Search results

1. D

Weber Gray Wolf

Any users out there? The description sounds like it is very similar to a Badcat Celestion, but I am also confused if the modern high-gain references take this out of the vintage British ballpark. I am a big fan of the Blue Dog Ceramic, but looking for a bit more midrange emphasis as well.
  2. D

Physical Location of Choke on Chassis

Hello everyone, It seems standard practice for the choke (if applicable) to be installed between the power transformer and output transformer. Besides the ideal location for the physical leads themselves, is there any other reason that this is the most common placement? I'm working on a...
  3. D

Corrosion on new capacitor

I purchased several new capacitors and noticed one of the 16uF caps has what appears to be corrosion. Of course, I didn't notice this until after the return period has expired. I'm assuming this is an obvious question and that this is a bad capacitor that shouldn't be used. Can someone...
  4. D

Classictone Transformers for Ceriatone Muchle$$ Build?

Hi everyone. I am looking at different transformer options for a 15 watt Muchle$$ build. Has anyone had experience using Marshall 18 Watt Classictone transformers or the AC15 style transformers with these builds? As for output transformers, I seem to have read that the Matchless sound is...
  5. D

6.3v wire connectors?

Hi all, I have been looking for a specific part and have been unable to locate it. The part is the male/female 6.3v wire connectors as used by Morgan amps and others. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.
  6. D

Battery powererd PA? Need to play an outdoor wedding.

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting a acoustic amp/pa system that can run on battery power. I prefer XLR inputs and a few channels...plus a decent wattage. I have seen some on the market such as the Roland AC33 and Crate Limo, but they seem a little small to me. So far, the Carvin...
  7. D

Battery Powered Acoustic Amp/PA

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting a acoustic amp/pa system that can run on battery power. I prefer XLR inputs and a few channels...plus a decent wattage. I have seen some on the market such as the Roland AC33 and Crate Limo, but they seem a little small to me. So far, the Carvin...
  8. D

Morgan chassis size

Hello everyone, Just wondering if the chassis for the DAG15 is the same as the AC20 Deluxe? I thought Joe made the smaller heads with the same size chassis, but just want to verify that this is correct.
  9. D

Who makes reasonably priced ATA cases?

Any suggestions for reasonably priced ATA cases? I have found a few companies on ebay, but wondering if you all have any recommendations?
  10. D

Les Paul Special pickguard on 50's Tribute?

Hey everyone...I just purchased a Gibson 50's tribute Les Paul with p90's. Just curious if you know if a pickguard for a Les Paul Special would fit? I'm assuming it's the same dimensions in between the p90's... Any thoughts?
  11. D

Does this amp exist? 2 channel tweed-style with loop

I love the sound of a 5e3 *type* sound with 6v6's. Are there any channel-switching amps with this type of feel and sound that also have a loop? I am looking for something fairly straightforward with these features.
  12. D

Filtertrons in Les Paul Studio

Thinking about putting TV Jones Filtertrons in a Gibson Les Paul Studio (faded mahogany). Have any of you all done something similar? I love the gretsch jangle and bite, and hope it could "open up" the traditionally dark Les Paul somewhat. Anything I need to be aware of or cautious about?
  13. D

G-Force before single channel amp heads

Just wondering if anyone on here has run a TC Electronic G Force before single channel amp heads without effects loops? Just wondering if you all think the results for this would work out well: Quality overdrive pedals--->G Force----> stereo out into two single channel amp heads. I know you...
  14. D

"Voxy" overdrive pedal?

Any suggestions on an overdrive pedal that comes close to the tonality of a cranked AC15 or AC30? (I know the amp used is an important variable as well) I love the grind that comes from those amps. It seems a lot of overdrives and distortions are compared to Marshalls, etc, but I haven't...
  15. D

If you had to make a rough guess...

...how many hours of playing time do you have in on your most durable amp?
  16. D

Single channel amp question - overdrive pedal useage

I have used mostly channel-switching tube amps, and have recently been entertaining the thought of upgrading to two single-channel amps and running them in stereo. My question is this: will the use of a high quality overdrive pedal or boost effectively produce the same tones as the amp...
  17. D

Groove Tubes Trio Preamp question

Hey all, I just purchased a like new Groove Tubes Trio preamp. I am curious if any one on here used/uses one with midi switching? From the owners manual, it appears that you have to purchase a midi input card to install in the midi slots...I'm assuming those are impossible to find? Any...