Search results

1. M

TC Flashback delay... they knocked it out of the solar system!

Has anyone tried comparing the Ekko 616 vs this (Flashback)? I have the 616 and I'm thinking of selling it to get this. Sorry, I'm kinda lazy to search the entire thread :D
  2. M

one guitar + one amp = )

My share: Gibson LP STD and Mesa Boogie Mark IV :JAM
  3. M

Show us your Les Pauls

Rosso, my 2002 Gibson Les Paul Standard in Wine Red Finish. Here she is with my Mesa Boogie Mark IV Combo.
  4. M

Tone diff: McRosewood vs a regular McCarty?

It's 8-3 in favor of the McRosey. Seems like I made the right choice. Like what I've said, I love the feel of the MEI's neck which I tried once. I assume it's almost similar to the McR.
  5. M

@dark_rainbow: I see. Regarding the dry feeling at the back, I actually love it after trying a couple of Suhrs & Tylers with no lacquer on the neck. Very smooth - same as the ME I tried. Since it's very humid here, the neck gets very sticky once my palms started to sweat and I hated it...
  6. M

@Kelsey, I've read that the IRW neck make the sound muddy compared to the mahogs. But couldn't we just use the EQ & tone knob on the amp and pedals to tame the bass/mids? @gulliver, I'll check if it does smell vintagey once I get my hands on the guitar. @madstrat, I think I'll keep the neck...
  7. M

Thank you for your replies, Kelsey and madstrat. It's great to hear that it's a stable guitar and the IRW neck can withstand crazy humidity. And the dark, muddy tone is one of the traits that I like with this guitar (at least, from what you guys have mentioned). Kelsey, does your Standard come...
  8. M

Thank you for your replies, poolshark! Glad to know that it can handle extreme climate changes. It's very humid here in my place right now and I'm afraid the IRW can't take it. Looks like I've made the right choice with the McRosewood. I especially love this description: I actually like my...
  9. M

Thanks to everyone for the replies. That's great to hear! I made a deposit already for the McRosewood. Will get it once I get back from my trip. One more question, do you guys think the IRW neck can withstand a very humid climate? I'm shipping one from Kentucky, USA to South-East Asia.
  10. M

I've always wanted to get a McCarty. For some reason, I ended up with a CU22 (which I sold way back) and a chambered Gibson LP Standard (which I'm about to sell). I've been searching high & low for "my perfect McCarty" which has all the specs I want. I eventually found one a few days ago and...
  11. M

Which RS Kit for a Chambered Gibson Les Paul?

Thanks for your reply. So net, it all boils down to the wiring? I know the pickups as well as the chambered body play a part but I didn't know the wiring does too. I'll take a pic of the electronics soon. Please let me know how to change it nack to stock/moderm wiring. Cheers!
  12. M

Which RS Kit for a Chambered Gibson Les Paul?

Guys, I just want to ask for your opinion and suggestion. I have a chambered 2007 Gibson LP STD with Bare Knuckle Mule calibrated set installed. My tech rewired it 50's style then changed the caps to .022 Orange Drops. He told me that I need to change the tonepots as it was already on its last...
  13. M

Chambered LP Tone

@nibus: Yeah, I think I'd rather get a brighter pup set then I would adjust the amp's EQ or my LP's tone knob if I want less highs. Thank you for your input. @Dale: Thanks for the link. Both helped me big time.
  14. M

Chambered LP Tone

Thanks for your inputs guys :) Hope more TGP fellows can help me out here. Pickup shopping is a killer!
  15. M

Chambered LP Tone

I'm thinking of getting myself a new set of pick-ups after the Gibson '57 Classic Plus Bridge pup on my LP went kaput! Before I go pup shopping, any of you know the tonal characteristics of a chambered Gibson LP? Kindly add also the basic EQ thingy.. e.g. Bass 5, Mids 5 and Treble 5. This will...
  16. M

PRS CU22 Aftermarket Pickups

Thank you everyone for your replies. Pardon me if this is a newb question: Can my tech just install my DII's nickel covers on any uncovered 'buckers? This means I can get the pickups cheaper than with the covers on.
  17. M

Thanks for your reply. I'm actually considering Bareknuckle but I'm not sure which one to get. When I checked his page, I wasn't sure if he's referring to Mr Haynes about the Mules so it's a good thing you confirmed it :)
  18. M

I know that some of you replaced the stock pickups on their CU22. May I know which one you installed and how it compares to the stock ones? Thinking of changing mine but I'm specifically looking for a set that can nail Warren Haynes' tone. Or maybe something that is not that bassy on the neck...
  19. M

Photos of Burst Les Pauls

sorry for the ignorance, but what shade is this?
  20. M

Your Pedalboard - Photo

Hey Brian! Those are Canare cables with generic, China-made heads.
  21. M

Your Pedalboard - Photo

Thanks, Vintage! Love the Zim too for it's versatility. Though I'm still itching for a Emma ReezaFratZitz (again) for a heavier tone that I can't get from the Zim.
  22. M

Lets see your loaded Pedaltrain JRs!

nice board, bart! love the neatness.. OC too, huh bro? :D
  23. M

Your Pedalboard - Photo

Thanks guys! Nope, I just bought them. The cables are Canares while the generic flatheads are from China, afaik.
  24. M

Your Pedalboard - Photo

Thanks Bart! Your board is my benchmark for its neatness :)