Search results

1. Strat335

Marshall Origin 50 combo vs DSL40 combo opinions

In the same boat, trying to decide between the DSL40CR and Origin 50 head w/ 2 x 12. Hope we get some observations.
  2. Strat335

Pedal Board Power Supply

Thanks for all this info....it really helps. Haven't been on the page in years, nice to return.
  3. Strat335

What is your Favourite Modeling Amp?

I have a Katana 2 x 12. Killed the GAS. Ok, it didn't kill it, but I don't "need" anything else.
  4. Strat335

Share your modeled tones!

Just had to thank you for posting, really enjoyed your music this morning watching the sun come up.
  5. Strat335

List your gigging amps over the years

I played from 78 to 95 or so full time with Lab Series L5s or Roland JC120s. I used a Peavey Renown at one time, one band. Since then, one off gigs with a Mesa DC5, a Marshall combo but can't remember the model, a Spitfire clone made by Mike Yankee. Played at church for a while with a mic'ed...
  6. Strat335

Who is Your Youtube Guitar Guru?

Marshall Harrison and Darryl Gabbel.
  7. Strat335

So, what's the deal with the Katana?

So, how long have you owned a Katana?
  8. Strat335

Favorite amp / cab purchase of 2017

I bought a Boss Katana 2 x 12 100 watt. Today is the first day I've been on TGP in a year since I got it. Been playing. Best amp I've had, better than the Mesa or Marshalls or Twins or Labs Series or Hot Rod Deluxe or Roland JC120s or ..more...I had. Really. lol For me it just is. I won't...
  9. Strat335

Merle Haggard's Dumble

Haven't read most of this but Hag played through two Bassmans a long time, and in his younger years, all he ever wanted to do really was play lead guitar in a working band, that was his goal before he got famous. He was a good guitar player, but of course the last couple of decades slipped...
  10. Strat335

(Any Genre or Era ) THE finest exponents of vocal harmonies you can think of ?

I didn't go through all 6 pages, but it has probably been mentioned that Alison Krause and Union Station are just about angelic sounding.
  11. Strat335

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

I want (the WET) with two 2 x 12s in stereo. Just as soon as I recover from Christmas!! lol
  12. Strat335

***NAD Wallace BKW45/100 (pics, sounds and vid included)***

Same here, and Brian builds such fine amps!! Is there anything better than the 45/100 circuit? Nah.
  13. Strat335

What budget gear has blown you away?

I had a beautiful Cort Matt Guitar Murphy signature electric for a while and it was a dang nice guitar. Wish I had kept it.
  14. Strat335

Flattering Rory Gallagher talk from Brian May

In the late 70s I went to see Rory at the Texas Opry House, I was 17 or 18, for some reason I was by myself. Some older fellow, long hair sitting right in front of me turned around and stared at me for a while with a smile on his face and he asked me if I had ever seen Rory. When I told him I...
  15. Strat335

torn does: New Sound City Master Lead 50 / half-stack w/Fane-Fryette 12's

Wow. Love the tone and really ..the playing is so original. I can't tell you how many times I have listened to the clip of you testing the Aether...sounds I had never heard. Ethereal.
  16. Strat335

BOSS KATANA 刀 amplifiers

That's what I was thinking. An amp a piece for my son and I, and when I gig play both for a little separation. A Landry someday, but I will own this amp. I appreciate this long thread.
  17. Strat335

Good cheap amp?

Fender Mustang 1 is the best amp I've seen for the money. And for a lot more money. I can get very good tone out of mine with both my electric and acoustic and it has been the best investment I ever made. 100.00 or so.
  18. Strat335

Just a recommendation for anyone wanting to hear a killer new album

Glenn Hughes' "RESONATE" is really great. Climbing in the charts, but even if it weren't. Man. I didn't care much for the first song "Heavy"...although it is growing on me. But from the second song to the end of it I was pretty much greatly impressed. Wow. Damn, it's great!!!
  19. Strat335

Cheap and dirty needed. Fender Mustang?

I've had a Mustang I for years and years and it always makes me happy to turn it on. I can't think of a better practice amp.
  20. Strat335

Glenn Hughes new solo album going to be great!!!

One of the songs on it...I've heard other cuts, can't wait!!
  21. Strat335

Guitar Idol 2016. My original song.

Whoo wee, very beautiful and killer playing!!
  22. Strat335

List all of your current amps...

An old Mustang I. I'll refrain from pics.
  23. Strat335

Another NAD

Holy smokes, Jim, great playing and the tonz is very nice in that amp!! My best bud Greg Koelling is always trying to blow my focus on amps (lol) and now thanks to you and him, I have another amp to consider. :)