Search results

1. D

Toneprint Pedals - can you download your current toneprint to the computer?

Dang it, I figured that would be the case. I’ll just have to listen close and figure out what I did again. I had some complicated stuff going on Using the 5 positions of each knob as a preset essentially.... D
  2. D

Toneprint Pedals - can you download your current toneprint to the computer?

I have a custom toneprint I made a long time ago. The computer I used and the file are long gone, but I still have the pedal. I can't find a way in the editor to download that tone print that is stored on the pedal. Anyone know how to do it? D
  3. D

anyone using their Helix Stomp as a Delay/Reverb box?

This was an interesting surprise, never paid that pedal any attention. Just gave some clips a listen, and that thing sounds really nice. I kinda ignored an MXR reverb as that really isn’t their wheelhouse, but it sounds cool. I wish it were programmable... D
  4. D

Buy an Hx FX for the delays and other stuff, and buy the Strymon nightsky so you’ll be the cool kid with the newest Strymon reverb and can use the cool new sounds some before everyone else does and makes us all bored with those sounds. If you time it right, you can be selling it right at the...
  5. D

Amp1 & Helix/Fractal/Kemper users...

The power tubes themselves change the eq/tonality of the sound far less than what most people might think. They do some tone shaping, but it’s very subtle especially if the power amp was designed with this kind of use in mind. D
  6. D

This is pretty close to my take on it. It is difficult to get big, impressive reverbs that don’t get in the way. With a lot of fiddling, I managed to get it with glitz and double tank well enough to be happy. Even then the settings are really fickle, like 1-2% too much on the mix or .1-.2...
  7. D

Tube amps loaded down

I like amps when I get to be or want to be really loud. When using the best devices, I haven’t found much difference for lower volume playing or gigs that require in ears. I didn’t like the hassle of lugging amps just to load them down and run them through speaker sims, preferred the...
  8. D

Oh, how I wish.... If you find channel 2 vintage mode of a 3 channel recto in there, or a great pitch algorithm, or a no tweaking needed awesome reverb, I’ll buy you a beer... That’s not all I wish was in there, just the first 3 that came to mind. D
  9. D

You are correct lol. Thank God I said “I don’t think it has...” and not “I’m absolutely certain it does not have...” D
  10. D

Good for you. Looks like I hurt more than one persons feelings calling it a modeler. It’s still a modeler... I own and use Helix. Formerly owned an FM3, which is how I was able to tell the OP what to do if he found things a little too compressed running into the effects return of the Amp1. I...
  11. D

I meant adding compression from the tube moreso than doubling the power amp modeling. If you find things too compressed with the fm3 into it, turn off the speaker compression first and if that’s not enough tweak advanced parameters to stiffen the power amp. D
  12. D

I played with the helix reverbs again last night. I had dialed in 3 sounds that I really liked previously and just use them for everything with minor tweaks. Last night I tried just the stock settings on the new reverbs. Now I understand why some people have such a visceral reaction to...
  13. D

If they put a poweramp on a sansamp, it’s still an analog modeler. Now it just has a poweramp too. That’s what the amp1 is doing. Sorry if it hurts your feelings to call it a modeler. I’ve got other things to do, carry on... D
  14. D

The “feel” the nanotube is adding is compression. Your kemper is already modeling the compression of the power amp of the amp in your profile. So, you’re adding additional compression if you run it into the amp1. I expect it isn’t much, but it’s going to add some. I don’t like the feel of an...
  15. D

No, not really. There are plenty of analog devices that model amps, that’s where this all started actually and companies still make the original ones and new ones. The amp1 is a new take on that approach, and a pretty cool one too. D
  16. D

+1 The fractal verbs are better, but it’s not like the heavens open when you turn one on or anything. The HX verbs don’t hang with some of the very best verbs I’ve had/heard, but they’re plenty good for my needs. Once I’ve learned how to get the most out of them I’ve been really happy with...
  17. D

My bad, missed the effects return. I’d think you’d have better luck with a dedicated small power amp though and let your modeler do its thing. In the Helix or kemper, you can’t deactivate the power amp modeling. You may or may not like the response of a power amp into a power amp. It depends...
  18. D

Semantics, it models 4 amp tones. D
  19. D

It’s an amp modeler, how would it be an ideal power amp for another modeler? I don’t think it has an input that bypasses the amp section? D
  20. D

HX Stomp: one amp to rule them all

Switching presets will have a momentary volume drop. Switching snapshots within a preset does not. So, if you put two amp blocks in the preset and use a snapshot control or a footswitch to switch between them there won’t be a volume drop. It requires two amp blocks though. D
  21. D

Best modeler for Vox AC30 sound

I’ve stuck with the Brit Trem model almost exclusively for over a year (the JTM45 in FM3 is very similar to it - I compared them a few weeks ago). I started trying some other amp models, and it’s a lot of fun. I forgot how much I enjoyed that vox chime and upper mids. I also forgot how much I...
  22. D

Best modeler for Vox AC30 sound

On a budget, pod go. The Essex A30 model is fantastic, after many years with vox amps it’s one of the first to really capture the low to mid gain AC tones for me (using a helix floor). I slightly preferred it to the FM3 I tested a few weeks ago. Definitely get a good IR for it as well as...
  23. D

Coming to grips with selling my amps

Same for me. I’ve moved one amp that I wish I could have held onto. The rest, don’t miss them at all including the ones I ditched after switching to modeling rigs. The one that I regret is bittersweet. In trade, I got a strat that has been unequaled by every other strat I’ve played in the...
  24. D

York Audio Vox AC30 is the U2 sound, and more

That’s a very low high cut setting, especially for U2. Electric guitars definitely have useful and important frequencies above that. Do whatever works for you, but I typically have the high cuts around 12-12.5k. D
  25. D

Strymon Iridium vs Mic'ing amp??

This is exactly what I was going to say. This is your first time playing live, stick with the stuff you know and are comfortable with. Once you get used to playing live, if you have specific gear related problems look for solutions to them. D