Search results

1. I Am Misery

Serious Question. What is it about this place and Van Halen?

i don't like jazz or Van Halen. their fans are even worse.
  2. I Am Misery

still couldn't care less. is that nod to Dixie towards the beginning? whoahh, look out. classical/violin style played on guitar is not the type of thing that would turn my world upside down. i don't really ever want to hear that again. my younger brothers grew up on Barney the purple dinosaur...
  3. I Am Misery

this thread makes me want to sell my guitars. dead serious. "guitar hero worship" is a mental disfunction.
  4. I Am Misery

Whoa this woman can play!

hopefully she's inspiring them to wear tight black pants. :p
  5. I Am Misery

Whoa this woman can play!

seriously? i'm pretty sure she knows what she's doing, you can come down off your shiny white horse. that's what i thought when i heard Van Halen. i wasn't knocked out when i first heard them, which made all the praise from the "guitar players" a bit confusing. thankfully i was born about five...
  6. I Am Misery

Do you ever “feel sorry” for people who don’t play guitar?

i think you'd be quite surprised.
  7. I Am Misery

How to hear the difference between vinyl and mp3

people who know better don't listen to "poor quality mp3's" these days. any of those others would have been happy listening to a 3rd generation cassette mix tape back in the day.
  8. I Am Misery

you talk like it's 2003 or something. people don't really listen to "poor quality mp3's" these days. are you sure it's not the booze? :p
  9. I Am Misery

Who are some new and inspiring blues guitarists?

i think i'm in love...
  10. I Am Misery

the new Roland MC-707 has the Boss GT-100 guitar amp/fx built in...

i was a bit vague in the first post, it's not that it has a full GT-100 built in with the amp simulations and all the stomp fx at the same time. each of the eight tracks has its own MFX (which includes the GT amp sims and most all of the other Boss/Roland fx) and EQ, as well as having an overall...
  11. I Am Misery

try closing the lid on the record player, a lot of that goes away. :p
  12. I Am Misery

...and be sure to just sit there, waiting for the side to end. you'll have to flip it over before you know it. wonderful. what a bunch of romantic nonsense. there's something "not worth the effort" about the whole process. i'm so glad that i don't have to experience any of that ever again...
  13. I Am Misery

I miss talking with other guitarists, but gear talk hasn't interested me ...

just can't get rid of that "old guitar player" smell. it's uncomfortable in there. stinks like middle age and lost dreams. there's offsetguitars.com (pretty cool) and shortscale.org (a bunch of 40 year old pop-punk half-wits). tdpri, strat-talk, lots more...
  14. I Am Misery

What was the very first song or album you bought ? ...( Mine is a right stinker !! )

my mom made me return the Beastie Boys home video, that was so embarrassing. she didn't make a big deal out of it, but i remember her telling the guy at the shop that it was "inappropriate for a ten year old" or something like that. she was generally pretty cool, but the half-naked girls in the...
  15. I Am Misery

Interesting Danny Gatton video

not sure if these are "new" or not:
  16. I Am Misery

What was the very first song or album you bought ? ...( Mine is a right stinker !! )

the first album that i had to have, and listened to over and over for almost a year straight: honestly, this is my real answer (i also had a stack of KISS albums that i got from an older cousin), i had my mom buy me this album when i was six or seven ...but we didn't have a working record...
  17. I Am Misery

the new Roland MC-707 has the Boss GT-100 guitar amp/fx built in...

not sure if this might be useful to anyone. you can record or "re-amp" your guitar through the GT-100 guitar sims and fx. you're stuck with just one or two fx at a time (plus compressor and EQ), but you should be able to "overdub/bounce" fx on tracks once they're recorded into the Looper. the...
  18. I Am Misery

The Greatest Power Trios

The Misfits (Glenn Danzig) started out as a trio: how could i forget them? they were the blueprint for the Blues Explosion. i listen to him quite a bit, i guess i think of him more as a solo act?
  19. I Am Misery

Johnny Ramone

highly unlikely, they were headlining their 'Last Rights' tour in '92. nothing about SP and The Ramones playing together correlates. EDIT: looks like it might have been either Body Count or Social Distortion? https://www.songkick.com/artists/99871-ramones/gigography?page=4...
  20. I Am Misery

Johnny Ramone

it's also the birth date of: - Matt Damon - Chevy Chase - Sigourney Weaver - Jesse Jackson - RL Stine as well as a dozen youtube, twitter, instagram, etc "stars" ...oh, and my baby momma. thanks for reminding me. ;)

Trending Topics