Search results

1. Stu Blue

Tech experts: Is Boss lying to us about amp watts?

Tech experts only please ..... Boss fans boys not wanted here. Boss claim the Wazza amp is 150watts but it only consumes 110watts. Likewise the Katana 100 is supposed to output 100watts but only consumes 72 watts. Is that possible with class D or whatever? My Marshall JTM45 consumes 160watts...
  2. Stu Blue

Live and Drunk in Charge of a Stratocaster (Peter Green minor blues)

My sister (the redhead in white, still wild at 65) insisted that I do a set with the house band at her wedding last year... but the bar had been open for a least 10 hours and I'd had to be up at 6am to get to the Island. (London to Cowes, Isle of Wight). So at least a pint of champagne and...
  3. Stu Blue

Science says Guitarists Brains are Different

http://www.policymic.com/articles/88357/science-shows-how-guitar-players-brains-are-actually-different-from-everybody-elses?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=main&utm_campaign=social (Excerpt) By Jordan Taylor Sloan April 29, 2014...
  4. Stu Blue

New Tube Company? (Northern Electric)

Any one know anything about these new kids on the tube block? http://thetubestore.com/northern-electric.html I love the bit about "ferrari" of tube manufacturing..... Quote from Northern Electric: We are now re-introducing this classic brand and bringing to you the highest quality tubes...
  5. Stu Blue

The Unofficial THD Flexi, Univalve and Bivalve Thread.

Univalve.net , the unofficial home for THD fans and owners seems to have died, which is a great shame since they were an unusually helpful, friendly, and civilized lot on that forum. So i'm starting this thread for those of them that pop in here too. I myself run a Bivalve, which is a class A...
  6. Stu Blue

No. You're not A Voodoo Chile

The 40th anniversary of Jimi's death is coming real soon, could I persuade cover bands and blues jammers to change the lyrics of Voodoo Chile to "He was.... etc" ie put it into the third person as a tribute to the guy rather than the first person pretence that anyone out there is remotely a real...
  7. Stu Blue

45 Year Old Mullard GZ34 better than New...

Bought myself a new rectifier valve for my old '65 Marshall JTM45 from Watford valves... Harma (actually Sovtec) GZ34STR. Checking the result with my Compu-Bias I got the following figures Phillips JAN 6l6wa/5881s Sovtec/Harma Vp 442 Ik 31 Watts (per valve)13.7 Mullard Vp 446...
  8. Stu Blue

Live Gig Video Jam. Me with seriously good/name player

Someone on this forum sentenced me to a lifetime of blues jams. Actually no great hardship since on mondays at the Elm Tree, Surbition (London, England) you get to play with folks who've toured with Clapton, Buddy Whittington etc. This is me struggling to keep up with Paul Rose who is a past...
  9. Stu Blue

Celestion Century Neo 80 Mystery

Here in the UK suddenly the Century Neo 80 is no longer available and not listed on the Celestion site. It was £70 here (about $100us). The fact that it's now advertised in the States at $285 might just have something to do with it. The unpopular Vintage Century Neo 60 watt is still available...
  10. Stu Blue

TechTube to Start Manufacture of Tubes at Old Mullard Plant! PART 2

We passed the 1000 posts limit just as things were getting interesting so here's part 2. Now folks are actually trying these new valves in their amps.... my 2cents is they major in high gain clarity ie the gain would have to be way up at wild uncontrollable feedback before the real musical notes...
  11. Stu Blue

Blocking 8Hz from Output Valves

To all the TGP experts, thanks for your contributions/expert views on the threads I've read. It must try your tempers that so many ignorant idiots feel obliged to be rude to the TGP experts. My question is about blocking frequencies around 8Hz from the output valves. I got this from several...