of charting out the form of a song. I can hear hooks and...
  10. S

Amps Vs. Pedals in the pursuit of Tone. Where do you go first?

You've got your bases covered amp-wise. You've also got a lot of ground covered pedal-wise. It stands to reason you've got a similarly well-rounded guitar collection... what do you feel you're missing from your sound?
  11. S

Sad but true. It don't really want to discuss anything publicly here, but hopefully this issue goes away so I can continue working on all the stuff I've been working on without a big mess to deal with. If it never comes up again, just assume no news is good news. Played the blue Creston with...
  12. S

Here's a good place to start :) http://www.youtube.com/user/EricGalesMusic
  13. S

the most efficient way to score gigs

I guess I should have mentioned that my cover band is represented by an agent. He takes care of the face to face stuff, but we do have to have our press kit in order. Jim is right though - word of mouth/reputation is the key, but to get the ball rolling on building that, you kind of have to...
  14. S

Mad lawsuit action over here. Probably won't have much to say for the next few days.
  15. S

He's a pretty famous guitarist. ;)
  16. S

Eric Gales Now Uses A Fillmore Thunder Fuzz and Octave Pedal To Get That Hendrix Tone

Well... that's not completely true. He did for the Bunkers gig because he couldn't find his footswitch cord and the Two Rock one is sort of weird. I think he is planning to use the OD channel once he gets it put back together. But, he sure did use your pedal quite a bit. Have you seen any of the...
  17. S

Guitar lesson business ideas. What do you think?

Check out Jim Campilongo's online lessons... I've been meaning to order a few and start working through them. It seems like a great way to make some money without having to do the work part more than once. Of course, I hear Jim puts a LOT of effort into each and every one. It's a neat idea of...
  18. S

Like any other business, you need to invest a little in the overhead, including things like professional photos. Otherwise you'll just be competing against other bands that do, and when all the press kits are in a single pile, amateur photos look pretty sloppy next to professional ones. Guys...
  19. S

They usually want hard copies they can touch in addition to stuff online. They'll look at sites like your myspace/reverbnation/facebook pages to see how many people you're connected to, but unfortunately you still really have to make hard-copies of these things.
  20. S

Pictures, a description of who you are and what you do, maybe stage layouts, etc. And of course the CD/video demos. They're also going to be interested in how many people you can draw. If you can't draw well, don't expect to make much money unless they have a great built in crowd. Of course...
  21. S

Be persistent. Follow up. Hit a lot of bars. Make sure the press kit looks good. Prepare to be ignored and rejected, regardless of how good you guys are. That's really the only way.
  22. S

New Neil Young/Daniel Lanois record. Solo guitar. Super cool!

Check it out early here. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129955938 Side note, MAN am I digging this First Listen section of NPR. They've been picking some seriously hip records to preview, and I don't think anything has gotten me as engaged with new music coming out as...
  23. S

What, was I supposed to read the ENTIRE THREAD? Ha. You were totally right on page 2 though. :)
  24. S

Oh right, about those percentages.... YMMV. But yeah, those are the ballpark numbers I've more or less observed through tons and tons of trial and error. To address the OP, which I just realized I never quite did... I think that tone (even limited to the tone of the amp and any pedals in...

Trending Topics