2. guitarfish

Let's see those ES-335's

But you should definitely change that chair upholstery.:D
  3. guitarfish

Let's see those ES-335's

What finish is that?
  4. guitarfish

Show me your Les Paul

2008 LP Standard in Honeyburst. I love this thing.
  5. guitarfish

Anti-GAS Tri-fecta Poll: The longest you've gone NOT buying, selling or trading gear?

6-1/2 years without buying anything, until last week. :)
  6. guitarfish

Did You Buy Any Guitars Amps & Kit During Lockdown

Today, I bought a Fender Mustang 1 v2 amp for $139. :) I'm a big spender! I wanted a small SS practice amp.
  7. guitarfish

Hercules Guitar stands Beware!!!!

Not a new issue, some of their stands have this problem. One of mine did, Hercules sent a free replacement. Newer stands should be good.
  8. guitarfish

Strat noiseless pickups

I have these as well, for years now, and I really like them.
  9. guitarfish

Let's see those ES-335's

I had this 2010 Lightburst for 8 years. I knew I was going to miss it once I let it go, but my playing time has been almost nil for a few years, and with only so much coin in the till, I had to make a hard choice. 335's are just amazing. If I ever get back to playing like I used to, maybe...
  10. guitarfish

Stones are better than the Beatles because...

I was 10yo, 1977, and my brother's friend was staying with us for the weekend. He brought his stereo and (wait for it) 8-track tapes. I was very much into music already, but only exposed to the Top 40 stuff on the radio. I was sitting there listening to his music, and I said, "Who IS...
  11. guitarfish

Crate V30/V32 Palomino - MODS? Not V33, V18, V50 content.

I still have mine after all these years and it's a FREAKING GREAT sounding amp right out of the box, I don't know what the previous poster is talking about. In any case, the cable for the footswitch is not a typical instrument cable. It's been a long time so I don't remember the exact details...
  12. guitarfish

Hang Tags & Case Candy, Important?

I know you guys have all seen this but...the best guitars "still got the old tagger on it."
  13. guitarfish

NGD: Wife 1, Me 0

I'd a waited 23 hours, 'cause I'm a rebel. Well, it's been 24 hours... Pics or it didn't happen!
  14. guitarfish

Hang Tags & Case Candy, Important?

wookiefoot for the win. I've sold lots of stuff besides guitars over the years, where I had all original items & box/packaging. People really value that & will pay extra for it.
  15. guitarfish

The Stones live in the 60s

And yet I love the way he sings. :) Lots of rockers can't sing though. I still can't figure out how Bob Dylan made it.
  16. guitarfish

That's why all those girls were screaming, they were so pissed it wasn't live. :bitch
  17. guitarfish

Love that 60s stuff. So simple, yet so great. Tiny little drum kit. lol.
  18. guitarfish

Dawn Of The RED!

I love this guitar. It's an Am Series Hot-Rodded Texas Special.
  19. guitarfish

Reverb transaction -- issue with seller

It's good to know they don't do this anymore. Glad to be corrected on this point.
  20. guitarfish

Guitar Centre Not Doing Well According To This

Yeah I remember the case scam. One of the few things I bought at GC was an amp, it was a special edition Vox in one of the limited colors. There it was on the floor, no box, no paperwork. When I bought it they were scrounging around for a power cord. Meh, not how I like to buy new stuff...
  21. guitarfish

Yeah, blame the OP, it's his fault. LOL. The seller is dishonest, tried to make a fast buck selling a demo as new, got caught, and won't act responsibly. Other than that, I'm sure he's a nice guy. Just a little shady. OP will probably be OK this time, but sometimes the sleezebucket wins...
  22. guitarfish

This thread has been so entertaining! I love the twists and turns, ha ha!! I've never had any Reverb transactions, but I've had a few bad ones on eBay. Mostly people who's idea of "excellent" and "like new" is not the same as mine.
  23. guitarfish

Possible causes of an overly bright Les Paul???

I put an RS kit in my 2007 LP when I got it. The kit was called a "Treble Tamer" and was said to help overly bright guitars. It has 300K tone pots.
  24. guitarfish

Guitar Centre Not Doing Well According To This

What a depressing thread! First, in 20 years as a player, I've spent less than $1K at GC. I'm fortunate to have a large privately owned music store (Alto Music) an hour from me, and they have everything imaginable, including high end Gibson/Fender, competitively priced. But it's not just GC...

Trending Topics