Search results

1. kingsxman

Hanging guitars and nitro: how to avoid chemical interaction with rubber

Why white? I like the idea of the little sleeves...but neither my wife (nor I) can sew. Well...I can sew a button...but thats about it.
  2. kingsxman

Why wouldn't I first try to make the really nice hangers I already have work with a minor adjustment?
  3. kingsxman

Curious what people are doing to isolate their guitar necks from the rubber coating of the guitar hooks they are hanging their guitars on. I have some "off the wall" guitar hangers that I've had for years. I have only hung non nitro guitars on them. I am moving these to a new location and...
  4. kingsxman

Revival Drive Hot Rod owners....question:

I'll have to check the positions of the more presence (I think its at noon) but i do know the bright caps definitely cause more squeeling.
  5. kingsxman

Tested it with my Boss RC-2 loop pedal in front and in back. Very slight change... but still the majority of the squeal is there. I will just have to play around with the settings some more I guess.
  6. kingsxman

I'll have to give that a try. Have NOT had another pedal either before or after it.
  7. kingsxman

Not a daft question because that is EXACTLY what it sounds like. Very familiar with the sound. Pickups in one guitar are Holmes (unpotted) and the other is Throbaks, which also "may" be unpotted. Unsure. However, have played both guitars through various amps with much more gain and volume...
  8. kingsxman

No, running it directly into front end of amp....like a normal effects pedal. Not running it into the "return" of the loop.
  9. kingsxman

Overall liking the Revival drive Hot Rod custom that I recently got. However, I'm noticing one thing: it tends to squeal pretty easily. I'm playing with a Les Paul and a 335. I am finding that as soon as i get the volume up a bit, or the "volume" on the pedal (i.e. drive) past about...
  10. kingsxman

Found a new power pop musician...but he's not new: Alexi Lalas

Actually, if you have Spotify...he's got 7 albums. So he's released quite a bit. I've only listened to his last 2. The last song I posted, Pretty Mess, was from his 1998 album. So I assume his production has gotten better over the years.
  11. kingsxman

I personally think his voice is good enought. God knows we've had people with major success with far worse voices. But I will agree that its not the best I've heard. But he writes some catchy stuff. Its unfortunate that there isnt more available on you tube to share as the last one I...
  12. kingsxman

Kings X new album....

the last one was still better than a Dug solo album...
  13. kingsxman

I was listening to some older "Rock Solid" podcasts and came across one where Pat Francis was hosting with Alexi Lalas. Honestly, never heard of the guy. Apparently he's a former soccer player (look at a pic and you'll recognize him). But they played a few songs of his new CD. I was...
  14. kingsxman

Bad Mojo Makeovers - No replies, guitar not returned

Curious if there are any updates on this?
  15. kingsxman

Got new computer: should I upgrade my Audio interface?

Thanks. I bought the UMC204 today. We'll see how it goes.
  16. kingsxman

Got new computer: should I upgrade my Audio interface?

Heres the scoop: i do very very basic recording. I have a Line 6 pod plugged into a Beringer Eurorack MX602 which plugs into an old Maudio Fast track Pro. Just bought a new win10 PC which is much more powerful than my old machine. I use Reaper just to record some basic guitar parts. With...
  17. 20200810_111426_resized

20200810_111426_resized

18. 20200810_111326_resized

20200810_111326_resized

19. 20200810_111342_resized

20200810_111342_resized

20. 20200810_111253_resized

20200810_111253_resized

21. kingsxman

Alternative to Riffstation

Mine new system is win10. I'll probably have to poke around and see if i can find the free version on any download sites. I worry about that however as ...is anything ever really free? (i.e. spam, viruus, etc).
  22. kingsxman

I actually tried 2 differnet downloads today of Riffstation. Someone gave me the newest version (which i dont know if it was the free version or not) and i also have the version that i bought (1.5.1 I believe). Both versions asked for a registration after i installed it. My email and a...
  23. kingsxman

I just found out that i cant reinstall Riffstation on my new PC. That sucks because i paid for the full version 5 years ago. Anyway, what are people using as an alternative? I really dont want to go back to "The amazing slowdowner" after using Riff Station. Riffstation had the pitch adjust...
  24. kingsxman

FS Build A Burst Greeny '59 Les Paul

I've got an Atlanta build and they are awesome. Have had 2 of them actually and they are both very good. I wont go back to historics actually after owning these.

Trending Topics