Search results

1. vhollund

Cavity shielding - always necessary ?

That sounds interesting Any chance it any of your new systems will be sold seperately some time in the future ?
  2. vhollund

Hello John, Yes old post, but the advice you gave is still solid. Good to see you still find time to lurk around and shine some light. Actually finally I had to dismiss my homemade coil as it brought more noise at certain angles than with regular ground. I don't know if it was polarity or...
  3. vhollund

The term ground loop was badly chosen yes And i agree with you on what to expect What John Suhr told me 10 years ago was that a shielding should only have one connection to star ground That a loop in the shield path is a potential antenna I just found ou my tele pick up connects to the PU plate...
  4. vhollund

You're probably right They did not mesure any connection to the pickups ground My shield doesn't seem to make that much of a difference though Still noisy as hell It's hard to say if it is more or less noisy but it is VERY noisy I don't know maybe i did something stupid I was taught not to...
  5. vhollund

Hello! Apropos shielding i just gave a double graphite coating to the cavities of my tele and my les paul 54 RI, today. Well... half the les paul, because i run a p90 in the neck together with a virtual vintage p90 humbucker bridge. ;) I don't know if it is a no-no but the blend seems to work...
  6. vhollund

I'm re-reading this old thread from the days where John Suhr shared his wisdom here. It doesn't get any better.
  7. vhollund

Opinions on Arcane pickups

Problem solved ! Thank you Larry for spontaneously stepping in to help a fellow man. That was very kind of you.
  8. vhollund

Well I don't think he is a thief by intend, but keeping something that is my property an indefinite period of time after i told him to return it, is screwing with the client, in the sense that i'm stuck and might have to buy a new set of pick ups to compensate. I also think it's safe to say he...
  9. vhollund

My guess is that he doesn't know how to manage his business and is trying to do everything himself instead of hiring staff and PR/manager And it is letting down his business and his costumers at the same time
  10. vhollund

I've got an issue with a pair of pick ups, I had to return because of microphonics. He told me he will repair/wax them swiftly and for free Since I waited some before getting to returning the PUs, I asked him for the delay and for how I would owe him But three months has gone by and I haven't...
  11. vhollund

Famous heavy gauge pick users - Brands

I received the Claytons today 1.52 standard I must first say that I've gotten used to the primetones with the beveled rounded corner since last time so I'm comparing to that After a quick tryout More Clunky and rough than primetones with the lack of bevels but better /brighter texture than the...
  12. vhollund

Any experience with the standard 2.2mm chicken picks?
  13. vhollund

I didn't realise, so many heavy pick users Since last week I'm getting used to using the rounded corner of the 1.5 mm prime tone Both for fast solo stuff and chords The sound is so much meatier, I'm really digging it Takes away that papery plunky sound and the attack pops more On chords it...
  14. vhollund

Maxon SD-9--get mods or not??? Who's had both?

The ibanez version is not true bypass The Maxon is
  15. vhollund

Help with Flashback 2 - octaver - Toneprint Editor

Thank You Yes, that's what I did and copied every excact setting in their organ preset, but I still can't integrate the octaver to my delay The idea is to turn the delay knob to zero and pulling up feedback and router octave effect , by the same move but nomatter how i turn the settings no...
  16. vhollund

Maxon SD-9--get mods or not??? Who's had both?

I've had the stock version for over 15 years and I never saw a reason to mod it I believe Michael Landau who made this pedal boom, uses the stock version
  17. vhollund

Help with Flashback 2 - octaver - Toneprint Editor

I'm going through the new great features of Flashback 2 and the TP editor However I can't seem to activate the octaver It's on in the settings, Wet level 0db and Router 0db Octaver to Effect but nothing happens Are others having this issue or what might I be doing wrong ?
  18. vhollund

For the purpose of sharing, while I'm trying out and comparing... I went another shop this morning All they had was a Gator in 2mm and a purple standard plastic dunlop 1.5 (delrin? ) that i took home The gator takes away alot of the crispyness/treble of the attack because of the texture, and to...
  19. vhollund

Cheap silent external tap tempo pedals

Though I already had a sustain pedal i now use, I came across this one half the price and no clicking noise If you are worried it wont last you can buy 2 and it will still be half the price of BOSS FS 5U and all the costum builds http://www.thomann.de/fr/lead_foot_lfd_1_mkii.htm?r=app Or even...
  20. vhollund

I'm having trouble with the slant of the filled edges of the primetones It seems to make my picking unstable so It works better if i use another corner of the pick The Claytons acetones don't seem to have that issue (But they might have another one) I'll try the Gator 1.5 tomorrow Should be...
  21. vhollund

Yes that's what I got I'm not completely sure if the slant fits my playing though I might be too used to the flat sides Now i got me some claytons on amazon so I'll be comparing Chore ? How so? Agreed, I play mostly electric cleanish/crunchy stuff and the heavier pick is definitly better for...
  22. vhollund

Hello I went to the store here in France No Claytons mostly Dunlop So i ended up buying this stupidly espensive pick 3 for 5 € Probably the inexpensive Claytons (12 for 8 on Amazon) are just as good But... I must say that though at first I completely rejected the thought of paying that much for...
  23. vhollund

If you like tinkering with the toneprint editor, the fb2 is pretty underated In fact i tried strymon el capistan for a month and found the delays too hifi and the analog buffering horrible when on I just made 3 costum delays in fb2 2 identical but with different mash setting On one preset the...
  24. vhollund

This type switch migth be good on a huge arena stage but I have had an issue that the noise the make will be noticed on a smaller stage and can actually ruin a quiet song I have tested with a Korg ps-3 expression pedal that i don't use often (for keyboards) It's 14 dollars + an added stereo jack...

Trending Topics