Search results

1. NeuroLogic

Sold Mcinturff Carolina

How does the Korina affect the sound?
  2. NeuroLogic

NGD McInturff Spellcaster

Terry posted somewhere that he custom builds the knobs.
  3. NeuroLogic

Issac Jang

Anybody played a Jang? The trebles especially above the 12th fret sound exceptional on this video.
  4. NeuroLogic

So I want to learn the piano...

With the pattern suggested the D is hit with the index finger. A more fluid flow is to play the E flat with a third finger and then transition to the F with the thumb. I could be wrong but I don't see the benefit in the extra mechanics of moving from the index finger to the thumb? Perhaps if the...
  5. NeuroLogic

So I want to learn the piano...

That is not the conventional T12T1234 fingering. Perhaps this is to avoid up and down movements (thumb stays on the white keys) with the thumb? I would appreciate comments from others on this. It looks like the conventional fingering picks up with a C.
  6. NeuroLogic

Acoustic amps

How does this work for keyboard? Too small for a full PA? Comparison to QSC?
  7. NeuroLogic

Taylor Soundport

Thanks for the replies but the only way to know is to actually play one. When properly placed the soundport(s) will enhance the sound to the listener as well as the player. The effect is more volume and clarity. Certainly not a huge difference but it is noticeable. In my experience the size of...
  8. NeuroLogic

Line 6 POD Go

Interesting, what blocks are you controlling with the switches and how do you set them up?
  9. NeuroLogic

Taylor Soundport

Builder's Edition 816ce & K26ce, my experience with soundports is very favorable so I'm interested. Anybody had the opportunity to test drive these? I see Wildwood music in Colorado has sold quite a few.
  10. NeuroLogic

Show Your McInturff Carolina!

Try a Maxi Q when you have the opportunity. It's very simple to use and much more inspirational if you find tone variety does that. I do not change the settings per song unless I'm multi tracking/looping. It is really helpful when layering guitar tones.
  11. NeuroLogic

CF Martin Modern Deluxe

Disappointed to hear that they are not offering the low profile neck as an option. Many do not care for Martin's traditional big necks but I see they have added an asymmetrical shape to adjust for this. I "live with it" on my vintage Martin's. I thought perhaps the additions will cause them to...
  12. NeuroLogic

CF Martin Modern Deluxe

Do you think this provides more consistency? Martins do you have a tendency to lack this primarily because they build thousands of guitars. Due to production efficiency they can only evaluate the wood for appearance and not resonance.
  13. NeuroLogic

Show Your McInturff Carolina!

P90s are an excellent choice as the MaxiQ will be more effective and cover a very broad range of tones.
  14. NeuroLogic

CF Martin Modern Deluxe

Anybody with experience as to the Modern Deluxe? There is no local inventory. What do you think of these new additions? TITANIUM TRUSS ROD One of the ultra-modern features that is new to this series is a two-way titanium truss rod, which makes the neck super easy to adjust, and it is 64%...
  15. NeuroLogic

Martin 000 decision, advice if you can

I have played all three of these builders guitars side-by-side with vintage Martin's. The particular guitars did have old air dried woodstock. The Martins were combined with the very old sinker mahogany log back & sides. The difference was minimal and several other virtuoso level guitarist...
  16. NeuroLogic

Nice to see somebody with experience as to the Modern Deluxe. What do you think of these new additions? TITANIUM TRUSS ROD One of the ultra-modern features that is new to this series is a two-way titanium truss rod, which makes the neck super easy to adjust, and it is 64% lighter than a...
  17. NeuroLogic

McInturff FLE II - Anyone else still rocking them?

Right! Terry's guitars incorporate conventional circuits and the EQ is an expansion not a reinvention of this.
  18. NeuroLogic

""He went on to say that he‘d be “lying” if he claimed they could replicate tone. That the “secret” to replicating a great guitar is a “secret nobody knows, including us.”" An odd comment considering that he knows how Bourgeois and Foggy Bottom replicate vintage Martin tones very well. It's not...
  19. NeuroLogic

Here are my swamp ash body mahogany neck McInturff's. The mahogany top is a slight favorite as to adding warmth and definition. All three have midrange controls.
  20. NeuroLogic

Julian Bream has died at 87

A world class icon. His ability to instantly site read and flawlessly play highly complex compositions was pure genius!
  21. NeuroLogic

Agreed, but in the flat position these are definitely the best Tele ever made. The rear pick up with the mid all the way up is a killer hard rock tone!
  22. NeuroLogic

Terry, please explain the objectives and sound of this guitar!
  23. NeuroLogic

Semi-Hollows

Woowzer! I've not seen a McInturff with a redwood top, should be super resonant. How do you describe the sound with the Qs in the flat position? An ideal small body 335 with a spruce top? What pickups? The Maxi-Q tone control system is brilliant. I installed it in four McInturffs and two...
  24. NeuroLogic

In my experience Terry's swamp ash bodies are superior even on an LP style guitar. The wood is lighter and more resonant than mahogany. I owned a FLE II gold top, wish I still had. The TOL pick ups were disappointing but that's an easy switch to taste. I do have a Terrycaster and DRP Gemini...
  25. NeuroLogic

Another petty comment. The fact that Andy Powers agrees with this still says a great deal. In the video all he said was that Taylor strives for a consistency of quality and sound. That's not hype. They certainly are very consistent as to construction quality.

Trending Topics