Search results

1. ctreitzell

PCM81 shimmer help

I was just curious if you guys had a pm pow wow exchange. I enjoyed you sharing your headspace for that register creation; hopefully you inspire others =-D SysEx is just text; you could post just the text to make it easy I'm not suggesting you do; just that it is possible :-)
  2. ctreitzell

PCM81 shimmer help

24 String, maybe?
  3. ctreitzell

What guitar cables are you using- Mogami, Evidence Audio, Lava, Monster Whirlwind, Ernie Ball other?

I have one Spectraflex Original Recipe straight to 90 brown and black/white stripe which is always the cable from guitar to whatever input. I think mine is 20 years old. I replaced a black zig zag that went bad on me in 97- I had gigged that old black and white quite a bit. Mine doesn't have...
  4. ctreitzell

New member from London

Hey Al, where in London? I lived in Tufnell Park and Highgate Borders for years!
  5. ctreitzell

PCM81 shimmer help

did you send @dirtytony your sysex? ;-P or just hoping he dives in with your in depth explanation and example ?
  6. ctreitzell

Smallish Full Function Midi floor controller?

Actually, (as usual) I did not look thoroughly enough. SysEx instructions are in the MIDI Glossary
  7. ctreitzell

Record And Replay SysEx Automation With Yer DAW

thread title clarified I am asking specifically about automation of your rack (guitar rack rig) where while playing and controlling that rig with PC, CC, CV and SysEx messages you record all the automation for each unit on separate tracks with one take. So per each CC you have tracks recording...
  8. ctreitzell

No one? Not surprising. There aren't a massive amount of like minded rack heads, here, really :-) I was just curious. I suppose I'll post my findings.
  9. ctreitzell

Knobs for amp-like control of Digital Gear Thing

the reason I made a remote with MDP2; works without a computer. Obviously an ipad is a computer; but, the MDP2 remote will work great with no wires beyond a bluetooth midi adaptor plugged into the target device(s) :-)
  10. ctreitzell

Lexicon PCM80/81 Remote Control For ipad

I've had some time to work on analysing the SysEx for Patching. I am currently able to: - send a data request> - receive the correctly composed syntax> - modify that sysex> - send modified SysEx to PCM and the modified changes have been applied :) That is good news. Whether or not it is possible...
  11. ctreitzell

PCM81 shimmer help

Your panning work can be heard fine on my near fields. Thing about that video is folks what don't know can see/ hear PC loading times as you go through the registers :-) I didn't really clock that when I first watched it a few years ago.
  12. ctreitzell

Who was the best MTV VJ?

Also, Hugo De Campos was genius; when I first got to the UK in 96, Hugo was on late nights Hilarious delivery...I only ever saw him hosting in english; this is the only clip I could find
  13. ctreitzell

Who was the best MTV VJ?

Whoa whoa WHOA! It was the hats, bruv...the hats!
  14. ctreitzell

You can see my MIDI Designer Pro 2 ipad remote control layout for controlling Fender Cyber Twin here
  15. ctreitzell

I have a UC-33 and have used it to control both my DAW and guitar rig. An ipad running MIDI Designer Pro 2 blows the UC33 away! @Thurston , what you really need to consider is labelling of controls. It is a pita to label tape strips or plastic overlays with a sharpie. With a tablet running a...
  16. ctreitzell

Who was the best MTV VJ?

Toby Amies https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toby_Amies When MTV Hot first aired; there was a buzz....such a simple concept The VJ needed to be knowledgable, Toby had a lot of that. I loved a bit of downtown Julie Brown, too! When I worked in MCR in 2000/2001 I'd see Cat Deeley in the hall to...
  17. ctreitzell

Searching for a subject matter expert on Lexicon PCM80 using CC messages

I got a MC-8 this past Friday; so I should be able to help programming pivot points on the PCMs. I'll be getting back into it next week.
  18. ctreitzell

Morningstar MC3

Which three button aux switch you using? Have you been able to program any PCM8x pivot points with your Morningstar yet? Which Morningstar do you have?
  19. ctreitzell

Morningstar MC3

Thanks, man MC-8 is pretty impressive I've only got a few hours with it so far...just programming
  20. ctreitzell

Morningstar MC3

oooh, great idea! I'm not crazy about the two button press for the MC-8 bank up/ down I was thinking to get another MC-8
  21. ctreitzell

Best Stereo image in a Reverb device?

I came here to say exactly this. The thing about stereo is phantom center. W/D/W will serve much better, IMO I am always amazed at the difference between muting the dry in my W/Dual Mono/W set up and having all four cabs sounding. Removing the dry really takes the core grunt out and the wets...
  22. ctreitzell

I've been looking for a DAW to record and play back automation across several channels. I had been looking into Cubase, but opened up my Reaper evaluation copy today and dove into the help. Seems Reaper should be able to handle all the SysEx and GM automation and record the dry guitar; then play...
  23. ctreitzell

pcm80 simple question

getting out of those presets and into your own creations sounds even better make some registers and watch the days disappear!
  24. ctreitzell

Uh, nope! I confused that as well. I still don't really know why the parameter IDs are such a mess. I asked @ElliotG and he pointed me to Conway's Law and tried his best to teach me some rudimentary MIDI MSB/LSB. All that excerpt I copied here actually means is many of the PCM's SysEx messages...
  25. ctreitzell

Thanks, I really appreciate that! also, I definitely need to keep things in perspective Oh, my! I'm not sure I'm worthy of such an honor Have you any youtube or video examples showcasing what you are talking about? What you are saying sounds like an Emphasis Filter....or like the EQ curve in Pro...

Trending Topics