Search results

1. jb70

Best way to get paid for lessons "virtually"?

They're both fine. I have them both because a few of my students prefer Zelle over Venmo. The direct deposit with Zelle is immediate and Venmo usually takes 2 days. I don't really use Paypal but I think they're all just about the same. I would have all 3 since some of your students will have...
  2. jb70

Best way to get paid for lessons "virtually"?

I like both Venmo and Zelle
  3. jb70

If you're in a cover band and not using a modeler...

I have a Kemper now (and couldn't be happier) but also have a Redplate Blackloop amp with all of my effects coming from a Fractal FX8. I also had a pedalboard before the FX8- 3 drives (low, med, high), wah, chorus, phaser, clean boost, Boss programmable digital delay and a volume pedal.
  4. jb70

No more wedges! Forced them to IEMs...

The best thing that I did back when I was using the 215's was to get the custom-fitted Sensaphonic half sleeves. They slip right over the ends of the 215's and form a perfect seal. There was also a big upgrade in audio quality. I can't recommend them enough. Now I use the JH Audio Pro...
  5. jb70

For Steely Dan fans...

Yep. They nailed it. Great job!!!
  6. jb70

Private guitar teachers in the Tucson, AZ area?

Hi my fellow TGP'ers! One of my private guitar students just moved to Tucson, AZ and I'm trying to find a professional guitar player/teacher who does in-home guitar lessons in the Sabino Canyon area. He's 10 years old, can read music very well and is just now getting into rock music. He's a...
  7. jb70

Drumming and piano for guitarists

Yep! I actually just got an electronic drum kit a few weeks ago and have been shedding a few hours every day. I'm really just working on technique right now (rebound strokes, basic rudiments and basic funk/rock beats) and am having a blast. I wish I had done this a few years ago!
  8. jb70

Steely Dan influences?

I don't label them as anything. They are one-of-a-kind. Beyond category.
  9. jb70

Steely Dan influences?

Steely Dan isn't a funk band so I don't know why anyone would compare them to other funk bands of that era.
  10. jb70

Steely Dan influences?

Well, there's no accounting for taste.
  11. jb70

Steely Dan influences?

Another couple of Steely Dan songs that are not boring or uninspired:
  12. jb70

Steely Dan influences?

This is hardly boring and uninspired:
  13. jb70

What's live music looking like for you this month in your area?

Almost all of my gigs have been postponed until next year (mostly high-end weddings and a few corporate gigs). I had a private, outdoor gig last weekend in Rye, NY at a country club and it felt great to play music with living human beings once again. Other than that, all gigs in the tri-state...
  14. jb70

Grosh NOS Retro S incoming!

Nice axes! I love the top on your NOS S and Don's ElectraJet VT's are just absolutely incredible instruments!
  15. jb70

Nice! That's a beautiful guitar. I've heard good things about the Klein pickups but I've never checked 'em out.
  16. jb70

Fantastic! Yeah, my new guitar also came set up perfectly- no tweaking needed at all and it plays beautifully. Feel free to post pics of your RC's!
  17. jb70

Agree 100%. Don's fretwork is unparalleled in the business.
  18. jb70

Do you still have your Retro Classics? I almost went that route but decided on Don's NOS Retro "S" model instead.
  19. jb70

Agreed. I used to have a couple of high end guitars from other builders but I sold them after getting my Electrajets. I just really love the feel of Don's guitars and they have a vibe that not many others have. Plus his medium roundback neck with the 12" radius and immaculate fretwork really...
  20. jb70

nice axes! your tele is a real beauty and the EJ with the P-90’s kicks ass!
  21. jb70

I would love to have one of Don's "T" guitars someday. Not sure if I would go with the NOS or the RC. Do you have any pics of your Grosh's?
  22. jb70

Yep, their customer service is second to none. Feel free to post a pic! :-)
  23. jb70

Thanks buddy! It actually arrived about an hour ago and plays/sounds like a dream. It actually sounds like a grand piano!

Trending Topics