Search results

1. T

chemo treatments alnd playing guitar

Thanks to all. This here was one of the things I was wondering about. I play left handed.
  2. T

chemo treatments alnd playing guitar

Anybody here have experience with this? I have to get a portal installed next week. Is there a preferred side to have it on?
  3. T

Stranglers’ Dave Greenfield RIP

R.I.P. His band had a nice run.
  4. T

'Best' small Marshall style amp for home use only

My Crate V15 (15W) is good for that. They stopped making those about 15 years ago but they're cheap used. Press the boost in when using at low volume.
  5. T

Quarantine blind test: Lollar Imperials versus $35 Chinese PAFs.

Just found mine. They are "G.M. Alnico II Classic Chrome Covered Humbucker Set Nickel Silver $41.25.
  6. T

The ones I got last summer were 57 Classic II w/nickel silver chrome covers. I wonder if that's what OP has. They don't show up on the ebay site. I wonder if he pulls the listing when out of stock?
  7. T

"I've become increasingly skeptical that higher-output bridge pickups are necessarily a good thing!"

Unlike some here I like my 490R/490T set here. Don't think I'd want to replace the 490T with a 498T.
  8. T

P90 in a humbucker size. Worth it?

I had a set of these in an Ibanez AS73. I have two P90 guitars and they were pretty much like a P90. And any difference was not in a bad way. Liked them enough that I kept them in there about 5 years.
  9. T

He said they were Guitar Madness, not GFS. I've got a set of those still in the wrapper here. They were about that $35. Was going to put them in a used lefty Firefly "335" I found in a store for next to nothing. It actually played nice. But then I started getting migraines when I played it. I'm...
  10. T

Pretty close. I slightly preferred green, especially on dirt. Now to look and see what's what. Blue was nicely a little fuller (low mids?) on clean but pulled too much high out on the dirt. Might sound a little muddy live w/band but amp guitar eq could probably take care of that. Now let's go...
  11. T

do any of you guitar players that gig pretty regular use a solid state amp?

Yeah my DR is my main amp for sure.
  12. T

do any of you guitar players that gig pretty regular use a solid state amp?

I've got a Peavey Envoy 110. I got it specifically for restaurant gigs. Its 40W with 1x10. I used it once at a regular gig in a pinch with a mic in front of it. Great cleans and decent dirt. Also has a direct out with speaker modelling. Worth the $99. For regular band I mostly use my tube amps...
  13. T

Joyo Classic Flanger

Anybody know if these are digital? I think they're marketed as analog but mine seems to go through batteries pretty quick for an analog pedal.
  14. T

Favorite non-Gibson Semi-hollows

Tele thinline if those count. Otherwise, Ibanez.
  15. T

Where Eddie Got The Idea For Right Hand Tapping

Harvey Mandel. But he got it from someone too.
  16. T

Switch pedal for switching between amp inputs?

+1. Just use the a/b not the y. I've used a Boss a/b switch for this too.
  17. T

Clarification about the Deluxe Reverb (and Fender blackface amps generally)

Normal channel works better for pedal platform.
  18. T

So this is uh... a heck of a thing

how much for the tricorder?
  19. T

“Too Many Guitars” Says the Wife

I've got my main ones for gigging, some niche guitars (electric 12 string, lap steel, a resonator that was a gift from my late wife). Then, being a lefty, I'll sometimes buy oddball lefty guitars because they are few and far between and usually not real expensive. My problem is when I think of...
  20. T

Amp Parts Direct no longer carries Classictone transformers

Not transformers but I've bought parts (and tubes) from tube depot. Never a problem. And if you're hungry they sell bbq sauce too.
  21. T

My duo is required to have $1,000,000 liability insurance to play a gig?

Thanks. If it's an issue I'm sure it's come up. We may have it. I don't deal with that stuff much as we have someone who likes to and is good at it. It may fall under that "You won't believe some of the stupid s**t we gotta deal with/pay for" that I hear about. But thanks, I'll mention it. Plus...
  22. T

My duo is required to have $1,000,000 liability insurance to play a gig?

Never heard of that. And we've got like 7 or 8 people on stage. Maybe our booking agency has all that handled???
  23. T

Any of you touring and gigging regularly after age 60?

Hey thanks. Enjoy those mountains! I've been getting encouragement from people I know who've been through this, including a few who'd never told me. Seems like I joined a new club. Thanks again.
  24. T

What did you think of Bowie's Heroes...

A classic. Plus, hearing it brings to mind some great times and memories.

Trending Topics