Search results

1. blueprint

Signature Guitars - Story, Post yours

In the early 90' I ordered a Jem FP, because I liked Vai and the way this particular model looked. After a looong wait, it came in the shop along with a whole bunch of other guitars. When I finaly put my hands on it, I was really disapointed as it was bad intonated, setted, etc. Then I tried...
  2. blueprint

Short scale bass for a guitar player ?

I'm a guitar player, not very tall, and I have some difficulties to play the jazz bass I have at home due to it's looong neck. Do you think a short scale bass would be a good idea ? I mean, does these instruments can sounds like a normal bass in a mix ? Which model or brand to look at ? Thanks
  3. blueprint

GIGGING GUITARISTS- Are you still using an amp?

Everyone is direct, drums included. This way we have a complete control of the overall volume. I use a fm3 myself.
  4. blueprint

Love the tele tone, not the guitar. Alternative?

Thanks for pointing me at this. I just didn't know it was existing!
  5. blueprint

The headstock I don't care, I love thin necks, so the neck by itself is not a problem in many cases, the body shape I'm not comfortable with. I'm much more a strat type player.
  6. blueprint

I love the telecaster sound, but not so much the guitar by itself. What is the most important element of the tone ? Pickups, size, body shape, wood... ? And then, what would be a good other choice ?
  7. blueprint

Are any other guitarists as significant as Jimi and EVH?

Ritchie Blackmore for sure
  8. blueprint

Kemper Users: Need pedal recommendations (OD-Chorus-Reverb-Delay)

I have a kemper rack, and I use a lexicon pcm 80 in the loop for reverb chorus and delay. Best of both words !
  9. blueprint

Latest Tim Pierce Vid

Always humble, smiling, killer player. Love him !
  10. blueprint

Which pedal by what company are you wishing would happen?

A kemper unit which profiles pedals !
  11. blueprint

Les Paul Classic Custom | One of the cooler LP's I've come across

I have one. Excellent guitar, even if I've changed the pickups...
  12. blueprint

What would be the modern rockman ?

Small format, light, portable, headphone tool with tone and attitude ?
  13. blueprint

Annoying overtones from Strat

Try to dampen strings above the nut, just put a cloth under them, do the same with the trem springs and see (hear) what happens.
  14. blueprint

Les Paul wiring question

Thanks for that ! I was aware of the possibility to use push/pull knobs, but my question was more about a whole circuit replacement with this wiring, period,
  15. blueprint

What's your favorite discontinued guitar?

Music Man EVH signature.
  16. blueprint

Les Paul wiring question

OK, let 's say I have a Les Paul, two humbuckers with four wires. Is there a wiring kit with these possibilities : Rythm = neck humbucker Middle = both pickups split, so two singles Lead = bridge humbucker Not something too exotic or silly, but I haven' t found it yet...
  17. blueprint

Kemper profile makers?

Bert Meulendijk. Great profiles, works with both single coils and humbuckers !
  18. blueprint

Kemper and PCM advice

I've finaly bought a very nice PCM80 for 350€ in Belgium. No memory card though, and finding one at a good price is difficult even here (I'm in France)!
  19. blueprint

Buying vintage digital gear :what to check /ask ?

I'm pretty new in this domain, and planning to build a rack. So, every advice is welcome ! :)
  20. blueprint

Kemper and PCM advice

Hi all, I play guitar in a pop rock cover band, using a kemper direct into foth. I'm really happy with the kemper, and I've gone deep into it, but I still miss some of the 80's tones, such as deep chorus/dimension D, Landau tones and some kind of reverbs/delays too. So, I think to pair it with a...
  21. blueprint

Heroes: Digitech Freqout or Ebow ?

In order to play this great Bowie song, is the freqout an option ? I know it's played with an ebow on stage, but the freqout is tempting as it can do other things the ebow don't.
  22. blueprint

Human hair under neck finish

Who knows ?