Search results

1. D

New Godin Stadium "T" Style

Would a standard tele pickguard fit on this?
  2. D

Weber Gray Wolf

Any users out there? The description sounds like it is very similar to a Badcat Celestion, but I am also confused if the modern high-gain references take this out of the vintage British ballpark. I am a big fan of the Blue Dog Ceramic, but looking for a bit more midrange emphasis as well.
  3. D

Mojotone NC 30/15 Kit Build

Thanks, Taller! I see it now. It appears this just replaces the 2.2k 5 watt resistor on the capacitor can leads?
  4. D

Mojotone NC 30/15 Kit Build

I am prepping for an NC3015 build. I noticed that there have been several versions over the past few years and some include a choke while the current layout doesn’t. I like utilizing a choke and it appears there is room to mount this in the inside of the chassis near the power section. Can...
  5. D

Physical Location of Choke on Chassis

Hello everyone, It seems standard practice for the choke (if applicable) to be installed between the power transformer and output transformer. Besides the ideal location for the physical leads themselves, is there any other reason that this is the most common placement? I'm working on a...
  6. D

Corrosion on new capacitor

Thanks, everyone. I learned even more than I anticipated about Sprague Atom's from this thread.:aok
  7. D

Corrosion on new capacitor

I purchased several new capacitors and noticed one of the 16uF caps has what appears to be corrosion. Of course, I didn't notice this until after the return period has expired. I'm assuming this is an obvious question and that this is a bad capacitor that shouldn't be used. Can someone...
  8. D

Small Heads with Big Iron?

Was the output transformer the 21 Watt 8.6K? I'm guessing the 7H choke? Thanks for your insight on this.
  9. D

Classictone Transformers for Ceriatone Muchle$$ Build?

Hi everyone. I am looking at different transformer options for a 15 watt Muchle$$ build. Has anyone had experience using Marshall 18 Watt Classictone transformers or the AC15 style transformers with these builds? As for output transformers, I seem to have read that the Matchless sound is...
  10. D

6.3v wire connectors?

Jeff, thank you very much for the information.
  11. D

6.3v wire connectors?

Hi all, I have been looking for a specific part and have been unable to locate it. The part is the male/female 6.3v wire connectors as used by Morgan amps and others. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Thank you.
  12. D

I am very interested in one of these amps. I have read the online descriptions of the circuit, but does anyone know which version of the "TMB" circuit this model utilizes for channel 2? There are so many variants it can be confusing for me. The power section modifications mentioned on...
  13. D

need to buy a Matchless Spitfire chassis

Are chassis from Ceriatone for the Spitfire a drop-in replacement in standard Matchless Spitfire heads/cabs? I have been looking at project boxes on tubeamplifierparts.com as well, and they have 17.5 x 6.5 x 2.5 and 17.5 x 8 x 2.5 chassis with an inward lip. To me, it seems like one of these...
  14. D

Sourcing Output Transformer for Matchless Spitfire/Loghtning

Hi everyone. I am getting ready to endeavor into my first amp build, which will be a Spitfire circuit. I will probably source my own parts based on the Watts Pro Audio or Ceriatone layouts. I have done a lot of research on this, and it seems that most have recommended the old West Labs...
  15. D

Reverse Delay - is there any use for it ???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x07EMm3NSg8 2:33
  16. D

Hot Rod Deluxe Trouble. Techy advise needed.

I have a 96 MIA HRD that started having occasional crackles/pops, then crackles/pops VERY often. Now, it is a very distorted sound with extremely low volume...regardless of where the volume knob is. Sounds like this could be a similar problem?
  17. D

Morgan DAG15 Owners unite - Roundtable

Would like to raise the clean headroom on mine. Would love to hear your thoughts after swapping out v1.
  18. D

Battery powererd PA? Need to play an outdoor wedding.

I'm actually only playing one song, so I don't need it for a long period of time. Thanks for the feedback so far...
  19. D

Battery powererd PA? Need to play an outdoor wedding.

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting a acoustic amp/pa system that can run on battery power. I prefer XLR inputs and a few channels...plus a decent wattage. I have seen some on the market such as the Roland AC33 and Crate Limo, but they seem a little small to me. So far, the Carvin...
  20. D

Tube recommendation for '66 Princeton

I have a 78 Silverface Princeton (non-reverb). Just wondering about suggestions for 6v6's for maximum volume and headroom. Probably going to convert the baffle for a 12" speaker as well at some point. Oddly, the tubes currently in the amp seem to be smaller than current-sized 6v6's. Is this...
  21. D

? For those running two amps in stereo/mono.

Is it common to have hum and grounding issues if only using a delay pedal or reverb to split the signal to stereo? Going to be going this direction very soon, using two amps, and want to avoid any potential pitfalls.
  22. D

Battery Powered Acoustic Amp/PA

Bump.
  23. D

Battery Powered Acoustic Amp/PA

Hello everyone, I'm looking into getting a acoustic amp/pa system that can run on battery power. I prefer XLR inputs and a few channels...plus a decent wattage. I have seen some on the market such as the Roland AC33 and Crate Limo, but they seem a little small to me. So far, the Carvin...
  24. D

Morgan chassis size

Thank you, Joe!
  25. D

Morgan chassis size

Sorry, my mistake. I originally posted Dual 20 instead of AC20 Deluxe.