Search results

1. T

Finally... a WGS Reaper review !

RESURRECTED.......I'd love to hear how these 2 compare!!!:stir
  2. T

Greenbacks, and variants...

I C ya...IC yaz......What about a Wizard for real BALLZ TO THA WALL??!! :fisticuffs
  3. T

The Invader also holds together surprisingly well, again to my ears of course, when accommodating the girthier sound of an Orange. They usually pair their amps with Vintage 30s, so that's really kinda cool as well! :cool: 12" Invader 50 - 50 watts | Warehouse Guitar Speakers (wgsusa.com)
  4. T

Alnicos have never really done anything for me, just always much preferred the :boxerof ceramics. Which is good, because they're a lot more rea$onable as well!:idea
  5. T

I didn't say anything was 'wrong' with it, I explained that I was just looking for a different sound than what the GB does. I think Gulliver described the difference fairly well, actually.-
  6. T

Nah, 50 would be fine considering it's a 20 watt amp. I listened to a shootout wherest the Invader was pitted against several Celestions and other WGS, and it either came out on top, or was as good as everything else in about every tone range, to my ears anyway. A G12H30 MIGHT have bested it...
  7. T

I need a tad more 'cut', and/ or a 'bigger, rounder' sound than the G12M provides, and I've narrowed my search down to these 3. Will be going into a Mini Jube combo, which FINALLY arrived today, and is a very cool amp other than the speaker change I plan to make here. Which one do you suppose...
  8. T

Marshall 2525c query....

Might go a completely different route and go with something like a Vintage Poiple! I've actually had pretty good success, (not everything as been a home run, of course) trying unorthodox pairings. :boxer :YinYang Accessories - Reeves Amplification (reevesamps.com)
  9. T

Marshall 2525c query....

In what way were they 'meh'?
  10. T

Marshall 2525c query....

So I've got one of these on order from SweetWater, waiting for them to get them back in stock, and was wondering about replacing the speaker they come stock with. I've always thought Greenbacks were just OK, with a good basic tonality, but kind of 'weak' and anemic sounding. I have a G12 H-75...
  11. T

Stereo amp rig, Part II....

Bumpsky-:cool:
  12. T

Stereo amp rig, Part II....

So I just can't justify spending the kind of coin a Matchless or Dr.Z would require. I've now narrowed it down to these 2. Seems to me, they basically share the same British style DNA. Yeah, the Marshall ain't exactly cheap, but SweetWater offers some nice payment plans.I think either one would...
  13. T

Your Top Five 90's Albums

U2- Achtung Baby Pearl Jam-Vitalogy Live- Throwing Copper (best album of the decade by anyone, for me) STP- Purple Rush- Roll The Bones :YinYang
  14. T

Dr. Z Monza???

:boxer
  15. T

Dr. Z Monza???

BUMP- I'm currently looking hard @ this model, and have been wondering about some of the very same questions here myself!! :YinYang
  16. T

Dr Z Maz 18 vs Marshall Studio Vintage

BOOKMARKED- :boxer
  17. T

Matchless, Marshall question...

Well that, and I'm really not wanting to go very far north of a grand $ on this purchase as it turns out. With a bit of patience, a great Top Hat can generally be found there, as well as the Marshall Jubilee... A Matchless otoh, aside from something like the SC mini from their PCB-based 'budget...
  18. T

Little 'softer, saggier' sounding amp than my Hiwatt of course, but I feel as though the 2 could potentially blend very well together....and the CR can certainly get 'good & mean' with a good Tele, or LP!:fisticuffs
  19. T

Thanks for the responses fellas.....Oddly, or not enough....I'm in the process of trying to work something out for a Top Hat Club Royale 2x12 , block logo era, so it appears as though 'something else' might prevail after all. :stir:boxer
  20. T

RIGHT...That Hi-Tone JP does sound killer, but think it might be a bit redundant with the C20 I have.
  21. T

Do you have any opinion on the Hi-Tone stuff?
  22. T

Have you had, and if so, did you like the SpitFire? :YinYang
  23. T

Hi-Tone Custom Lowatt JP 2019 Black | CineGoat | Reverb
  24. T

Actually, in light of what I'd be seeking to mix it with, that sounds great for my needs! IDK if you checked out the clip of the Hiwatt, but that amp crunches up pretty good when set right, esp. with a Les Paul!!:stir
  25. T

I hear ya, and that's why I'm fairly heavily leaning towards the Spitfire, which as I understand it from my research, (reading thru A LOT of threads, listening to U-Toob clips, etc.), is quite a bit more mid focused, 'rounder', and more 'restrained' if you will vs. the Lightning which can get...