Search results

1. D

CTS 250k split shaft in a Highway One

Will a CTS 250k split shaft pot fit into a Highway One ('02, pre upgrade if it matters) pickguard without drilling? http://www.rsguitarworks.net/rsstore/product_info.php?cPath=45_65&products_id=359
  2. D

"What YouTube Guitar video blow your mind TODAY?" Thread

Not really guitar, but a great youtube video associated with music nonetheless. Make sure you watch it all the way through! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM
  3. D

Want to See a 1987 Custom Shop Clapton?

1987 if I recall correctly
  4. D

The Best LP-Style Guitar on the Market? (Not Gibson)

The only non-Gibson LP I've played was the ESP EC-400VF. Awesome guitar. Great finish, good fretting, great pickups, etc!!! Looks classy to boot.
  5. D

Another question regarding my strat...

Will try somehow, my sister lost the camera :facepalm
  6. D

Another question regarding my strat...

I posted a thread about a week ago addressing the problem as to why there was no sound being amplified from my guitar! Well I resoldered a couple suspicious looking connections, and I got them to work again, but ONLY positions 2,3, and 4. My bridge only and neck only still do not work. However...
  7. D

Need Help!!!!! NO output!

UPDATE: Volumes are back to normal, EXCEPT position 5 and position 1 don't produce a signal! However, all the other positions are fine, any ideas???
  8. D

Please elaborate... Sorry I'm a bit of a tech novice and don't know much. Bare with me please :o And one of the terminal lugs is supposed to be on the volume pot, right? (the end one)
  9. D

Bump for more ideas before I go crazy and try to resolder everything I see tonight.
  10. D

Is there a solution for a short? And what is the cause of a short circuit? The guitar was working one moment, then after putting the PG on (no internal adjustments), it didn't. Could a short circuit happen so suddenly?
  11. D

I am used to the "tap with a screwdriver" trick, I use it when I install new pickups to make sure they work before I attach the PG and tune up. There was NO pop. Everything at the output jack is definitely connected right. And all wires are soldered somewhere. How would I fix a "shorted"...
  12. D

I never rewired, I simply readjusted my pickup screws (I put the springs in the wrong place). Can you tell me how I would identify either of those problems and how I would fix them?
  13. D

Can potentiometers just "die"?
  14. D

So I was playing my strat today and it was fine, but I opened up my pickguard to tighten a screw that I had meant to tighten for some time. I had just now gotten around to it. But after I put it back on, there was nothing amplified, tried different cables, and my friend's guitar worked, but not...
  15. D

what is the best blues album guys?? enlighten me please..

We Can Get Together -Sean Costello Sean Costello - Sean Costello Now they are not strictly blues album (mix of blues, balads, etc) but there are some GREAT songs with a very blues-oriented influence. Strictly blues: In Step - SRV (Life without you is my favorite SRV song) Miles Davis - Kind...
  16. D

Blues project...

It's not school... it's an private English class. No grades, etc. As I've said, I've done the research already and answered these questions to the best of my ability. I just want to see what everyone else has to say :AOK And yes, some of the questions may not pertain to the blues per se, they...
  17. D

Blues project...

First and last bump
  18. D

Gear That Has Changed Your Life

-Stratocaster -Tremolo (yes, a tremolo BRIDGE.) even though a lot of people don't like it, I use the tremolo a LOT. -.10 gauge Pure Nickel strings -Delay (my most used effect, even more than I use OD) -Soldering Iron (has saved me tons of money LOL)
  19. D

Neck pickup choice help!

Yes, he has soundclips of the S-5 Set. Check out the link I sent above. What you have to do is right click the soundclips, save them, and play them through Windows Media Player or another media player. I purchased them the day before the price increase. He let me know ahead of time which was...
  20. D

Vox Alnico Blue in my Vox AC15CC

Let us know how it sounds!
  21. D

Neck pickup choice help!

Oh, BTW, I replaced Kinman Woodstocks with these and never looked back. Here is a link: http://www.kleinpickups.com/p-77-s-5-scooped-stratocaster-pickup.aspx The soundclips on the website do no justice.
  22. D

Neck pickup choice help!

Try the Chris Klein S-5 Scooped set. They sound amazing clean and are great with light-moderate overdrive. They're dirt cheap and to boot, he's a TGPer and an awesome guy to deal with. These were designed off of JM's Big Dipper pickups so I think you'll like them.
  23. D

Blues project...

Hey guys, I have a blues project to do, and I figured it would be cool if I could get input from many different people. I've answered the questions to the best of my ability, but would like to see what you guys have to say. It would really help if you guys could give me some input! You don't...
  24. D

Anyone going to the Sean Costello Memorial Concert?

It's this Sunday in Atlanta. I wish I could go, but Atlanta is a pretty long way from here. Anybody going?

Trending Topics