Search results

1. guitarman_nebr

Stacking a full range speaker on a subwoofer...your opinions?

Okay, I have a situation coming up that won't allow me to put speakers on poles above the subwoofers. I will have to stack the speaker on the sub directly. Do I just put the speaker on there or do I use some isolation foam to separate the cabs? These are powered subs and powered speakers...
  2. guitarman_nebr

1998 Fender Deluxe Players Super Strat.....pickup issues.

Hey all, I just took a 98 Fender Deluxe Players Super Strat in on a trade. It is not the one with noiseless pickups but rather with hot wound pickups. The bridge pickup seems to be good but the middle and neck pickups are dark sounding....little high end. The two and four positions don't...
  3. guitarman_nebr

Low to Mid gain modeler recommendation...

I am a minimalist when it comes to guitar. My typical signal is guitar>compressor>amp>delay>reverb>cabinet. I play Jazz, Country, Rockabilly, and Classic Rock.....I dabble in 80's and 90's Hard Rock at times. I play Telecasters, and PRS with pickups in the 9K range. I own an Atomic Amplifire...
  4. guitarman_nebr

Revive 70's-80's Music Man tuning machines?

I was going through my guitar closet and I pulled out an old Tele style Peavey guitar with sealed MusicMan tuners. They are sealed 70's fender style tuners with two diagonal screws. The guitar is in great shape and sounds great! However the tuners have been sitting and feel a little funky...
  5. guitarman_nebr

Headrush Gigboard...talk me into or out of.

I gigged the Headrush pedalboard for a year of so. I really liked the unit but is was HUGE!! I am a hands on button turning, tone tweaking player and I don't really care for using the computer interface to do it. I like to make changes at gigs and on the fly....the Headrush allowed for that...
  6. guitarman_nebr

Focusrite to Reaper issue

Last night Reaper updated. Must have been a good one because it changed my "saved" settings. Anyway, when I put Bias FX 2 back in the VST list i noticed the Focusrite 2I2 interface was now WAY too hot in the input of Reaper. However when I dial the interface down so it doesn't overload the...
  7. guitarman_nebr

Atomic Amplifire into Focusrite 2i2

I plug my guitar directly into the focusrite and use Bias FX 2.....it records great. The Amplifire feels better to play but when I plug it into the Focusrite it buzzes very loudly like there is a major ground issue. I have tried changing levels, plugging into different outlets, using the same...
  8. guitarman_nebr

Reaper is a pretty good software!

I recently put my studio together and decided to try Reaper. Now, it is just me and I play all of the instruments and do all of the vocals. I find this is a great fit for me. I am not creating beats or sampling....just old school track by track, punch in and punch out stuff. I find...
  9. guitarman_nebr

So, switches and pots do make a difference...

I keep an guitar or two around when I find them affordably to mess with....well now I am working from home and have the time. My first guitar is a "les paul" guitar (Dean Zelinsky Strettavita) that has an amazing build quality but subpar parts. I decided to change out the wiring, switch, and...
  10. guitarman_nebr

Because there is not a result online...G&B pickup wiring

Okay, so quite a few guitars come stock with G&B pickups. I did a lot of research online and couldn't get confirmed info on the color code for these. Dean Zelinsky (of Dean Zelinsky guitars and Dean guitars) was good enough to send me a wiring diagram for my Strettavita. Green and Bare...
  11. guitarman_nebr

HX Stomp connection to the mixer...question

Maybe this has been covered. I usually run 1/4" output to 1/4" input in at my mixer...no problem. I have a gig coming up where I am going to need a bit longer run to the snake and would like to use an XLR connection. I see that Line 6 says you can use a 1/4" TRS to XLR male cable. Is this...
  12. guitarman_nebr

I refused to buy a guitar because he was "thinning the herd"

I don't know why this phrase bothers me like that. It was a decent deal, but I can't take the cliché BS any more!! Also, can we please take away the Fair - Mint rating system? Just take decent pictures and if someone asks for better pics or descriptions. Is it really taking away from your...
  13. guitarman_nebr

Behringer X18...What Android Tablet?

I recently acquired both the X18 and XR12 mixers. I am not an Apple user....rather I prefer Android and want to use a tablet. I am curious how much tablet I need to utilize these units. Is 1gb RAM and 16gb hard drive enough? What are you using? Also, is the WIFI stable or is there a...
  14. guitarman_nebr

HX Stomp for Acoustic/Electric guitar...I am impressed!

Okay, so I bought and received an HX Stomp. I also own the Headrush Pedalboard and the Atomic AmpliFIRE 12. I play in a band but also in an acoustic duo. The acoustic gig is where I have been on my search for better sound. The Headrush and the Atomic are great for electric guitar...
  15. guitarman_nebr

An unusual modeller question...acoustic settings?

Okay, I own the Headrush pedalboard and the Atomic Amplifire 12. The are both amazing pedals and with electric guitars they are getting heavy use and praise. The Headrush is too big and the Atomic doesn't sounds that good with acoustic guitar. So, I went looking and found the Line 6 HX Stomp...
  16. guitarman_nebr

Dear Atomic Amps....my wishlist

I love my Atomic Amplifire 12 and have been onboard since they came out. The amps are great, the unit plays well with IR's, and the effects are just fine. I haven't heard from Atomic in a while and am a little concerned about that. It seems the other companies are constantly putting out...
  17. guitarman_nebr

Headrush with an Acoustic/Electric...first live gig.

So I have been playing an acoustic duo for a few years. I have been using the LR Baggs Venue and the Tech 21 Acoustic Flyrig as my DI sources. Last week I worked with my Headrush and came up with two sounds that are outstanding. Saturday I used the Headrush for the whole show and I was...
  18. guitarman_nebr

ESP customer service...a big thumbs up!!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU!! to ESP guitars for their customer service. I sent an email to them on Saturday 7/6/2019 about a few specs on a guitar I have. They don't have a parts store so I wanted to be sure I was looking at the right parts. On Monday they replied, supplied the...
  19. guitarman_nebr

Tone pot/Volume pot fun

So recently I bought a couple new guitars. I gig 70 gigs a year and take all of my toys out at some time or another. Last night I took out my Gibson Faded with 490's. A cool guitar but the pickups are a bit too "harsh" in the upper end. I am normally a PRS guy and ride the volume knob like...
  20. guitarman_nebr

Microphone for live vocals

Okay, I am a baritone to tenor singer. Average volume on my voice. I have been using Sennheiser E835's for years. They are good mics but I wonder if there is anything out there that would sound better for me. I am thinking a bit more output, better punch with a cleaner high end. I have had...
  21. guitarman_nebr

Headrush Pedalboard Customer Service

Okay, so I had a switch come apart on my Headrush Pedalboard I bought in June. I have been gigging it every week since with ZERO issues. I contacted Headrush on their Facebook page. I offered to repair the switch myself if they would sell me a new one. They immediately sent me an RMA...
  22. guitarman_nebr

Headrush Pedalboard.....first gig impressions

Well, I played my first gig with the Headrush last night. I've been using the Amplifire 12 the last couple months but have a few small "issues" so I converted. The Headrush was pretty damn amazing in a live setting. The Bogner and Celestion IR's really come to life in a live band setting. I...
  23. guitarman_nebr

What is my problem with LIne 6?

Since they have started selling to the public I have owned a piece of Line 6 gear. I have owned the Pod, Pod XT, HD300, HD500, Variax, Spider Valve, Spider V, and recently Helix LT. I try to like this stuff, but it just doesn't work for me. Every piece feels stiff and sterile. In my Pod...
  24. guitarman_nebr

New Mixer Opinions.....What do you think?

Hey all, I am in the Deep South and play outside a lot. 60-70 gigs a year in the heat and humidity. I have been buying a Mackie or Behringer analog mixer every year...they last 3/4 of the season and start to fail. Channels fail, left or right side cuts out, etc. Mind you, I have been...
  25. guitarman_nebr

Amplifire 12....a fair review

Hey all, Two months ago I decided to buy an Atomic Amplifire 12. I had been using Fender Mustang III Floor units direct. I had also tried Line 6 from the original Pod Pro to the current Helix LT. I am a player of 40 years and have a few great tube amps and an impressive pedal board...I am...