Search results

1. K

Dweezilla prior to upcoming ZpZ shows

Cool, man let us know how it goes! I am seeing ZPZ on Tuesday, but didn't do the Masterclass this time. kind of regretting not signing up. I just ordered the Truefire courses though - save 25% as a preorder! :-)
  2. K

Dweezilla prior to upcoming ZpZ shows

Yeah, this was at the Englert 9-6-13 (older thread here). That is a great theater! I drove out from Chicago burbs to visit a friend and catch the gig. I'd go again in a heartbeat.
  3. K

Bun E. Carlos shows his Ludwig drum collection

Very cool! Thanks for posting!
  4. K

Got my Marshall JCM800 2203 re-tubed... and it sounds worse...?

Thanks again everyone. We re-biased the amp with my old Svetlana set (the preamp tubes were Sovtek) and all sounds great! I'm probably up for a new set sometime within a year or so, but it's all good. I appreciate the suggestions on other brands. Rock on!
  5. K

Ok - I put the "old" tubes in and the magic was BACK!!!! I did watch the guy bias my amp so I know where to put the contacts and what not to touch. I have a digital multimeter. I know to go for 39mA, but not sure how to set the multimeter. If anyone is reading and knows, please let me know...
  6. K

Thanks for the replies, guys. Reussen - interesting to hear that EH are bright sounding - that's exactly it. I told my wife about this comment, and she goes "and you had the bass on 10!" (she knows tone. :-) ). tone? - I am in the Chicago SW burbs - Downers Grove area. I went into Chicago to...
  7. K

hey guys, I got my Marshall JCM800 100W 2203 re-tubed recently. I'm running EL34s in the power section. I've used Sovtek power tubes for years, and each time I've had it re-tubed, it sounded great. The tech put Electro Harmonix in this time (all he had on hand), which he says are more of a...
  8. K

83 Marshall JCM800 2203 - can someone check the back of theirs for me?

Yeah - probably what I'd do. Thanks guys!!:beer
  9. K

Thanks for the additional info, guys! Cool to know the European convert stuff, Sean. for originality's (or resell) sake - should I write the numbers back on there, or not worry about it?
  10. K

Thanks guys! weepman - yours is faded too, eh?
  11. K

I got my amp back from my tech, and gave it a good wipe down. While doing so, I obliterated the ink from the label on the back. I know it's a 2203, and I know it's 100W, but what goes in the third blank (Power input)? Curiosity really. and should I get a blue pen and write it in there again...
  12. K

Jimmy Page on Letterman Thurs. Nov. 6

Cool. I will watch. Thanks for posting!
  13. K

MP3 vs FLAC?

convert your flac to wav, burn CDs, or convert to MP3 if need be. They sound better. especially live shows - I notice a difference.
  14. K

Warren Haynes interview.

OH HECK YEAH!!!!
  15. K

Warren Haynes interview.

Cool! Thanks for posting! :-)
  16. K

Remember hidden tracks on cd's?

Ah, you are right about Time will Tell! I was thinking Mercy Sweet Moan which is indeed on SYMM (I had to look it up to get the title). http://www.metrolyrics.com/mercy-sweet-moan-lyrics-black-crowes.html
  17. K

Remember hidden tracks on cd's?

Yeah, wasn't that "Hero" ? great tune! m3G5uvvJFMg I know there are Izzy Stradlin' fans here. He had a little drum circle jam at the end of his original Izzy Stradlin and the JuJu Hounds disc. Shake your Money maker by the Crowes has that last little fade in track at the end too.
  18. K

Queen Live at the Rainbow 1974: Anyone pick it up yet?

I saw this at the store yesterday. Curious as well.
  19. K

PSA - Free Johnny Winter Course from Truefire

Awesome! Thanks for posting!
  20. K

Setup Questions

Thanks - I might just try this in the meantime!! I thought of doing it before, and wondered if I'd just botch it up more.
  21. K

Setup Questions

^^^Thanks for your response! Yeah, I think the nut slot too low. when the relief is good and the action is right, there's buzzing, but if I adjust the truss the buzz goes away and the action is too high. I thought something there might have been a rattle with the D string frequency as...
  22. K

PRS DGT owners poll - string guage

I kept .11's on mine, and have .10's on all my other guitars. before you switch, check out other string brands if you are having a tough time. I went with Power Slinkys, and love it.
  23. K

Setup Questions

I had questions regarding setting up my DGT> I am not sure of a few things here... The D string is buzzing in open position. I never had the guitar set up, as it played great the first 2 years I've owned it. It's humid as heck here. I figure that might be why it's happening. I do keep it in my...
  24. K

NGD: PRS DGT Standard - Frosty content!

Bought a DGT from WW myself. Great guitar, for sure! You can cover SO many tones with it. Enjoy it in good health!
  25. K

Anyone else have problems seeing the Les Paul Forum?

Update: I registered with my old aol addy (awhile ago, but I had forgotten apparently), but I am on a "wait list" to be verified. oh well. Glad it's back up though - lots of great info there, for sure.

Trending Topics