2. Chrome Dinette

Charvel 'Satchel' guitar -played one??

I thought Satriani endorsed Ibanez?
  3. Chrome Dinette

ELP, The Barbarian (cover)

Is this an ELP cover or a Bartok cover?
  4. Chrome Dinette

New SALEN (Strat-Tele-Strand) Strandberg Model

Toone has built a few things that look cool, but I am not convinced he really has any eye for design at all. That pic isn't helping his case. I have three headless guitars and have owned others. I like them. Is there any benefit to making the above item a headless guitar? It probably...
  5. Chrome Dinette

First heavy metal song ever?

While Revolution may be on the continuum with other precursors, Helter Skelter is rhythmically and vocally closer to what would come to be accepted as metal, IMO. Ditto for the riffs.
  6. Chrome Dinette

Even though it would never be mistaken for heavy metal, I think Paperback Writer could be seen as a precursor to some types of metal riffing. I say this as someone who is loathe to give the Beatles too much credit for anything.
  7. Chrome Dinette

ha, duly noted
  8. Chrome Dinette

Quincy Jones GQ interview

his interview years ago on Fresh Air was also good and prompted me to read his autobiography https://www.npr.org/2013/05/27/186052477/quincy-jones-the-man-behind-the-music
  9. Chrome Dinette

birth of the chug, 3:27 (video cued to that point)
  10. Chrome Dinette

Your top 5 PUNK albums?

It would never occur to me to call them punk bands and I don't know if they would call themselves that, but I like both a lot.
  11. Chrome Dinette

The Edge stole the solo for "The fly?"

I'm not a fan of U2, but I am not an Edge hater either. I think it's very unlikely he sat down and learned someone else's solo, though. He doesn't seem like the transcribing type, either in temperament or ability.
  12. Chrome Dinette

Why do I need a Performance License to put a cover song on Bandcamp?

Um, licensing is not out of control. It’s actually a pretty simple matter and I think the OP is just a bit confused. If you don’t want to be paid for your work, fine, but how dare you propose to speak for anyone else.
  13. Chrome Dinette

Your favorite 70's Queen album?

I voted SHA, but could have easily voted II.
  14. Chrome Dinette

Are you sure you didn't get exactly what you needed from HFA? It's been a while since I posted a cover, but BC gave me no trouble with the licenses I got from HFA.
  15. Chrome Dinette

Oh, just remembered, the other place online you can obtain licenses for things is Loudr, I think.
  16. Chrome Dinette

Go to the Harry Fox Agency website and see if the song you want to cover is listed there. It probably is. There is another licensing outfit whose name I can't remember right now, that also does this kind of thing. Any time I have posted a cover on BC, I have successfully obtained all...
  17. Chrome Dinette

No Wave Guitar Sounds

Where is Tsar Nicholas these days?
  18. Chrome Dinette

No Wave Guitar Sounds

WTH, one out of two ain't bad.
  19. Chrome Dinette

No Wave Guitar Sounds

Welcome to the island of dead youtube links.
  20. Chrome Dinette

No Wave Guitar Sounds

My band played with the current LL group last summer. They were on point.
  21. Chrome Dinette

Congress, It's Time to Pay Musicians. NYTIMES Op-ED

The contentiousness of this debate here is for the same reason as in the world at large. Most (but certainly not all)members here JUST AREN'T THAT INTO MUSIC , whether or not they want to admit it. They sort of are and like the trappings of it, but most don't care any more than the general...
  22. Chrome Dinette

Dual Gig Bag Other Than Mono

Who knows, I'm not complaining, but I'm glad I didn't bite the bullet and buy something else. Maybe my case was on the outside edge of what they would normally honor, but I basically kept the email exchange going, refusing to give consent to close out my claim.

Trending Topics