Search results

1. AlChuck

Do you keep a backup amp?

My main amp is a clone of a mid-sixties Vibrolux. When I play gigs I always carry my ZT Lunchbox along in case the Vibrolux craps out. I also have a Tech21 Trademark 60 which I can use if the Vibrolux happened to be in the shop.
  2. AlChuck

Live looping — multiple undos?

I also found a longer video from a performance he did at the RTL Jazz Festival, posted in summer 2013, and it looks like he was using a Digitech JamMan. But again, no observable undos... perhaps I only imagined he was doing that...
  3. AlChuck

I found that Richard Bona has a video on the Roland/BOSS YouTube page dating from 2014 where he demonstrates and talks about the BOSS RC-30. But he doesn't undo anything, he just layers up...
  4. AlChuck

Thanks for the replies, Elantric and plexified!
  5. AlChuck

I've recently started experimenting with looping, which has intrigued me ever since the days of Frippertronics — after seeing a live demo/concert by Robert Fripp at San Francisco State University back in the early eighties, and again after seeing Richard Bona perform a solo looping piece while...
  6. AlChuck

Band demos

Thanks, bainmack!
  7. AlChuck

Band demos

The band I'm playing guitar in recorded some demos late last summer, I mixed 'em and put them up on SoundCloud. The numbers are "Black Cow" by Steely Dan "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got)" by the Four Tops "Takin' It to the Streets" by the Doobie Brothers "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis...
  8. AlChuck

Looking for suggestions on simple pieces to play

At work we have a weekly Thursday late afternoon "happy hour" at which I have every once in a great while played some guitar, either solo or with some backing tracks, and once with a tabla player. Recently one of our newer employees asked if maybe I'd like to do a duet with her on piano. I said...
  9. AlChuck

For those of you who use windows to record, what DAW and machine do you use?

A custom Windows 10 PC, 64 bit, with SONAR Platinum and a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6.
  10. AlChuck

All Blues

I recorded this today over a pre-recorded backing track (from Bobby's Backing Tracks): "All Blues"
  11. AlChuck

Silent Guitar Recording - Help Please!

+1 on S-Gear
  12. AlChuck

Focusrite Claret, Scarlet or Ensemble???

I just swapped out my Echo Audio Layla 3G, which wasn't behaving well under Windows 10, with a Scarlett 6i6. So far it's worked great, except that I have not been able to get a decent signal from my Line 6 POD HD in the S/PDIF input (using SONAR Platinum). Update 2/13 – I tried the S/PDIF again...
  13. AlChuck

Do Buzz Feiten Guitars come equipped with the Feiten Tuning System?

Thanks for chiming in, Joe. Interestingly, yesterday I stumbled on a review that mentioned this issue – Guitar Aficionado's November 2013 review of the Signature Elite Pro model. Here's what it said: "Interestingly, one feature you won’t find on the Signature Elite—or any Feiten guitar, for...
  14. AlChuck

Do Buzz Feiten Guitars come equipped with the Feiten Tuning System?

It doesn't seem to be mentioned as being featured in the descriptions of the guitar models on the http://www.buzzfeitenguitars.com/ website , and I've done a little Googling but haven't found anyone asking or answering this question so far. Does anyone know?
  15. AlChuck

I've been listening to 20th century composers this AM(aka modern classical).

George Crumb I saw this piece performed by a quartet I believe was called the Concord String Quartet back in '72 or '73 at S.U.N.Y. New Paltz: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6BeeoX474
  16. AlChuck

Favorite Jazz trio albums?

This is not a trio recording. There's a pianist in the group: Pat Martino – Guitar Ron Thomas – Electric Piano Tyrone Brown – Electric Bass Sherman Ferguson – Drums It's great one for sure, but not a trio. Martino has done some trio ones... The Return... Live at Yoshi's with Joey...
  17. AlChuck

Robben Ford Interview 12/12/2012

It's true. Due to be released on February 18th, last I heard: http://www.mascotlabelgroup.com/robbenfordUS.html
  18. AlChuck

The Guitar Player Book from 1979--anyone remember?

I've got that original book lurking somewhere. I enjoyed it. If I remember it was starting to fall apart - pages falling out.
  19. AlChuck

anyone at the MAHAVISHNU concert in CENTRAL PARK

Wow, I never knew this had been released! How did I miss that? http://www.amazon.com/Bonus-Disc-Unreleased-Nothingness-Eternity/dp/B007MXMDDU/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1357597288&sr=1-2&keywords=between+nothingness+and+eternity (I was, by the way, at that show. I don't have specific...
  20. AlChuck

Michael McDonald** Too High?

I believe it is Carlton. The members of Fourplay were listed as guest artists on this CD, and Carlton was a member of Fourplay from the mid-nineties until 2010 (Motown was from 2003).
  21. AlChuck

Who played the guitar solo on "You're So Vain?"

Not that I was ever aware of. And there's no mention of it in the Wikipedia article about him.
  22. AlChuck

The Rutles

One of the wonderful things about this documentary is how remarkably spot-on Halsall's mimicry of George Harrison's guitar playing was. The way he nailed the nuances of the guitar sounds as the evolved over the different eras of the Beatles' music is fantastic. And then of course there's the...
  23. AlChuck

Robben Ford, jazzier side

"Oleo!" Great hearing Robben play rhythm changes...
  24. AlChuck

three chord (CAGED) wonders

Obviously HendrixVibrato was talking about a chord shape being moved, not chord inversions....
  25. AlChuck

Scott Henderson delivers..........

Self-depreciating, aren't we all? ;-) - at least after we get out of our twenties... I think you meant self-deprecating... :-)