Search results

1. tedm

Why hasn’t Gibson issued some sort of response?

Style can't be copyrighted. The CNC source code to making a specific shape or design could be. http://www.thelegalartist.com/blog/you-cant-copyright-style
  2. tedm

Why hasn’t Gibson issued some sort of response?

One day this greasy looking punk from norms is playing some vintage guitar on Instagram. Next thing you know, he's threatening everyone not to copy something. Can't wait until someone kicks this punks ass. Going to have to have a chat with norm.
  3. tedm

lumpy's tone shop?

I guess I lucked out, in that about a year or two ago, I got four pedals from him, with no more than about 2 -3 seeks delivery time, including a couple of Tonebenders. This was after many warnings that he was on some serious delays for delivering. I'd say that if you can, you should use your...
  4. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Here's another clip with the BA Low Volt, rhythm is gtr to Screamin Blues to Echorec to dual microverbs in reverse serial, to ditto looper. Solo is same, but Low Volt is switched in between verb1 and verb2, and verbs are switched from reverse to lowest gate setting.
  5. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Loving the BA Low Volt, and mine is a killer Orange color! The first clip is when I still had my dual microverbs both set on reverse reverb. Probably not the greatest showcase of the Low Volt, but once plugged in, I couldn't stop noodling soundtrack type washy reverb sounds: So here is the...
  6. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Is "Spirit in the Sky" always playing when you step on the switch? That is one cool fuzz pedal!!
  7. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

The SAE EFY-6 is a monster superfuzz. Loud and gnarley, with the vintage superfuzz tones.
  8. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

ptd into 2 microverbs set on "reverse", ptd minibone into screamin' blues for mild boost into echorec into one '80s microverb on reverse, then goes to 2nd microverb on reverse:
  9. tedm

sunface - anyone lucky enough to get recent nkt275 high gains?

Or is Mike still bogarting them ;)
  10. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

curious, which treble booster do strictly fuzz users prefer, a beano, or a naga viper? (sound quality, not company drama)
  11. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

wah and cranked small amp = mk 1 tonebender ??
  12. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

My beef with most Mk I's are that the builders can't not "enhance" the design. The Mk 1's did not have much sustain, and most builders try to dial that in, smooth them out, compress/limit them, add tone controls, which eventually sucks the life out of it.
  13. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Settings were fuzz on full, other settings minimizing synth effects, with a bit of vibrato:
  14. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Had the lysis for 2 days, it is all the videos show, but the range of sounds from the 4 knobs and 4 switches take a lot of dialing in, as many of the controls are interactive and depend on what another switch is set at. The base fuzz sound is ok, the octave down is mostly present and kind of...
  15. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

No lysis yet, but got my analog fox super fuzz from cold war Russia which has a footswitch to toggle between the 2 modes. Sounds crunchy and very authentic to the old ones.
  16. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

My Chase tone rv 68 sounds great, and has some controls not found on standard fuzz faces. I think this transistor might be Eric Johnson's favorite after his years of seeking out old nkts, etc.
  17. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Another one with Marqwon and Freqout, added Echorec. rhythm uses Marqwon normal toggle, high cut and fuzz backed off. Lead I flipped fat switch on, and upped the fuzz and high gain CW, but not maxed. Rhythm uses freqout normal low, lead is freqout normal high.
  18. tedm

Just bought a Blues Driver...again.

A better BD2, equiv to a well modded one, is the Digitech Screamin' Blues, it has active low EQ, cab sim out (if needed), and boosts cleanly with gain down, with gain on low or mid, same as BD2.
  19. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Nice! Let me know how your EF-6 sounds compared to your other superfuzzes. I don't know how the builder of those can put so much gain, or perceived gain in that box!
  20. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Anyone have their Lysis in hand yet? Is it everything Andy makes it sound like??
  21. Vocalist_live

Vocalist_live

22. tedm

Catalinbread lawsuit documents

Circuits can be patented, and source code can be copyrighted. Both can contain trade secrets and be subject to intellectual property ownership.
  23. tedm

Strictly FUZZ

Marqwon and freqout:
  24. tedm

Tell me about these Ge Transistors...

I have one build, a mk 1.5 DIY that uses AC128s, but they don't look like that, they are skinnier, taller, and shinier. Those look older, duller and shorter, but vintagey. Be sure to save the leaky ones, I think there are some circuits that they sound good in, buzzaround?

Trending Topics