Search results

1. D

Grover Jackson GJ2 Glendora!

Just got my GJ2 Glendora for about a month already, and finally had more time to mess around with it. Really punchy and nice bark in the tone, I was intending this to be an 80's & AOR styled guitar. Turns out it's really good at some of these modern chugga tones too. The music might not be up...
  2. D

Pickup troubleshooting help

Hi guys, I've recently bought a set of Dimarzio pickups for a SSH configuration. 2 of the Injector neck model and the Transition bridge humbucker. I've wired it up accordingly to the diagram that Dimarzio had kindly provided below, Out of all positions, only position 4 (split middle + split...
  3. D

Been away for a while, but back with some 11R playing!

Hey guys, I've been really busy with my new job and haven't got time to even check out the forums at all. I hope everyone's doing great and preparing for Christmas with their families I've actually managed to do up 2 videos recently, one of which is my friend ripping it up on his new...
  4. D

Eleven Rack Expansion Pack: The Bogner 101b just slays! *lead tone clip*

Easily one of my most favourite amps in the whole Eleven rack, the RB-01b aka Bogner Ecstasy. I can't stop noodling around whenever I fire up my rig to practice, which is really bad for targeted practice with limited time every day :jo C41z1h-_M-o?hd=1 My previous clip had the original tracks...
  5. D

Bought the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack today! *80s clean tone content*

I just pulled the trigger and purchased the ERXP today! You guys weren't kidding when you said the speaker breakup function made a huge difference. I strongly recommend anyone who haven't bought the ERXP to go get it now, seriously. First thing when I fired up my 11R after the upgrade was to...
  6. D

Trying out the 11R Marsha Brown Eye preset *Updated with vid*

Been looking around for some nice Marshall tones in the Eleven Rack, to my surprise there are a couple of Friedman Marsha presets floating over at the Eleven Rack Presets page. Here's a quick take that I just did, without the reverb and small tweaks from the preset. Some clams here and there...
  7. D

So I've got my 11R, need some inputs for a portable setup....

Well, as the title says...I've just got the 11R. It is truly a wonderful piece of gear and very addictive! I have long ditched my pedalboard setup since last year and has since become a "guitar straight to the amp" guy. The 11R has got me thinking to just lug a portable setup i.e. 11R + midi...
  8. D

A cover song of Mr Big - Next Time Around

Just got my Zoom Q3HD yesterday, so I went ahead and record my guitar playing. Sort of a small tribute to one of my favourite bands, back from a reunion and now with a new album coming out later in feb. vRRLFGkGUAQ I'm glad to be playing guitar again, as I've stopped for about 2 years or so...
  9. D

Mr Big's latest single, album to be out next month!

Not sure if you guys have heard this Zit9TQADS6o Absolutely unbelievable, kept true to their words and the latest album "What If" will be released on 15th Dec, this is the single from that album. Their "Lean Into It" album is my top 3 albums of all time, imho no one fuses pop and technicality...
  10. D

Standards, which one?

I was reading the other thread about practice and thought that the idea of studying 1 standard each week is great. I've a Hal Leonard Real Book which was a gift a couple of years back, and looked up some other threads that mentioned listening to the melody and changes of the song etc. My...
  11. D

Anyone checked out Keith Urban's latest single?

Here it is, I'm diggin' it just cause there's cowbells! :bow oAO6Ppzoe50 Some of you know I'm a sucker for anything that Dann Huff does, I hope you guys enjoy this as much as I do!
  12. D

NGD - U.S. Masters LeGrand

Yeahhhhhh!!!!!! Just received pics from Dick at U.S Masters Guitarworks before my guitar was packed for shipping today. I may sound like i'm waxing lyrical about it but it was truly a smooth and nice experience ordering from USMGW. The owner, Dick, was very responsive with the email...
  13. D

Anyone knowledgeable on Dann Huff's modified 63' strat

I've been looking at Dann Huff's 63' strat that was modded by Jim Tyler, the bridge humbucker seems to be slightly slanted. It is angled the same "orientation" as on Eddie's Frankenstrat, but at a much smaller subtle angle. I assume that it will yield a much brighter tone on the unwound...
  14. D

Anyone from Germany shops @ Tube-Town?

Hi guys, Just wanna check if any of our Gear Pagers are familiar or have any experience with www.tube-town.de from Germany? I'm planning to purchase some stuff from there and so far it looks legit, but it will be better to hear some/any feedback if possible. Thanks in advance!
  15. D

NEW material from Mr. Big!!!!

Hey guys, just wanna share something cool. There's a new song from Mr. Big. You heard me right, NEW song! For those who aren't really incline to the band or loves stereotyping all that 80s stuff, then pls do not post in this thread for courtesy sake. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyH6wuahb1k...
  16. D

NAD! (Badger 30 w/1x12)

Been thinking about this amp ever since watching Pete Thorn demo'ed it last year. I am actually a very big OD100-SE+ fanboy, but given the circumstances on where and when i can crank an amp....chances are really slim. So the Badger 30's been on my shortlist for a smaller (for a lack of proper...
  17. D

Any critiques greatly appreciated

Maybe some of you have already seen my post in the Sound Hound Lounge about the instrumental EP. If not, the teaser tracks are at http://www.brandon-gan.com This is my 1st actual work, all done ITB on my iMac using Logic 8 Studio. I deeply appreciate any critiques and hope to improve myself...
  18. D

About my newly acquired Marshall 1960AX cab....

I've been a long time user of 2x12 cabs and amps not higher than 50W, but i've recently bought a 100 watter JVM head with a 1960AX cab after trying at my local mom n' pop store for quite some time. Just a question here, i know that the 1960AX cab is loaded with 4 G12-25 (greenbacks). The rating...
  19. D

Reference Monitors help.......

I've just got myself a pair of KRK RP-5 to do some rough mixes in my room, and i do know that for optimum placement...it's the usual equilateral triangle and with the monitors at the height where your head is. I'm currently placing them on the desk and it's giving me bass-o-mania, i'll give...
  20. D

Planning to get a pair of KRK Rokit RP, which?

As my thread title states, i'm planning to go get a pair of those KRK Rokit series monitors for use in my bedroom setup. I know it isn't the best of places to use reference monitors, i'll be using headphones occasionally to just make sure too. So, the question is between the RP-5 and RP-6...
  21. D

Suhr-real!!!!!!!

It's been a long wait and the guitar will be enroute to me once it reach Greg @ RocketMusic. I can't contain the excitement waiting for this guitar. To keep the long story short, it's been a long time coming....saving up and looking forward to the day of owning a Suhr. I know some TGP-ers here...
  22. D

Which for DAW?

Well, I've decided on a list of items to get my own DAW started...just undecided and probably inexperienced on which to purchase for the computer portion... With my budget, i can either choose to build my own PC or equaivalent to getting an iMac. The bulk of work done from home will mostly be...
  23. D

Rocket Music, Most excellent Suhr dealer experience!

It's quite a long read but i gotta get this off my chest, anyone in the VA area listening? :rolleyes: I was looking for a Suhr Pro S3 in a Trans Blue finish, so 1 of those dealers who had this particular finish was Rocket Music. Realised that they have a TGP a/c, I PM'ed regarding the purchase...
  24. D

Help me with my Firewire woes

So i'm planning to get the M-audio Firewire 410. Problem is, my PC motherboard does not have onboard Firewire interfaces. Thus the question below, - Should i go buy a Firewire PCI card to install in my PC to run the audio interface, assuming it will be a marked improvement as compared to...
  25. D

Getting DSL50, but which speakers???

I'm about to pull the trigger on a DSL50, but have not got around to choosing a cab for it. What will be a better choice, V30s or GBs? The only thing i'm curious is when pushing the high gain tones through the GBs, will they uncontrollably flub out i.e. too much bass?