Search results

1. Y

FM3 vs Quad Cortex

Not forbidden. Two threads were closed because they were duplicates of an already active thread. And the main thread was only closed after it turned into a **** storm because of a few people. No need to speculate.
  2. Y

Fractal Axe-Fx III Mark II

That whole patent thing is just speculation. Extra memory can be used for a longer looper, to store audio samples, very long far-field IRs, text for user preset notes, whatever... And for the record: I have no clue.
  3. Y

Fractal FM3 - Reviews, Tones, Questions

Uh ... no, not easier and cheaper. FAS already had the screen + buttons/knobs of the Axe-Fx III that people like, and that people have welcomed on the FM3. Would make no sense in designing and developing a new one.
  4. Y

FM3 - New issue?

I like (more) switches too, but many people can perform with just 3 of them, because they mainly use scenes, and 3 switches suffice for that purpose. I'd have preferred 4 switches, but I guess that the space between them would have become too small, especially for people with large feet (row...
  5. Y

FM3 - New issue?

Not disputing your findings in any way, but for reference: I tested recording in Logic just now, at 32 and then 64 samples, with an 8-track song and playing Spotify through the FM3, and audio was fine, during recording (software monitoring) as well as later playback. FM3 is connected directly...
  6. Y

That's what I think. I'll hold on to my Mk I, until FAS introduces a must-have new feature that relies on the additional memory. EDIT: If I was on the waitlist though, I'd be very happy with the Mark II.
  7. Y

w Latency / buffer depends on multiple factors. 128 is not bad at all. That is: for a Mac, Windows can handle low buffer sizes better. Many people record at 128 even with the Axe-Fx, which has a great interface.
  8. Y

I certainly hope for the Mark II owners that that extra memory will be put to good use. Why else put it in there ...
  9. Y

FM3 - New issue?

It was a joke.
  10. Y

True. Why did Mesa not include the features of the Mark II, IIC+, III, IV, IV, JP in the first Mark I ? Most electronic components do not cost much.
  11. Y

FM3 - New issue?

So the conclusion after never-ending threads with complaints about lack of communications, is that there should've been less communication. :p
  12. Y

What a weird way to characterize progress. Regardless of brand, model, etc. "Here's the new BMW Mk 2 model for this year. So, owners of the previous models, prepare to be left out in the cold on a cool new feature coming up for Mk 2 owners only..." What you're saying is that manufacturers...
  13. Y

Of course. The FM3 (and all FAS processors) is fixed at 48k. Well documented in the manual and elsewhere. P.S. Not every audio issue in this world is caused by the FM3. ;)
  14. Y

Set the sample rate in Logic to 48k (File > Project Settings > Audio).
  15. Y

In Setup > Global: Power Amp Modeling must be turned on, and Cab Modeling must be turned off. Through a guitar cab that may be sound sub-optimal at low volume levels, but it will sound great at gigging levels.
  16. Y

FM3 - New issue?

Just post your questions, here or prefer. on the FAS forum, and we’ll help you out.
  17. Y

There must be something wrong with your setup. No Power Amp Modeling into an ss power amp sounds horrible with most amp models, and that’s not even a matter of taste.
  18. Y

FM3: ring mod + synth block in parallel

Cool sound. Would like to see the preset.
  19. Y

Use Multi Delay instead, it has diffusion.
  20. Y

Trying Fractal again - FM3

New beta released today.
  21. Y

New beta released today.
  22. Y

The FM3 Launch (for me) has been one of the worst experiences of my music career

It isn’t necessary if the pedal is calibrated correctly.
  23. Y

Axe FX III effects unit | Inside and Out Closeup

It’s an old video.
  24. Y

ah, no worries, it’s all good. :) I perfectly understand your wise and safe approach.

Trending Topics