Search results

1. D

Rockett Pedals!

Been using my Flex Drive on and off for the past 4 years, purchased it back when Rockett still sold their pedals through the Indyguitarist site. I've been wanting to hunt down an original Nobels ODR-1 for some time and decided to just lay that idea to rest. XTS Imperial and the Rockett Chicken...
  2. D

Grover Jackson GJ2 Glendora!

Just got my GJ2 Glendora for about a month already, and finally had more time to mess around with it. Really punchy and nice bark in the tone, I was intending this to be an 80's & AOR styled guitar. Turns out it's really good at some of these modern chugga tones too. The music might not be up...
  3. D

Pickup troubleshooting help

Thanks for the advice Chikn. I forgot to add that I did tap on the pickups with a screwdriver to check. They were split correctly. I'll just run through it again and hopefully no bad solder joints. If it's due to the inherent nature of 2 very different humbuckers being unable to fully cancel...
  4. D

Pickup troubleshooting help

Hi guys, I've recently bought a set of Dimarzio pickups for a SSH configuration. 2 of the Injector neck model and the Transition bridge humbucker. I've wired it up accordingly to the diagram that Dimarzio had kindly provided below, Out of all positions, only position 4 (split middle + split...
  5. D

XTS Atomic Overdrive

+1 to that. I've only dealt with Greg and he's one of the nicest guys in the business. They wouldn't accept any deposit from me for the Preamp, only because they were held up by their enclosure vendor. To paraphrase what he said, XTS will only accept payment only when the product is ready to be...
  6. D

Been away for a while, but back with some 11R playing!

Hey! I remember checking out your Megadeth clips and stuff before I pulled the trigger on the 11R, awesome playing! :)
  7. D

Been away for a while, but back with some 11R playing!

Hey guys, I've been really busy with my new job and haven't got time to even check out the forums at all. I hope everyone's doing great and preparing for Christmas with their families I've actually managed to do up 2 videos recently, one of which is my friend ripping it up on his new...
  8. D

John Suhr interview and factory tour

Owner of a Standard since '09, and a Badger30 in '10. Never looked back again, John and co. delivered one of the most enjoyable piece of instrument I could ever own. The support is stellar and I'm really thankful for everyone at JST making sure my Suhr products is well taken care of. Just wanna...
  9. D

Anyone Else Think MXR Has Put Out Some Good Pedals Recently

You can look at it as a 3 knob chorus unit. The other 2 knobs are specifically the low and high cut, when at max setting is supposed to be bypassed. IMHO, those 2 knobs are the bee's knees. You can dial in a really chimey chorus with less mud for example, and if you're swapping guitars....then...
  10. D

Anyone Else Think MXR Has Put Out Some Good Pedals Recently

I've been impressed by their run lately. It all started from the reissue of the script phase90. Their latest Analog Chorus is a home run for me too, at a really unbelieavable price!
  11. D

Live Recording of Eleven Rack

I love the buildup to the solo, you can hear the spank and tone. Was it a vol rolloff on the guitar? I agree with the price to tone value, been enjoying my 11R since day one :)
  12. D

The Road Worn Series are the best guitars Fender makes.

Managed to snap a couple of pics earlier in the day before work, I've swapped out the bridge for a Gotoh Wilkinson, which works really great and intonates well. Pups are still stock, which I intend to swap out for a set of Fralins or Dimarzio Area Ts. I absolutely love the chunky C neck...
  13. D

The Road Worn Series are the best guitars Fender makes.

I've got one as a gift from my fiance recently, she bought it on the sly while I was too engrossed trying out the RW 52 tele. Swapped out the bridge for a Gotoh Wilkinson, and all set to go! Amazing guitar for the price, no one would have thought it was a MIM piece. In fact, i liked it over a...
  14. D

Eleven Rack through home stereo (Gary Moore cover + some more)

Is that a Kotzen tele? I really miss mine when I sold it off. That's a real SCORCHING piece, you nailed it and it's excellent! Great phrasing and lines, I'm really enjoying it :) It's great to see another great rep for 11R
  15. D

Eleven Rack Expansion Pack: The Bogner 101b just slays! *lead tone clip*

Thanks robert! Anyway, I've uploaded the preset on the site already. You can download it at http://www.elevenrackpresets.com/Details/Bogner-Lead.html
  16. D

Pod HD tone and clip - Timmon's "Ghost of You"

Agree with Ben R on the observations. I think you definitely nailed the tone earlier on, one suggestion would be to add more delay and verb which some other posters have mentioned too. Very nice attempt, I'm a big AT fan too :)
  17. D

Yup, I'll be attempting that next I guess :) Not easy, but I'll try! mike: I'm using the Suhr SSV+. Output's about 10K, but it's got lotsa clarity and snap. As for the preset name, I guess "Lukather Lead" should be good. thrashmetl: Avid actually modeled all 3 channels (Blue, Green and Red)...
  18. D

iirc, line6 had the uberschall modelling for the longest time....i guess to placate all the "heavy" tone guys chasing after bands that used it like Slipknot? The Ecstasy didn't had that much traction compared to the Uberschall, i guess that's the same for now?
  19. D

I'd say give it a try if you know anyone around you who has one. I was already quite happy with it prior to purchasing the expansion pack, if I can put it this way, now the speaker breakup function and new stuff are just incredible icing on the cake :D Mike: I'll be uploading it, will update...
  20. D

Another (new) Mark Day Axe-FX II Clip

Any time I hear Vito, Eddie and a whole bunch of 80s guitar heroes in one clip....that's a sure winner for me! :) Excellent playing and tones there Mark!
  21. D

Thanks Dr Git, it's just a small setup consisting of an '09 iMac and a pair of Adam A7 with the 11R as my main interface :)
  22. D

Easily one of my most favourite amps in the whole Eleven rack, the RB-01b aka Bogner Ecstasy. I can't stop noodling around whenever I fire up my rig to practice, which is really bad for targeted practice with limited time every day :jo C41z1h-_M-o?hd=1 My previous clip had the original tracks...
  23. D

Pete's "Guitar Nerd" album discussion thread

Just received my copy....*face melted*
  24. D

Axe-FX Eruption Solo

absolutely on fire dude! Tone was spot on and really sick!
  25. D

Bought the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack today! *80s clean tone content*

I think you hit it right there dsmc80, although I'm very sure I'll be as equally fine on the Axe-FX since I get to tweak sounds on a daily basis :D I wouldn't use the word predictable, but so far my experience with the 11R has been really great. As in when you turn the knobs and parameters, it...