Search results

1. Geetar_Will

George Harrison and slide guitar

I once got asked to play Handle With Care on a night of Tom Petty covers. That slide lead is some of the most satisfying music I've ever done live - such an off-kilter rhythmic feel of unexpected notes that somehow have such beauty. His touch and vibrato were really something unique. It was a...
  2. Geetar_Will

Sold Ceriatone JTM45 and 1x12 J Design Blackface cab with a Scumback H75

The Ceriatone JTM45 is less than a year old (bought at the end of 2020 - built by Nik). It has the half power switch as well as the PPIMV and Gold Lion KT66s. It comes with an oversized Marshall cover (because you gotta have something). It's never had any issues for me - super solid. It's in...
  3. Geetar_Will

Sold Analog Man 2SB175 Sunlion

Bought new in December 2020. Kept in excellent condition. All I've really done is record with it a handful of times. No velcro. Comes with all the Analog Man swag and original box. The Beano Boost has the standard stuff in it. Sound samples from this very unit can be heard here. $345 shipped...
  4. Geetar_Will

Sold Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus

Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus - Used. Never once gave me an issue. Bought new by me quite a while ago. Comes with all the cables (and an IEC power cable which is not pictured) and manual. Lived on my Pedaltrain Jr. board. Ships in a Pedal Power 3 box. $115 shipped
  5. Geetar_Will

Yamaha SA2200 pickups are really good

I did end up switching the bridge out to a SD Seth Lover. Lost the coil splitting on the bridge, but got the bridge humbucker tone I was after.
  6. Geetar_Will

When was Jimmy Page most locked in live?

Thanks. Would love to hear some Jaco stories some time. Maybe another thread. Portrait of Tracy is one of the most beautiful things I've ever heard.
  7. Geetar_Will

When was Jimmy Page most locked in live?

You speak like you've known the man. I've often wanted to thank him for his influence in my own playing - one of my biggest teachers. Got any good stories (respectful of course, not looking for dirt)? And is that Jaco?
  8. Geetar_Will

My jtm hates drive pedals.

A lot of helpful info about speakers/settings was posted in a thread I started when I had questions. https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/looking-for-opinions-on-the-ceriatone-jtm45.2072048/page-2
  9. Geetar_Will

I fear for small animals and children within your vicinity.
  10. Geetar_Will

A suggestion for you @19jmm68 ... I've been able to bring out quite a few different tones using my Ceriatone Jtm45. The best pedal settings I've found aren't anything I've seen suggested here, but of course this depends on how you want pedals to interact with your amp. Like @big mike suggested...
  11. Geetar_Will

@19jmm68 What are your amp settings besides the vol?
  12. Geetar_Will

I want to know more about the Yamaha SA2200

I had the same experience as @gtrdoc up there. I had a friend that told me over and over to try his, but I never would. Once I did, I had to have one. It really fit what I was after sound-wise and is an extremely playable guitar. A comparable Gibson is outside my price range and I've not been...
  13. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

@hippieboy I had a BC183 a while back - it's much closer to Gilmour than the GE ones. What I have now is the 2SB175 - which is what I would say to try as the Analogman description fits. I've posted sounds here, but here's the link to all of them... https://soundcloud.com/search?q=Geetar_Will...
  14. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Here are a couple leads I've done recently for the band in my sig. The first one is the 2SB175 Sunface side of the Sunlion with a tele and Ceriatone JTM45. The second is the whole Sunlion (Sunface+Beano!) with a semi-hollow and Ceriatone JTM45. They're both left raw and cutting to help get...
  15. Geetar_Will

Favorite JTM45 settings (Pics please)

@Bluesful That's sounding pretty close.
  16. Geetar_Will

Demo of a '65 Princeton Reverb into a Celestion Cream Alnico

Man, dig that Vibrolux clip. Was that the same Tele as the above video? Tell us about that thing.
  17. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Thanks @lavinci
  18. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Yamaha sa2200 > 2SB175 Sunface > JTM45 (rhythm guitar is straight into the JTM45 in the first clip)
  19. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Mike, I cannot thank you enough. I would love to try all your fuzz flavors.
  20. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Pretty sure I'm in the minority here, but I prefer a fuzzface that doesn't clean up all the way. I like various shades of fuzz when the pedal is on - even down to just a bit of grit, but I'd just keep it off if I wanted clean.
  21. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Thanks! Inspiring tones to improvise on.
  22. Geetar_Will

Analogman Sunface club

Yessir. The neck pickup is now a Lollar Royal T though.