Search results

1. N

Maybe I'm an idiot...

I have a stereo USB mic from http://www.soundprofessionals.com . It's a Griffin Technology iMic USB audio interface modded to have two Audio-Technica mics attached w/ goosenecks. Great for acoustic or room recording with Garage Band or Audacity. There is a little latency, though, from the USB...
  2. N

500 bucks, good effects, drum, CD writer... what to buy?

So, it needs to have a drum machine, CD-burner and effects? Maybe an old iBook with GarageBand and iTunes. I don't know of any standalone units that do all of that... (Boss Micro-BR can do those things minus the CD burning, but it saves them to memory and you can transfer it to a computer with...
  3. N

Home studio Computer desk?

There were a few desks that came in way under your price ceiling...
  4. N

Home studio Computer desk?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-5202426-2037611?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=desk&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go
  5. N

Apple blows- whats the best comp for the money?

Death? Darth? D@#$? Darts? Disco? Dill? Diving-board? Divinity? Dimwits? Dimples? Dwarfs? (sp? Dwarves?) Deltoids? Drainpipes? Dentistry? Draconium? Dixie Dregs? Dogs? Dingos? Donuts? Diabelli? (composer) Diaphragms? Diaphragms? (the "other" ones) Dysentery? Disease? Da Bears?
  6. N

I'm just trying to figure out what YCFD means.... so please don't take my suggestions for the answer as being directed at you... I thought this post was finished a while ago... then the puzzling puzzler...
  7. N

You Can't Fight Douchebags?
  8. N

You Can F@#! Donuts? You Can't Fight Dumb@sses?
  9. N

You Can't F@#$ing Deal? Y'all's Corned Feed Deteriorate? Your'e Computer-Freaking Daft? You Can't Fight Dumb?
  10. N

Time for the Feds to step in

an mp3 at 320 doesn't have those problems, does it? like I said before, I used to use max. quality AACs and now use Apple Lossless. My car radio (and A/C) died months and months ago. Sucks! But, last week, the entire car died... hopefully I will drive home later tonight in a new Scion xB...
  11. N

Possible switch, PC to Mac

I think it's pretty clean. I suppose one of the advantages of using an interface is that it is outside of the computer and not prone to electric interference from other components inside the computer- but I haven't noticed anything like this on the MacBook at work or my PowerBook at home...
  12. N

Time for the Feds to step in

I hate the sound of super-bass heavy EQing found in most cars and stereos. Even in live concerts, why is the bass SOOOO loud as often as it is? Ridiculous. I want to hear the bass guitar, sure, but nobody else in the band is creating a sound that overpowering. The car I can understand, as...
  13. N

There are some online sites that sell the same matched RAM for Apple computers for a better price. It's not skimping, it's eliminating a markup.
  14. N

http://www.macworld.com/forums/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?Cat=
  15. N

Yeah, I just downloaded the file and it automatically downloaded a powertab plugin/viewer when I opened it. It was actually a lesson I found the link to on this site...
  16. N

I don't see how web browsers and other software would affect recording software on a mac (no spyware as of yet) if you're not running the browser (no ram), unless maybe you were really short on vram (probably not the case on a mac put together for recording)... Just don't run them at the same...
  17. N

First question: Most likely not necessary unless you really want to record in windows over mac. I'm pretty sure you have to run mac as at least one of them, you have the option to add windows... Are you saying you want two Mac OS at the same time? If you had a great OS install for recording...
  18. N

I downloaded some powertab and it opened up just fine for me on my Mac. Did you try it? It does say PC only, but it worked great for playback and viewing.
  19. N

I've been really happy with Mac for the most part since I switched a few years ago. Going back to Windows is kind of clunky and frustrating when you have to after you've crossed over...
  20. N

Though it was a side benefit to get the people who *wanted* macs but had an app or two for their work that only ran in windows... now they have that margin running macs and buying their computers, software and peripherals.
  21. N

True, my iPod only has CD-quality AACs and Apple Lossless files. The biggest factor in choosing an MP3 player for *ME* is iTunes. If I can't use iTunes, I don't want it. That leaves the iPod.
  22. N

I'll take a stab at this: Apple *shouldn't* offer OS X for any intel based platform because people would buy cheap & poorly made/designed computers to run it on that would run into problems and mar the whole "Apple experience." The way it is now, Apple can make sure that no sub-par designs...
  23. N

I see what you're saying, but can you really write off the business model as being less significant than the mechanical sense if it's the factor that is carrying the weight of the issue? Yes, they might be the same machine, but PC isn't *comparable* if Mac or Mac-specific software is a...
  24. N

This is only partly true, as Apple will most certainly hold onto the reigns for production, design and specs/price of the Mac machines.
  25. N

Oh, great, so you can run Logic and DP on a Windows machine? How about Mac OS? NOPE. Macs *can* run more software than windows PCs because they can run Mac programs. Windows PCs can't.