Search results

1. customguitars87

Considering a Suhr Alt T Pro. Question for current owners...

Was literally about to write this haha, nailed it. I also once or twice had to alter rectangular tabs to be more round to fit in the cavity...pretty painless process and took just a minute or two in the garage to accomplish.
  2. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

I feel like this happens frequently when people order Kiesel guitars...just as you receive your guitar they announce some new thing you would've ordered had you been given the chance a few months back haha. I jive nicely with Kiesel's standard neck profile, though I've recently really fallen in...
  3. customguitars87

Post your Blue guitars

One of my faves, scored for less than a MIM Fender :).
  4. customguitars87

Bare Knuckle Manhattans in a 335 style guitar anyone?

Nah the Mules are not high output at all, they are a vintage PAF-style pickup. I play a good amount of jazzy stuff with them in my semihollow and they're amazing for it...also sound really good split. You'll like the Manhattans too though, as I said I have yet to play a Bareknuckle pickup that...
  5. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

I have 23 guitars, 3 are Kiesel. Far from a “fanboi”, but if someone is getting wrong info I like to correct it especially when they’re directly asking for an opinion about a decision they're trying to make. Sorry if it offended you :).
  6. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

Nice build! Same for me, the Vader was always my favorite of the headless shapes with the Osiris as a close second but I never liked the Zeus shape at all. Something about where that bass-side bout connects with the neck just looks off to me aesthetically. My next Kiesel will be an Osiris for...
  7. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

Anyone who is seriously looking into a Kiesel knows what they are and knows about the level of the guitar...as these headless models are in general sort of a specialty sell to begin with. But yeah photos of course do make a big difference, when you have a ton of reflections of the deck like in...
  8. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

That Kiesel isn't purple lol, that's just not a great photo made worse by the blurry repost of it. It's just a glossy version of their "blacked out ash" option, which looks like this: But again, my only point is that a guitar's market value in general is not based on any one person's...
  9. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

Well if you're not aware of the fact that a guitar's looks are a purely subjective thing (and that two people can look at the same guitar and one finds it ugly while another finds it beautiful)...I guess there isn't much more to say there. But your 100% subjective opinion of how a guitar looks...
  10. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

By most others you mean a grand total of two people? :). But yeah, I'm not a fan of the Zeus (in particular the bass-side bout)...I think the Vader and Osiris are way sexier designs. That's just personal preference though and has nothing to do with the value of the instrument. I'm actually in...
  11. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

Because I know about the brand? Mkay.:roll
  12. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

There actually is no difference between the Osiris or Zeus besides the shape of the body...both guitars have the same exact standard specs and bolt-on construction. The headless Delos is a little different and more stratlike because there is a 22 fret option for that model and it does have the...
  13. customguitars87

I compared Fender Strat Fat 50s vs V-Mods

Honestly I think if you're going to compare pickups in any kind of significant way the only real way to do it and have the results be accurate/valid is to compare two sets of pickups installed in the same guitar. There are so many factors that affect tone, and comparing one set of pickups in one...
  14. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

Just about all the $1400 and under selling Zeus models are cheaper/lower spec builds than this one, the ones with specs that match up closer to how this one was ordered are in the $1600-ish range. The ones you'll see for $1100 or slightly less are usually the super basic models that are...
  15. customguitars87

Strandberg for a kiesel?

That Strandberg was $2095 brand new, the Kiesel with these specs comes out to just a hair under $2K so there's barely $100 difference in the new cost. I've seen those Strandbergs sell used for around $1600, so you're suggesting that a nearly $2K mint Zeus is worth $799? Not a chance. Kiesel...
  16. customguitars87

Bare Knuckle Manhattans in a 335 style guitar anyone?

I've tried several BKPs in my semihollow including the Manhattan set and Nantucket set...I liked the Manhattans and the Nantuckets a lot but I found the very best match for a 335-style to be the Bareknuckle Mules. Something about those pickups and that type of guitar is just magical. You won't...
  17. customguitars87

Calling all Blue Guitars!!!

Denim count? Best $350 I ever spent...
  18. customguitars87

Help identifying possible fake Les Paul!!

If most of your guitars are "case queens" and you never buy "players", the last thing you should have ever done in your life is buy a $2000 instrument with one poorly lit photo to work with before making that decision. That makes absolutely zero sense to me.
  19. customguitars87

...but it's Japanese

I'm not sure what that has to do with my statement that you quoted, but OK haha.
  20. customguitars87

Your favorite strat or S style guitar?

3 way tie between my 3 Warmoths...got 'em all from GC used at absolutely ridiculous prices (less than $1500 for all three combined). Each of them absolutely obliterates every Fender I've had at anywhere near that price.
  21. customguitars87

That Fresh Rig Feeling...1976 Hiwatt Custom 100 Content

Yeah for sure, there are so many factors involved in tone that often it’s just a matter of matching everything up in a way that sounds best to you. The guitars you use of course play a big role too. I’ve never actually tried this Marshall cab with any other head besides mine so I haven’t...
  22. customguitars87

Found a nice surprise inside my new (old) Strat pickup cavity

Nice! I seem to always get surprise pickups too...twice in the last year I got a used guitar expecting stock pickups and found Bareknuckles (and once, a Kinman set). Most recently I bought a USA Peavey Predator with Fender noiseless mid and bridge pups, neck pickup looked stock but turned out...
  23. customguitars87

...but it's Japanese

I've owned literally dozens of MIJ guitars over the years, and with one exception they were all top notch instruments. Something isn't "automatically" good just because it's made in one country or another...I have several Korean and Indonesian instruments that are flat out better built guitars...
  24. customguitars87

Question about reverb return policy

Not sure how a random TGPer noticed holes in the back of the headstock but you, having the guitar literally in your possession in front of your eyes, didn't...but yes, once you ask for money back and the seller concedes the matter is usually considered closed. A crooked pickup is an easy fix...
  25. customguitars87

That Fresh Rig Feeling...1976 Hiwatt Custom 100 Content

I've tried a (I believe 1974) 4123 cab with Fanes before with this Hiwatt DR103 but as I mentioned a little earlier in the thread I like the 80s Marshall 1960A 4x12 with the Heritage G12-65 speakers MUCH better. I play a lot of different styles and I found the G12-65s handle them all overall...

Trending Topics