Search results

1. E

Best year for a Princeton blackface?

Where are you getting the Reverberocket being 24w info from? I've got a '65 and even with an Emi CRex in it, it's nowhere near that loud. I'd say 18w tops even with the 7591As in it.
  2. E

Is the answer always Princeton?

If you're wanting to go vintage and you want something bigger than a Champ but maybe not as big as 25-30w amp, the best amps I've found that have reverb and tremolo that crush the BF Fenders are the early-mid '60s Ampeg Reverberockets and Gibson Falcons. I also have a '64 6G2 Princeton but IMO...
  3. E

Ry Cooder's 3 Delay Pedal setup - stacking delays

Yeah I can't imagine it would be. Cool that he's willing to do them though! What would you say it brings to the table aside from the level matching capability when switching guitars?
  4. E

Ry Cooder's 3 Delay Pedal setup - stacking delays

Beautiful playing! So did you make your Green Man yourself or is somebody producing these now? Did some quick googling but came up empty other than the bit about Danny McKinney from Standel making Ry's unit.
  5. E

Let's talk Joe Walsh

I met him once at a charity gig. He was so friendly, no rockstar vibe whatsoever, and was totally into talking about gear as be used to build a lot of his own stuff. There's a reason why The James Gang got the call supporting all the major acts and I think it's because all of those guys -...
  6. E

Tape Echoes

Actually, if you bothered to read the article you posted - it says basically the same thing. lol
  7. E

Tape Echoes

Old wives tale. It's Union Carbide oil that is still plenty available and not a PCB to be found.
  8. E

73 Les Paul deluxe quandary......

If it was Wine Red (the only other red they offered), you'd see the top underneath as it was a transparent finish.
  9. E

BTW - three blue sparkle Deluxes on Reverb right now listed between $5500 and $9000. They were the most common color.
  10. E

Oh well than clearly it's only worth $5.00... lol Most every '70s Deluxe I've come across have reflector knobs on them.
  11. E

Red sparkle top is extremely rare color - if you get that thing for $2500, you're stealing it. IIRC, these were 'Bicentennial' models - made in '75/'76 - they did red, blue, and silver sparkle tops. So I doubt it's a '73 - Gibson's S/N system was pretty unruly.
  12. E

You do understand that they are not all built in that way, right? And that even the ones that are can be amazing sounding and playing guitars? Buying any guitar as an ‘investment’ is pretty lame, IMO.
  13. E

Do mini hums usually sound like this?

Please explain yourself. Mine has a one-piece Honduran Mahogany back, and a very nice rosewood fingerboard. Stays in tune perfectly, and most importantly - sounds fantastic.
  14. E

Ok Mr. Gruhn. You know how much of your favorite music was created on these guitars?
  15. E

1978 - 9.5lbs of pure Norlin kickass.
  16. E

Clownbursts rule, sparkles drool:
  17. E

Sounds like a proper Deluxe to me.
  18. E

Tape Echoes

My '71 is a weirdo too - brown deck instead of the black or plain aluminum:
  19. E

1975 Les Paul Deluxe POT question

https://www.fralinpickups.com/2020/03/01/50s-wiring-vs-modern-wiring/ https://ashbass.com/AshBassGuitar/index.html?Gibson50s.html
  20. E

1975 Les Paul Deluxe POT question

Just do the '50s mod - it's literally moving a wire from one lug to another. Keep those pots! They're amazing with these pickups when you've done the mod.
  21. E

Lumpy's Lemon Drop love thread

Is the Z II the same pedal? If so, it's cool and gets those sounds you describe - but I prefer my MidFi Electronics Demo Tape Fuzz for those sounds as I can add a little more beef if I need it.
  22. E

Any fans of vintage drums in here?

You're welcome: https://www.instagram.com/revival_drum_shop/?hl=en
  23. E

Tape Echoes

Echorecs are amazing machines but holy balls are they a nightmare to service/repair. The original wires have plastic sleeves that degrade into powder leaving exposed bare wire, the magnetic recording wire spooled around the spinning disc is as thin as a human hair and is planed flat on the...
  24. E

NAD: 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb

I'd love to see detailed pics of that amp.

Trending Topics