Search results

1. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Thanks TopDog!
  2. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Thanks Ion, summoning the imaginary rhythm section!
  3. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Cheers R2, thanks for listening.
  4. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Thanks deeohgee!
  5. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Yep, that's the one. It's my favourite direct recording box. Very simple but surprisingly versatile.
  6. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Thanks JRC
  7. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

Thanks for listening. Yes, it's had a few refrets, the latest one last year.
  8. wahwah

'68 Strat Noodling

9. wahwah

Breathe - Acoustic Instrumental

Thanks Derek, glad you enjoyed it!
  10. wahwah

Breathe - Acoustic Instrumental

This is an acoustic guitar instrumental from an album I made a few years ago. I matched it up with some nature footage that seemed to fit the track. It's called, "Breathe."
  11. wahwah

What Guitar Are You Currently Playing?

1968 Fender Stratocaster
  12. wahwah

Jimi...Angel

You were right, I really did like that! What a fantastic insight into the beauty of his chord voicings...one of my favourite elements of his playing. Thanks for sharing.
  13. wahwah

Jimi...Angel

Thanks for listening guys, glad you liked it! It's one of my favourites too.
  14. wahwah

Jimi...Angel

Thanks Cb!
  15. wahwah

Jimi...Angel

I was noodling today and started playing this, so I thought I would share. Jimi's 'Angel' from Cry of Love. Cheers............................ wahwah
  16. wahwah

Which currently made Univibe clone sounds as good as a 70s Trower recording?

Here's a demo of my KR Megavibe, matched up with a KR Gypsy Fuzz. The clip is so old that it's on Soundclick..Ha! http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6916207 BOS...of course! Not exactly a 'currently available' Univibe , so possibly not entirely relevant to the thread, other than as a sonic...
  17. wahwah

Show us your rig part 2!

No, it's a '68
  18. wahwah

Olivia Newton-John's "Magic": Just a Boss CE-1?

Sounds like a Roland Dimension D, the stereo rack mount studio effect that inspired the DC-2 pedal version
  19. wahwah

Sad News, John Landgraff has Passed away!

I still have John's DO and Mo'D on my board after many years. Still the best TS/RAT combo I've heard. He had a great ear for tuning pedals for live battle conditions. R.I.P John.
  20. wahwah

R.I.P. to the theory of "the tone is in the fingers"...

I'd be more inclined to say that tone starts in the fingers, although in reality I think it actually starts in the imagination, which is why many guitar players who lack imagination will struggle if they believe that just buying specific equipment will give them their tone. Fingers alone won't...
  21. wahwah

Experience Jimi Hendrix Concert

Thanks guys, much appreciated, glad you enjoyed it! Cheers................................. wahwah
  22. wahwah

Thanks RGB, glad you enjoyed it! Cheers............................... wahwah
  23. wahwah

You guys might recall that I posted a thread recently about an upcoming Experience Jimi Hendrix concert I was asked to be part of, so here's an update on the show. It was a great night, with 9 local pros and a great rhythm section, playing to a packed house here at The Palms Theatre, Melbourne...
  24. wahwah

IMO-- Michael Jackson is the greatest musician/performer of all time. You?

Take Quincy Jones and Bruce Swedien out of the equation and, well...we saw what happened. It took half a dozen songwriters and nearly 30 musicians to create the album Thriller, all under the direction of Quincy Jones. I think Jackson's supposed 'genius' has always been overestimated. I could...
  25. wahwah

If you go watch a cover band, do you like to hear the songs perfectly duplicated ...

I put together a side project a few years ago, just to scratch an itch I had to play a bunch of songs from artists who had inspired me to become a musician. Part of the challenge I set for myself and the players I chose was to get as close as we could to the originals. It was always going to be...