Search results

1. TweeDLX

The New Rivera Fender Concert mod thread

I sorted out a few more things on this. Mainly where to run leads to the Vactrols to get the correct tube order. The illustration below shows the Vactrols as they appear from the back of the amp looking at the circuit board. I numbered them from left to right. Wound up with more gain than I knew...
  2. TweeDLX

PHILLYGTR: Kind of your call. For myself, I wanted something that was suitable to the styles of music I play. The original design didn't float my boat, so I fixed it. :) It's been a fascinating journey so far.
  3. TweeDLX

Greetings! I tore into the old Concert this week. There were some errors in my original mod. Moving the Volume from the last gain stage on the drive channel to directly following the treble pot made a big improvement. Once I fixed those, I realized that while the amp sounded great, it lacked...
  4. TweeDLX

Advice on a simple lightweight tube amp

Get a Quilter TB101. Not a tube amp. doesn't sound like one either. Sounds great as it is. 50W, 4 pounds, $300. Great with pedals.
  5. TweeDLX

DV Mark on the way...

I have a DV Mark Micro 50 on the way.
  6. TweeDLX

Question re: clipping out a resistor

That's why we invented questions.
  7. TweeDLX

Question re: clipping out a resistor

http://elektrotanya.com/PREVIEWS/63463243/23432455/egyeb/crate_palomino_v16.pdf_1.png If clipping C3 doesn't help enough, try adding the .001uf snubber cap across the plate resistor of V1b.
  8. TweeDLX

5e3 Build not working HELP!!

If you're using a 5AR4c rectifier and getting 483VDC with tubes installed, what are your filter caps rated for? You can have a nice little fireworks show if you exceed the voltage rating on those E-caps. Stop defending your choice of rectifier tube, and take the advice of these people who are...
  9. TweeDLX

Ceiling fan light quit working in jam room!

Good point here. I have old outlets in my garage linked to the new outlets with the built in breaker. I rarely trip my breaker box, but if something goes wonky, I have to check all the outlets with breakers to find the problem.
  10. TweeDLX

Silverface Twin Problem...help!

Yes. A 12AX7 is a perfect replacement for a 7025. The 7025 is simply a "quieter" version of the 12AX7.
  11. TweeDLX

Ceiling fan light quit working in jam room!

Did you measure the hot contact of each socket for voltage? That will be a huge clue.
  12. TweeDLX

Swamp Thang in a Deluxe Reverb

So very true. Which is why I get such a kick out all the "What's the best (speaker, pre-amp tube, capacitor, banana, etc) for a (insert name of amp here)..." types of questions. As in life itself, there are no black and white answers, only shades of gray. :) I have an Allen Accomplice that has...
  13. TweeDLX

Home Built 2x12 Ext. Cab

My tools look similar to this...
  14. TweeDLX

Resistor tubing

It's called "Heatshrink" do a search for that. It comes in all colors (mainly black), and different tubing widths. Scroll down a ways on this page: http://hoffmanamps.com/MyStore/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=enter&template&thispage=WireCable&ORDER_ID=!ORDERID!
  15. TweeDLX

Tube amp problem

That ticking noise made me crazy until I discovered the source! :) Can we assume you've done some tube changes? I wonder if we can possibly be discussing the sound of a faulty cap charging and discharging?
  16. TweeDLX

Home Built 2x12 Ext. Cab

I totally suck at woodworking and metal fab. A lack of proper tools contributes to that, and a lack of patience rounds it out. My cabs look like something from the Bizarro world. Sawdust and metal shavings tend to collect around the area where I work on amps. My cheesy vacuum can never get them...
  17. TweeDLX

Mission amp 5e3 voulme mod

To me, the volume interaction was what made it such a cool amp. I removed my mod after a year or so.
  18. TweeDLX

Mission amp 5e3 voulme mod

I did that mod on my 5E3 a long time ago. I may have the instructions out in the garage. I'll give a look see and post if I find them. Bruce Collins is incredible about giving advice over the phone. Your best bet is to give him a ring.
  19. TweeDLX

Bad Cat Cub IIR, cutting out with any vibration

I had a Hot Cat 30R with an issue. I contacted them and heard back right away. Glad you got it straightened out.
  20. TweeDLX

Delta Blues issue. *Update*

Most Peaveys come biased pretty cold, so you can swap in most tubes without a rebias. If it was me, I'd start sticking one tube at a time back in to see if any have an issue. Why waste good tubes? :)
  21. TweeDLX

Tube amp problem

It could also be something in the tremolo circuit. Is it a steady regular ticking?
  22. TweeDLX

Bad Cat Cub IIR, cutting out with any vibration

Have you contacted Bad Cat? They're pretty good about offering help. Still under warranty?
  23. TweeDLX

Tube amp problem

If you look at the power tubes (the big ones) and see sparks flashing inside of them, that's arcing. Time for a new set. I'd also have a tech look it over to make sure that nothing else is causing the tubes to arc.
  24. TweeDLX

Going to see Mark Farner tomorrow!

I'd like to hear where Mark's guitar playing has gone since the 70's...

Trending Topics