Search results

1. gumtown

Boss VE-500

OK I caved in and have just brought the Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer. Let's see where it goes from here on... Roland GR-55 > midi > Boss SY-1000 > midi > VE-500 = world domination !!!! :Devil MMwwwaahahahahha !!
  2. gumtown

Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Pedal vs. TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects and Harmony Pedal

All 99 User patches are accessible by midi PC. There is a VE-500 facebook page with discussion on that.
  3. gumtown

Boss VE-500

Just from looking at the VE-500 specs, the effects and reverb should have more depth as it uses the same new 32 bit converters and processing as the GT-1000, where the VE-20 is rather old and based on the 24bit chip like the GT-100.
  4. gumtown

Boss VE-500

Here I am, thinking of getting the VE-500, currently have the Boss VE-5, looking for something more programmable and can be controller real-time via Midi. My main vocalist was previously using the TC Voice Live Play unit, but it wasn't co-operating for him, and then tried the Boss VE-5 and...
  5. gumtown

Boss VE-500 Vocal Performer Pedal vs. TC-Helicon VoiceLive Play Vocal Effects and Harmony Pedal

Have both the VoiceLive Play and a Boss VE-5 (not quite the VE-500) and I really do not like the VoiceLive at all, the VE-5 walks all over it, so I would think the VE-500 would be even better. The VoiceLive makes the vocals sound artificial and dead, the Boss VE-5 adds a lot of crisp sparkle or...
  6. gumtown

Boss ME-80 vs ME-70 feature comparison

I have just arrived here from a Google search on "ME80 vs ME70 feature comparison", initially deflated no one has answered your question :puh did you ever get an ME-80? if so, how does it compare to the ME-70?
  7. gumtown

New Boss MS3 pedal switcher

I modded my MOOG EXP1 pedal, the moog is originally a C.V. controller with a 250k ohm pot, I used these parts as they were on hand. It now works perfectly with my Roland/boss gear. The 50k is the main pedal sweep, and the 10k is the side trim adjustment.
  8. gumtown

I posted this as a tip on another site, but thought it might be of value to those that want to get the most out of their MS-3 using an EXP pedal. Another handy tip for an EXP pedal is to glue soft rubber pads under the toe and heel ends, normal EXP range does your regular control stuff, and a...
  9. gumtown

Do you have the most current firmware installed?
  10. gumtown

Cool !! Today I just discovered ESP32 (WiFi/Bluetooth/TCP/IP UDP stack) chip running Arduino firmware. Fun times ahead. :cool:
  11. gumtown

Why not the real McCoy ? The Boss FS7 is nearly the same price as those ones you are looking at, and is designed for the pedal. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/boss-fs-7-dual-footswitch https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FS7
  12. gumtown

Firmware version 1.03 is todays current state of the MS-3
  13. gumtown

Windows 7 is the minimum requirement for much new software these days. Soon Win 7 will be obsolete too. Windows Vista was officially terminated by Microsoft on 10th April 2017
  14. gumtown

How to get this synth sound on a bass guitar?

Boss SY-300 should be able to do that easily.