Amp: Dabeck brand clone of a Marshall 50 watt model 1987 (built by Dave Smith in Richardson, Texas)
the matched pair of winged c SED EL34s came in yesterday.
i started by measuring the bias and plate voltage of the existing JJ E 34 L power tubes and here is how it worked out:
I have a new CLONE of a Marshall 50 watt 1987 plexi head. NOT A MARSHALL. A CLONE.
This evening I plug in my Les Paul for business as usual and I play a bit then...............silence. I shut the amp down, disconnect the power cord, remove the back panel, fire the amp up, and all tubes are...
Checking out the Germino website and all I can find about ordering/purchasing is to go through certain dealers. Is that the only avenue?
What if I want to add a certain feature or two to one of his models? How to I get it built to my order?
1. why did they invite Edge? edit ALL of his face time OUT of the movie and instantly it's a better movie. he added nothing and he doesn't play guitar, he plays effects pedals.
2. Jimmy Page added barely more than Edge. Page won't talk (tell secrets) and he hasn't for 40 years...
Just finished reading this book: http://www.amazon.com/Raisin-Cain-Raucous-Johnny-Winter/dp/0879309733/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1279743171&sr=1-1 and in it Johnny tells of he and SRV meeting many times and even comparing their versions of "Boot Hill".
Johnny was upset that he later found...
Three videos from our band, Midnight Believers, playing a private party last Saturday, June 19th.
That's Lisa on vocals and me on guitar.
Our next gig is July 10th @ Obzeet in Dallas.
1. ny guitar is tuned to Open G
2. i have a capo on the 4th fret. have never attempted to play in Open G with a capo on the 4th fret so the scale patterns are new to me.
3. i'm getting the chords and tempo down
4. how do i play the solo and/or where can i find the tab for the solo???
would love for us to do "Can't You Hear Me Knockin?" by the Stones. (our band: singer, guitar player, bass player, drummer. that's it.)
i could tune my Strat to open G and play all Keef's parts then pick up my Gibson (in standard tuning) and finish out the song playing Mick Taylor's parts.