Search results

1. J

Cheap Guitar

My 24 yo son wants to finally learn the guitar. I've been out of the market for some time but what is a good cheap acoustic for him to learn on? I'm looking at a used Fender DG60 for $200 and a Fender DG7 for $120. Thanks
  2. J

John Mayer - All Along the Watchtower (Live in LA)

They would have reacted the same if he had been playing spoons. ;)
  3. J

Why kind of Bass Player is Dusty Hill?

Ok, now I get it. I was always told with a 2 guitar band the bass normally plays less to leave room for both guitars and in a one guitar band the bass would be more active. You are saying he is playing bass chords to make the sound fuller instead of doing a lot of runs and stuff?
  4. J

Why kind of Bass Player is Dusty Hill?

I may need to listen more closely but I don't hear many bass runs from him. Is there a certain bass style that he plays and is he a great bass player or just good?
  5. J

JCM 2000 Yardsale

Thanks guys. He was asking $850, don't need it, thought if it was very cheap I would go for it but think I'll pass.
  6. J

JCM 2000 Yardsale

Whats this amp and cab worth
  7. J

I guess I'm the permanent sound guy..

Why not hire a good sound man for a gig or 2 and then save the settings on the mix wizard?
  8. J

Anyone have older brother issues too?

Some may not understand but before we started playing together we didn't talk much then either. We do talk at family functions but that is the extent of our relationship, pretty much like it was before. This was just an issue that I thought others may be familiar with and thought I would mention it.
  9. J

He's a strummer only guitar player.
  10. J

No one "hung on to drafts" for a couple years! Lash out angrily?? Really? I can handle any constructive criticism, its the destructive ones that no one likes, which you proved. Sounds like you have plenty of issues yourself!
  11. J

Really? You are perfect with zero issues? Everyone has issues unfortunately you must think you have none. You just showed us one of yours.
  12. J

I have moved on, it's no longer an issue. I was reading another thread and it reminded me of this and I typed it out to post in that thread but thought it would take over that discussion so I thought I'll just start a new thread. And to those who think I'm still complaining about it after a year...
  13. J

I was an athlete in high school, my brother was one of the smart ones. We never really hung out much. He went on to college and I worked swing shift at the local factory. He always criticized the my union and seemed jealous of my job because I made more money than he did but he got summers off...
  14. J

How so? What growing do I need to do? I just tried to get us to sound better.
  15. J

I know, he's been that way toward me as long as I can recall. No matter what subject I bring up in discussions he blows them off as unimportant. I have always read links to different subjects he has sent me because that is the respectful thing to do but every time I have sent him a link and I...
  16. J

OK, after I pointed his monitor at his head and he moved it back I stated that monitors are supposed to point at your ears and stage sound should be as low as possible. Only then did he say it was too loud. So I say lets turn it down a little. Once we were playing a song where I couldn't hear...
  17. J

I've typed this out multiple times over the last 2 years but never posted it. I don't know why but just thought I would finally post it and see if anyone else has older brother issues. We are both in our 50's and we hardly ever talk now. I was in a praise band with my older brother, he played...
  18. J

Check out the videos. Do you prefer Edge w/ Strat or Les Paul tones here?

Sounds to me like the first clip was a house mic and the second clip was recorded through the board. Maybe not but the whole mix on the second clip is just cleaner and crisper.
  19. J

My band opened for SIMO on Friday night. Amazing show (video inside)

I saw him last year and I agree, they were great!
  20. J

My Friend's Guitar......Should I sell it back to Him?

I didn't realize the guitar was worth 2 to 3 times what you paid when you bought it. I thought the price had gone up since you bought it. I would say you have 2 choices, keep the guitar and tell him if you ever sell it he has first chance at it for the price he sold it to you or sell it back now...
  21. J

My Friend's Guitar......Should I sell it back to Him?

Since it's worth 2 or 3 times what it was before, are you sure he doesn't want it back just to resell and make money on it? As others have said, sell it back to him with the stipulation that if he ever gets rid of it you get first chance at the same price.
  22. J

Just saw David Holt at Saxon Pub

Got to Austin late Tuesday and checked to see if any of my favorite artists would be playing. Missed David Grissom by 4 hours. Couldn't find anyone else I knew of but saw Eightysixxed listed. I knew I had heard of them so I looked them up and it was David Holt! So I got to see David play and it...
  23. J

CMT Awards... anyone watching? listening?

About all I listened to was Kieth Urban's new song John Mellencamp, John Deere and John 3:16? Kieth played bass and I thought the song was terrible.

Trending Topics