Search results

1. P

Selling an amp on Craigslist - your experience

Pictures are a must. I have sold and bought several amps on CL. Cash only, public spot. Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts lots have cops sometimes
  2. P

NAD: Vox AC15

Real fun amp. Good luck with it I am a CC1 fan since the TB channel was all I used
  3. P

Keep Maz 18 or buy handwired Vox

the Maz hands down. I have had both over the years. Vox is nice. Maz is killer
  4. P

WANTED: pre-owned Boogie-best value??

you will get everything MB under the sun recommended here. MB fans are MB fans. Me, I recommend the Lonestar Special. Sweet clean and the Drive channel is right where I need it. Plenty loud, quality reverb, stock speaker is perfect. An all around great do it all amp
  5. P

Deluxe Reverb vs ??

I was never a fan of alnico's. DRRI needs a ceramic to control the treble. Weber 12F150 or california, V30, WGS ReaperHP (for a little more Voxy flavor)
  6. P

Your top 3 best amps you’ve played/own

Lots of amps in my past so this is a tough choice. Tone King Meteor II 1x12 combo Best BFDR clone I've had. Killer clean channel Mesa Lonestar Special Best clean and dirty combo 2 channel Fargen Blackbird 30 Great cleans, reverb and loves my pedals
  7. P

Small clean amp...WWYD

I have experience with the BJ and the C30. The BJ's have always sounded to boxy for me. I have no complaints about my C30's. One has a Vintage 30 and the other has a well broken in Jensen C12 from an old DRRI I had. Both very sweet to my ears
  8. P

Paul Allen passes away....

My good friend was hired by Allen to create and run the EMP. He got to work closely with him. My buddy said he was in the men's room taking a leak and Paul Allen is on his right doing the same. Then Bill Gates walks in and stands to my friend's left and is peeing. My friend got the biggest...
  9. P

I thought I'd seen it all when it comes to tire kickers

I had been trading, selling and buying stuff here for a few years and felt plenty safe sending an Anderson across the country for a Tone King amp. All the deals I had made were fair, prompt delivery and "as advertised" merchandise. Then I am going to trade a newbie a guitar for a guitar. He...
  10. P

Sold FARGEN Blackbird 30 Combo

Great amp!!! Can't say enough good things about mine
  11. P

I Suddenly Think I Need A Les Paul. Talk Me Out Of It.

I got my first LP 1960 RI about 4 years ago. Love it dearly. Plaintop, not flashy but sounds outstanding. I've been playing since 1965, a long wait for a diehard single coil fan. Very happy with my LP
  12. P

Best way to buy a Mesa Boogie amp???

LSS is a great amp. I've had 5 over the last 20+ years. It's the amp I always go back to. First one I bought at GC, $1800. Since then, Craigslist and the TGP amp forum have been my source. I've paid $850-1000. Traded and Allen Accomplice for my current one. IMO, no speaker swap is...
  13. P

Looking for a Fender blackface. Go vintage or new?

I have had several BFDR, DRRI or some type of clone over the years. Tried many just to experience the sound. Played them all live and in the house extensively. Here's my list of my favorites with some specific things I remembered about each. Tone King Meteor several small ports in the baffle...
  14. P

Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

I just ended a 3 year non buy period. I have my "Core Four" Strat, Tele, Dot and LP that have all become my #1's. But I left my nicely upgraded Epi Dot at my house in Florida when I came back to NJ for the summer and I missed the Dot feel and playabilility. I found a blonde, upgraded Epi Dot...
  15. P

Sold Schaller strap locks

message sent
  16. P

School me about Peaveys

Peavey Classic 30 with a well broken in stock DRRI Jensen. Lots of compliments on the tone, plenty loud and about $300-350 used all day long
  17. P

Mark Farner's tone and technique

My band does "Bad Time" It's a fun song to do, crowd likes it and our singer really sells the song
  18. P

Have You Ever Had Someone Else Play Through Your Rig...

Jersey Shore cover band "Holme" played a fundraiser at my place and I supplied a Dr Z Maz 38 and an Allen Accomplice for the guitars. Local guitar pro Marc Ribler played through the Z and I stood right behind the stage to get a lesson in what the amp could do in the hands of a pro. A real eye...
  19. P

Deluxe Reverb Vs. Twin Reverb?

I agree with Mayhem13 150%. Mesa LSS, the best of both worlds. After lots of amps, stocks, RI's, boutiques and clones, the LSS does the Fender BF thing, has a great OD channel and plenty of tone options. I chased the BFDR sound for years. Allens, Carrs, Kochs, Tone Kings, Z's, Fargens, TRRI's...
  20. P

Blues jr mods for home use?

save your money on modding a BJ. It's a cheap, reliable starter amp that sounds fine. Look at moving up the amp ladder instead. C30, DRRI
  21. P

Fargen Blackbird 30 Reverb stopped working

I moved the amp at practice and got springs shaking. My bad. Reverb stopped. The cables to the pan are connected and solid. What should I look at? Bad tube? Loose spring in the pan? thanks ( love this amp BTW)
  22. P

Do you ever feel like you're playing the same material over and over again?

Layla, Margaritaville, Redneck Mother, Brown Eyed Girl and insert any classic rock tune. If they knew how good the songs were going to be when they were writing them and they would have to play them every show for the rest of their lives, maybe they wouldn't have written them so good. But twice...
  23. P

Do you ever feel like you're playing the same material over and over again?

I love the NJ and FL bands and players I have been with for years. Even though it's all covers, I need new covers to cover to avoid the repetition of the same set lists.
  24. P

Blues Jr IV vs III

A cabinet construction snob here. Particle board is a deal killer for me. The cab doesn't have to be 7 ply Baltic birch, plywood or pine are fine. If Fender made the amp just an inch or two deeper, it would create a much richer sound. I've had BJ's over the years and the amps are useful and...
  25. P

Do you keep extra speakers?

I like changing speakers in my amps. I never know when the urge is going to hit, but having speakers I'm familiar with takes the guessing out of the equation. My amps are pretty standard, Peavey Classic 30, Mesa LSS, Fargen Blackbird 30, DRRI and a Mustang III. rotating speakers includeWeber...

Trending Topics