Search results

1. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

8ohms.... No variac. Its OK, I ordered a speaker
  2. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

Yep, drives me insane. I think it must be the speaker in my case. It started right when I installed two speakers. But it only happens now and then. Now it's almost always happening. I recall thinking the speaker was broken when I installed it, but the sound stopped. Then over time, started again.
  3. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

I do question why the screws are so loose on the back of my cab. I guess I need to get larger screws which is annoying. Not sure how to tighten up the back panel screws other than larger screws. Never had a cab where I needed to do this.
  4. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

Good point! The cab seems fine. I think it's the speaker. I am waiting for a new one to arrive.
  5. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

I took the can apart tonight and tightened every screwbi could find. The rattle is still there. I swear it is the speaker. The one CL80 on the top. When I first I stalled these CL80s, replacing the Green Backs, that is exactly when the noise started. I recall right away hearing a weird raspy...
  6. papersoul

PRS CE-22 (1994) = my go to guitar!

Had band rehearsal last night and of ally guitars, the CE22 was the favorite!
  7. papersoul

New Les Paul Traditional or Traditional Pro?

When did Gibson switch to the standard asymmetrical neck? And now they switched back? Maybe I'll find a traditional between 2013-2016.
  8. papersoul

I Love fat necks. I have big hands. I like the PRS wide fat and the Gibson 50s.
  9. papersoul

Any Love for the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay

I had a VT until I compared it to a friend's Deep Blue copy and his smoked my VT. I sold it. Even my Belle Epoch and Montavillian destroyed sit I felt. The VT got lost in the band mix.
  10. papersoul

What's the Traditional T? I only see the Pro T!?
  11. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

Hi, thanks! I had rehearsal tonight and used my Mesa Boogie and the rattles still exists. It seems to come from the top left speaker. Maybe it's a screw or the speaker or a connection to thr speakers? I'll open up thr cab tomorrow and look at the speaker and cab. So, by swapping in another...
  12. papersoul

Speaker or cab rattle

Hey guys, I have to do more troubleshooting but I notice a loud rattled when using my amps and splawn 412 with Lynchbacks and CL80 speakers. It seems like it's one speaker. Could tubes rattle or speakers, cabs? I hate trouble shooting this stuff. It sound like a constant rattle when hitting...
  13. papersoul

Guys, what about a 2016 Standard Plus? Is that a 50s neck like my 2003?
  14. papersoul

Bogner 20th Anniversary Shiva/ Regular Shiva with a good EQ?

Which EQ??? I know the Mesa Boogie 5 band EQ pedal is crazy good in a loop. It's the classic Mesa amp EQ in pedal form.
  15. papersoul

Mxr 6-band Eq Vs Boss Ge-7

My modified Boss pedals like the Monte allums GE7 was pretty darn awesome. Like a pure clean boost with EQ. That said, I love my Suhr Koko! :)
  16. papersoul

Interesting. Mine was dead silent. I want to try the silver MXR now. Thanks. I may try the MXR. My modded ge7 was dead silent. I used the EQ in loop for solo boost - EQ and slight volume. MXR I don't think can do that. For now I have the Suhr Koko boost which is the best!
  17. papersoul

Boss GE-7 with the Monte Allums modification. Almost like having a rack EQ. Quiet and clean. That said, if you just need a clean boost for solos or mids boost, use something like the Suhr Koko Boost Reloaded. I just use this now instead of my Monte Allums Boss GE-7. Depends what you need it for...
  18. papersoul

PWE/Stevenson/Event Horizon Enthusiasts Thread - Part IV

Oh yes, I love DeoxIT. I work in IT and I have gotten computers working again with that stuff. I have resolved a lot of amp noises with it as well. I periodically spray it into all of my pedal connections, run the plug through it a few times, same with all amp input Jack's, guitar, then all amp...
  19. papersoul

Good points Mike. Cables for sure! I have also cleared up issues with amps by using DeoxIT to clean the tube pins/sockets. I even had an amp one time that was making a loud static/hum. I used the DeoxIT to clean the input jack and the noise cleared.
  20. papersoul

I think I may have gotten it.. I essentially rewired my pedal board, checked all connections, replaced all cables with new higher end cables I bought a few years back. Replaced cables from pedals to amp and in the loop. Then I opened up all my amps. Last few years I replaced power tubes and...
  21. papersoul

Crazy amp buzzing. Makes me want to quit.

I tried that. Turned off all lights. I think mine are florescent. But why would the buzzing just start. I have lived here two years.
  22. papersoul

Never heard of a tesla coil. I live in a new town house. The AC unit and heater, water heater is in basement. Plus the cable box and everything for the house is right there in basement, near garage. Next time it buzzes, I'll try another room in the house. Weather has been up and down day...
  23. papersoul

For the breaker... It says: ARC Basement

Trending Topics