Search results

1. guitardr

New DV Mark 250 M and GH 250 little heads

Thanks for your impressions...Just picked up a Little 250 M head to place on a pedalboard after having BluGuitar Amp1 act strangely on a gig. Using EHX Pitchfork, TC Corona Chorus and TC Nova Delay in the loop: sounds good. One thing about this head: the clean channel is dark (as told to me...
  2. guitardr

BluGuitar Amp 1 experiences

A couple of sketchy things relating to the Amp1... You have to dig for warranty information in manual and on the site, i.e warranty length & details. Only 1 service center in the CONUS: located in Colorado. Last night my first generation AMP1 chose to develop a thermal problem/short...
  3. guitardr

"Second half of 2018" has been the quote in press releases & web site: the real snag is that for all the details with the first generation...Mercury improvements might render the "old" model to lesser status. What happened to software improvement? Not good at all.
  4. guitardr

Been using the Amp1 for over a year: in general it covers the bases. Using it with either a Bogner Cube, Mesa Thiele 1-12" with EV SRO or Bob Burt V-Front 2-12" with Celestion Classics: it fires all of them up nicely. For fly dates it has performed well when using provided backline cabs too. On...
  5. guitardr

BluGuitar Amp1

Question for other Amp1 owners... On the bottom of the unit is a push button for +4db/-10db for the FX Loop as illustrated on Pg. 88 in Figure 2. I have a hole instead of any button: is this how they come so the tweak has to be done with a small screwdriver; or did the possibly missing button...
  6. guitardr

Yamaha THR100 owners.

The biggest retailer for the THD100's in the states is Sweetwater...contact their sales department and see what's up. The bag looks pretty decent from the web site and neatly holds the foot pedal as well. Why availability in the UK is first I'll never know.
  7. guitardr

Yamaha THR100 owners.

Out of control: features, flexibility, versions, price points, et al. The new GP gives stellar reviews to the Katana series. Yamaha has been rather slow with updates, combo versions, etc. I'll wait for Winter NAMM to see what is offered...not griping about the Yamaha build quality though I think...
  8. guitardr

Yamaha THR100 owners.

Just checked out videos and researched Boss' Katana line: have any of you THR100 owners been able to check out this Katana stuff and made an informed comparison? It's getting out of control...LOL. :hide
  9. guitardr

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

Any Yamaha THR100HD owners made the switch to using any of the Katana models? This is getting out of hand...LOL. :hide
  10. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Long ago I addressed the TRS to mono cabling snag in this thread after speaking to Yamaha - California & Sweetwater's techs. Glad that others are sleuthing it out; hopefully Yamaha will do something about the vague descriptions in the owner's manual on Page 19.
  11. guitardr

Yamaha THR100 owners.

Some nice multi's are... Any of the Axe-FX units, especially the newer FX8 (not cheap). Truetone H20 (chorus & delay) Eventide H9 series Tech 21 Fly Rig 5 TC Nova System Line 6 Firehawk Boss ME-25 Digitech RP-360 Keeley Workstations (new series) T-Rex Soulmate ISP Technologies Epitome Carl...
  12. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

MS is on the money...the HD gives you the advantage of having one amp be your "clean" setting and then go to a nastier sound with the second amp. I use 2 different 1-12" cabs: Bogner Cube with Celestion Classic 80 and a Mesa Thiele cab with an EV SRO (for higher dB). It all depends on how loud...
  13. guitardr

Yamaha THR100 owners.

I just could not fly, lug around or shlep a MKV combo to every situation, hence the THR100HD. Using 3 different cabs: Bogner Cube w/ Celestion Classic, Mesa Thiele w/ EV SRO, and a Bob Burt V-212 w/ Celestion Classic Lead 80's. Putting some dB's and power opens this amp up and releases more...
  14. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

After contacting Yamaha USA in CA I solved (for me) the problem with the TRS FX loop jacks on the THR100HD... Please find my entry in this thread re: TRS>mono cables or adapters to use (#1513 in this thread): this works for me or PM me for any further support/help.
  15. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Whether it's that "Mad Scientist" ad or musicians talking about the Rev, why not cut to the chase and show the thing being used. What a waste of hype & time.
  16. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Sending to a EHX Pitchfork > Neo Mini-Ventilator > TC Nova Delay. Using the plug-in TRS adaptors with female 1/4" with top-line BPTA.com cables. With the internal utility switched to "serial" & having the FX on: just switching Amp I to II does it with shared use by both amps. Using it at the...
  17. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Weird...
  18. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

To all those THR100HD folks who have had issues using ONE FX source (pedal board or single Multi-FX unit) and getting it to work with BOTH AMP I or AMP II: here's the solution that was NOT clearly explained or defined on Page 19 of the THR's owner's manual... We're all learning that BOTH the...
  19. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

According to Yamaha it only goes on (and even speeds up) if the amp heats up at all... Get back to us if you notice it Jim234.
  20. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

The ongoing saga of the THR100HD's "serial (love that page of the owner's manual)-parallel" loop... The pasta bowl of TRS to Y mono cables illustrated in the manual (Page 19 in the manual is rather off-kilter) was strange, so I called Yamaha out in Cali to ask their tech guys to read the...
  21. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

My order was corrected finally...do NOT deal with "sales engineer assistants" @ Sweetwater however. That young fellow just did not choose to read my order nor communicate well at all. Also don't expect speedy service when ordering a hot item...LOL.
  22. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Just a great thread to read everybody's responses & analysis of this little tone tool. From players who are not readily aware of using proper speaker impedance, not realizing A versus A/B headroom issues, tube characteristics, boost types (3), and on & on. Despite many of our individual rushes...
  23. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Following my ealier post where I felt that the Clean was missing something. I have now resolved this issue following a session tonight. It would seem that the Bass, Mid and Treb are very sensitive - a little goes a long way. A boost to just a little less than 1 O'Clock on all three of the EQ...
  24. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

After loading the Utility Editor into my comp I slapped some headphones on and found some valuable internals available: 4 reverbs, 3 booster types, 3 positions of noise gating, various speaker emulations with a healthy dose of mike placements/types, etc. I'm sure than when this head is utilized...
  25. guitardr

New Yamaha THR?

Just got my HD last night & there IS a way to use one pedal board or FX source for BOTH AMP I & II without TRS - Y cables. Simply use the software editor available on the Yamaha web site & change the factory setting from parallel to series. After that the loop will work for either/both...

Trending Topics