Search results

1. starfish

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

My 11/24 BF order has been changed to status fulfilled including a USPS tracking number. It looks like Prymaxe is catching up fast!
  2. starfish

The Source Audio Ventris Reverb: it's in the wild... and it's AWESOME!

FWIW, for those of us who shopped Prymaxe on Black Friday, the discount was 26% off on the Ventris.
  3. starfish

Ric 1967 360-12 - Heartbreaking, I opened my case today to find this...

Sorry, I cleaned my inbox. I need to re-up my Gold Membership one of these days. I'll send you a PM.
  4. starfish

If it were a 6-string, I'd be all over that! :)
  5. starfish

Thanks for the kind words and feedback, everyone! I'm trying to keep this in perspective, since the part is replaceable. As RJLII stated earlier in the thread, it could be a lot worse like a head stock. I did speak with a well-known, highly-regarded, local guitar tech about checking out the...
  6. starfish

Any recommendations on how to proceed? I just learned I can't buy a new replacement part without sending in my broken vintage part. I have no idea if the current part is even compatible. I'm assuming the cost of a vintage replacement part would likely be steep, assuming I can even locate...
  7. starfish

Luckily, there is no apparent damage to the guitar top, just a clean break of the tailpiece. The guitar was stored upright in its case. A couple years ago I had this hanging on the wall. Things might have turned out worse for it or neighboring guitars in that scenario.
  8. starfish

Source Audio Nemesis Delay

For me, one of the strongest points of the Nemesis is how well it sits in the mix, even at high rates of feedback. This point was noticeable right out of the box upon first playing, but it really began to shine after I selected the alternate mix knob shape. Kudos to both SA and to whomever...
  9. starfish

Thanks, this worked. :) Thanks. Apparently, the pedal came directly from SA to the vendor a couple weeks ago and already had the latest firmware. When I first unboxed the Nemesis, I downloaded the updater and checked to confirm the latest firmware was installed, including the Binson delays...
  10. starfish

Ran into some weirdness with trying the presets that are shared under "Web" in the app. This was my first time trying the shared presets. When I select some of the presets, there are remanants of the other presets still activated. For example, I tried one with Double Helix and when I selected...
  11. starfish

Excellent, I'm looking forward to it. :) I would prefer to use the desktop editor on my Mac anyway. That way I can also edit presets on my H9 and Nemesis concurrently.
  12. starfish

Got it, thanks! I'm sure I'll get used to this in due time. More directed to SA as a suggestion for Neuro: It seems like it would be more intuitive for certain hardware settings changes to have a persistent state in the app, at least for the settings that require the app and for which the...
  13. starfish

A couple newbie questions, since I've had the pedal less than a week and just got my phone updated and Neuro loaded... Is there a certain order that must be followed regarding pedal power up and opening Neuro? Under "Hardware Settings" when I turn on Alternate Mix Knob Shape why does the...
  14. starfish

Some thoughts on the Tape engine... I could pretty much live just with that and be happy for quite some time. It is also really excellent that there is a second tape engine in Noise Tape. Being a Nemesis newb, and intimidated by 458+ pages, could anyone tell me if there is a way to get a...
  15. starfish

The demand has been visible to customers too. I had to wait nearly two months because my preferred vendor was always out of stock, right after restocking.
  16. starfish

I guess this has been a long time coming... I've finally joined the Nemesis club. I have been a bit of a delay junkie throughout my history here at TGP, typically an early adopter too, especially a long while back with the Timefactor and Timeline. I had among the first units to hit the...
  17. starfish

I'm planning to purchase a Nemesis in the near future. Regarding firmware enhancements, would it be possible in a future update to allow the user to have access to all 24 delay types without using the Neuro app, perhaps by holding the control input button and turning the engine selector? At...
  18. starfish

Cure/Joy Division tone (not flanger/chorus)

Martin Hannett was a very talented producer, a brilliant engineering mind in the right place at the right time. A week ago I pulled out my vinyl copy of the US pressing of The Psychedelic Furs s/t LP and finally noticed after all these years that Martin Hannett produced a couple of the tracks...
  19. starfish

Cure/Joy Division tone (not flanger/chorus)

Longtime fan of both of these bands since the early 80s. Bernard of Joy Division was using a Shergold Masquerader into a solid state Vox amp. I think it was the same model (UL730?) that the Beatles used later on, not early like the tube Vox amps. I have a 12-string Shergold Custom Masquerader...
  20. starfish

Sold Genelec 8030a - Near Mint Pair, less than 10hrs., w/ boxes, manuals, xlr cables

Near Mint pair of Genelec 8030a monitors for $950 shipped/Paypal. I recently listed these on eBay in the quiet dead zone between Christmas and New's Year's. I'll leave these on TGP for a little while before re-listing. Shoot me a PM if interested. Please review all details and pics at the...
  21. starfish

The recent Chameleons Vox tour, The anti-TGP Edition

It was John Lever on drums for the tour in 2011. Yves toured with Mark in 1994 on guitar and this past tour on drums.
  22. starfish

Small world. I know Jack Rabid too. I was wondering though, I think you might be mistaken about the tour in 2011 (Austin gig was at The Elysium w/ vids on Youtube). Those were the same two guitarists (Neil Dwerryhouse and Chris Oliver) as this past tour. I don't think Mark has spoken to Dave...
  23. starfish

I was at that show at The Parish and agree the sound was great. I'm a longtime Chameleons fan who first saw The Chams in 1987, Mark Burgess solo in 1994 several times, the reunion shows several times in 2002 and ChameleonsVox. Excellent show, I think the best show out of the times I have seen...
  24. starfish

Spacemen 3

Long lost Spacemen 3 fan... checking in, signing the register.

Trending Topics