Search results

1. R

Praise & Worship - Single Coil or HB's?

I used an HSH style guitar for my P&W team...then went to a tele. I was so glad I made the switch. Cuts through the mix perfectly. :banana
  2. R

Anyone using a COT 50 with a Bassman LTD or open-back combo?

And do the new versions have a 9v plug adapter?
  3. R

I usually run my BM amp around 5 or so....so it's not really in breakup territory. By running my amp this way, would I not get the full benefit of a COT50?
  4. R

Distortion for open-back combo amp?

Anyone try the COT50 with an open-back combo?
  5. R

How's that pedal sound with an open-back combo?
  6. R

Well, maybe I'll give the OCD another try if what I got coming doesn't pan out. As far as running my amp a little crunchy, that's hard to do with a Bassman. At least, at the places I play at. I never have it up past 5.
  7. R

What versions of the OCD are you refering to? I've tried them all and couldn't find one that worked for me. They had too much bass, or too much fizz or too much compression....I just couldn't seem to dial in a tone that worked.
  8. R

Looking for a recomendation for a distortion pedal for an open-back combo amp. A Bassman LTD to be specific. I have a Box of Rock on the way, as well as a Crunch Box. I think the Crunch Box might be the way to go. But, just in case, I thought I'd ask you guys for some recomendation. Budget is no...
  9. R

Zvex Box or Rock + Bassman LTD = What to expect?

I'm thinking maybe another Tube Zone or a Crunch Box. The Maxon Sonic Distortion sounds good as well.
  10. R

Isn't the Mule low to medium gain? I tried an OCD and there was too much bass for me.
  11. R

Are you talking about distortion in general or just the BoR? I've been running a Tube Zone through my Bassman and the bottom end has been very tight. My amp is going to be mic'd....will that make a difference? Have you owned this combination...or are you just generally speaking?
  12. R

Anyone running this pedal in front of this amp?
  13. R

Distortion recomendation for P&W environment

Relax on the whole P&W thing. If I asked for an OD recomendation for Blues...no one would be making an issue of what genre it's for. And yes...some OD's can sound different if used in a P&W setting because some churches don't use amps, just a PA or an in-ear system. So let it go. No need to make...
  14. R

OK...found a Box or Rock used at a good price...so I'll give that a whirl when it arrives next week.
  15. R

OK....tried the Jekyll & Hyde and I've given it the Mr. Maxwell POS Pedal of the year award. Just my opinion...but it was a very sterile sounding pedal that didn't play well with anything in my rig. I'm moving on to the Box of Rock. Let's see how that goes...
  16. R

Jekyll & Hyde & Barber Direct Drive questions

The whole reason I got myself into this mess is because of my current dirt boxes. I'm doing a church gig on the side and need something more from my dirt boxes. I have a Tube Zone, which I love...but it's hard to change on the fly. I find that I have to do way more tweaking than I want to while...
  17. R

Thanks for the other suggestions. I guess it goes to show you that one man's junk is another man's treasure. I've never gotten along with Fulldrive dirt boxes, including the FD2. Same with compressors. Even the Barber Tone Press didn't get much use. Same with the Rat. I've been through several...
  18. R

No...but it's a genre of music. If I asked for a distortion pedal recomendation....I'm sure someone would have asked "What kind of music are you playing."
  19. R

Jekyll & Hyde & Barber Direct Drive questions

Can the Jekyll & Hyde do what the Direct Drive does? I started another thread about getting a DS-1 on my board, and the J&H was suggested to me. I don't think it will fit on my board in its current state, so I'd have to sell something, and I think that something is my Direct Drive. I'm...
  20. R

Thanks for the help. I'm going to look into the Jekyll & Hyde, used. Although, I'm not sure it will fit on my board, but we shall see. Thank you again.
  21. R

My main (and only) distortion box is a Tube Zone. I love the pedal, but I'm a set it and forget it type of guy...and with the various P&W stuff that I do, it's just not possible to set and forget that pedal....so I need something a bit more versatile. When I say versatile...I mean just 2-3 knobs...
  22. R

Buying SOB strings from abroad

I live IN the US and still won't buy strings from the guy after lots of bad experiences with him. I couldn't even imagine the headaches one would suffer after dealing with SOB strings if they lived outside the US.
  23. R

Gershwin's Rhapsody In Blue

I'm not looking to do the whole song....just the intro. I just want to add it in a song I'm doing. I have almost all of it down...just one small part I can't seem to get. I've gone my entire life without having to read music....and I've gotten by just fine...so I'm not going to start now. I...

Trending Topics