Search results

1. G

Schematic for a THD BiValve

That's fantastic guys. Thanks ever so much. I really appreciate it. I didn't realise Andy was still active on eBay. I'll remember that for future reference.
  2. G

Quick bump in case someone missed this then I'll give up!
  3. G

Hi folks. I have been trying to track down a schematic for my THD BiValve. It needs some work doing on it and the guy I take my amps to would like one. He is trying to find one too but I figured I'd try and help. Obviously, THD is no longer trading as it was and emails to the old THD email...
  4. G

Nice and simple clean boost

Sounds like a plan to me. I'm so out of the loop when I think TC I think G System not stomp boxes, let alone mini stomps.
  5. G

I used to have one actually. Sold it a long old while ago. They are a lot of £££ though. There's a mini one now I believe which is half the price. Any opinions on that would be good to know.
  6. G

Hi everyone. My Moollon signal boost died. I've had it for years. I use it to bring the output of my Strat up to the level of my Explorer so I can switch guitars quickly and easily. I have my pedals and amp set right for my Explorer (main guitar) and when I switch to my Strat I kick in the...
  7. G

Name the pedal that you do not use much, but will never sell.

Skreddy Mayo. I like it. I use it a bit. I wouldn't sell it because I couldn't get another one.
  8. G

Enough with the "What is the best [...] pedal" threads!

Of course it's subjective. We're all just offering our opinions on everything. You say 'blatantly subjective' like it's a problem. Would you prefer it to be more subtly subjective? I would be hard pushed to find a discussion on here that isn't subjective by its very nature. Way to welcome...
  9. G

Any pedals that have Wowed you recently?

Finally got a chance to try a Honey Bee. Man, what a pedal! Such a great stacker. I might be a decade behind the game but I made it eventually.
  10. G

Purple Plexi with a Strat?

I have a PP800 so it is a slightly different beast. I think it works great in a clean amp. And it cleans up really well. I have gigged it a load of times into various loud clean house amps (some SS, some valve) and it always sounds great. I can cover from almost clean to highish gain doing...
  11. G

Big Muffs?

I haven't been here in a while. TGP never changes though. The P-1 is a damn near £600 / $730 pedal. Of course it is the best. Edit: I forgot to actually contribute. I have a Mayo which I love. I was lucky enough to pick it up years ago from Vintage and Rare Guitars in London straight off the...
  12. G

Truly Great Pedals No Longer In Production List.

Antelope FX Morning Dew EQ. I use it all the time. I have pretty much never turned it off in the years I have had it. I forget how long it has been but it must be getting on for 10 years. Also, I absolutely love my ToneFactor Nebula. It's a Phase 45 clone though so you can still get them right...
  13. G

Marshall in a Box

I have had a lot of success with both the Love Pedal PP800 and the FETTO. I have FETTO v11.1 I think. I have gigged both through a variety of house amps, both valve and solid state. Mostly loud-ass solid state monstrosities. I have had great results with both but I think the FETTO has it for me...
  14. G

Paul C 2016 Tim?

Haunting Mids, now there's a phrase I've not heard in a LONG time.
  15. G

favorite wah?

I've had a Budwah for about 10 years. Never looked any further. No idea what the newer ones are like though.
  16. G

Can someone tell me why the Klon Centaur is so much $$$?

Why not buy one and make your own mind up? They hold their value really well and you will be able to sell it for what you paid, I would have thought, if you don't like it. It's the only way to truly understand a piece of kit.
  17. G

Is there a drummer TGP?

HEY SCREW YOU BUDDY!!!
  18. G

Pedalboard left on for 21 hours: am I screwed?

Not screwed at all. I would be amazed if anything was damaged. 21 hours is not that long to leave stuff on for. I left my amp and pedals on for about 3 days between rehearsals once by mistake and all was AOK.
  19. G

What is your favorite stacked lead tone?

Yellow or red channel of high gain KOT or Roadhouse E into FETTO or EGDM. I quite like the Orange side of the BiComp at full volume into FETTO as well.
  20. G

Pedals you own, but can't bring yourself to sell.

Skreddy Mayo. I don't really even like it that much, that is, I don't get what all the fuss is about. Having said that, I know I can't get another if I decide I want it again. Korg multi fx thingy I bought when I first started playing. I don't like it but I have great memories of it. It...
  21. G

Electro-Acoustic Solos

Thanks man. I have a couple of pedals mentioned so I shall try it.
  22. G

Electro-Acoustic Solos

Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. There is some crossover but I figure this is the best place to start. I have just started playing in an acoustic covers duo. We have done a few gigs now It's going well. I play some solos and they get lost. How do you guys do this? How do...
  23. G

Is it just me or do Tube Screamers just sound dated?

Wow. I really don't hear Ride the Lightening tones from that Every Time I Die tune. Not similar to my ears. I also do not agree that a TS sounds dated. I don't really get where you are coming from. It's not like you can only do one thing with a TS - there are lots of things a TS does well...
  24. G

Why isn't someone cloning Cornish pedals?

I won't argue that status has nothing to do with it but I don't think the entire point is status. Surely they must sound pretty good too?? I have never played one but I have to believe there is more to it than just status. Surely??
  25. G

What Pedals Did You Ditch Instantly?

only ever ditched a Russian EHX Bass Balls quickly. Everything else I've had I have tried to get to work for me. I have failed many times and flipped stuff eventually but the Bass Balls was the only insta-flip.