Search results

1. L

My dream modeling device

You can do all of the above with an Axe II and an expression pedal.
  2. L

Widest vocal range...Axl Rose...really?

It's not Ozzy?
  3. L

AxeFX II XL rig - am I forgetting anything?

The next evolution is Ultra IRs, using a guitar cabinet defeats that purpose. Go FRFR monitors so you can have access to many cabinet types instead of only one.
  4. L

The ONLY John Mayer thread on TGP.

When I suggested his own sub-forum I was nearly stoned to death. WTF?
  5. L

I know, not enough. That's why I started this one: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/1448014
  6. L

Counterfeit Rip Off

China and the Chinese do not worry about intellectual property rights yet, because they simply copy stuff today. Eventually their middle class kids that come to America for a college education will return home to invent something from scratch. When these counterfeiters dig into their sales...
  7. L

Legit builders vs Parts-assemblers...how do we know?

Buy a setneck, problem solved.
  8. L

Anyone using wireless headphones for their modeler?

Lots of pros use wireless in-ears. It's all about your budget.
  9. L

Upgrades for an Epiphone Les Paul?

It will always be worth less on resale than what you paid, even if you double up on your investment with "upgrades". You could easily create a $300 guitar that you have $800 sunk into.
  10. L

Mission Engineering pedal question.

I use the SP-1 for wah. I don't like the auto-engage feature on the Axe so I use the traditional switch method like a Crybaby. I use an SP-2 as my second pedal, spring loaded, to control other things. The SP-2 allows me to use it to control two functions, albeit not at the same time (only...
  11. L

Yeah organic this and that, washed down by Coke and Red Bull.
  12. L

Passing the hat

The guitarist in Warrant had essentially the same thing painted on the back of his guitar and use to turn it upside down for the audience to see.
  13. L

So much KPA/AxeFX selling and buying, why?

Many Axe II owners are selling to pay for their XLs, just as they did from the Ultra to the II. If I needed the features of the XL, I'd be one of them.
  14. L

Full Time (Cover) Guys - talk to me about $$$

Which is one layoff away from disappearing. With IT if you are out of the game any amount of time people assume your skills are diminished. It's nearly impossible to get back in after a year absence, my fiance has been trying for four, after having been director of IT at a Fortune 500...
  15. L

TMS Guest Guitar Players... is it me?

EVH will never go on there, as Sammy and Mike have been. Just like Gene and Paul will never go because of Ace and Peter.
  16. L

Scotty McCreery Owes $239,329 to Former Manager

The business manager usually gets pulled into the artist's personal lives as well and have to ensure everything from the pool being maintained to the exotic cars. Of course the manager doesn't have time to tend to every oil change, so he has employees to do the grunt work, so much of that money...
  17. L

TMS Guest Guitar Players... is it me?

They give them 10 seconds to rip before a commercial break, what do you expect them to play in so little time?
  18. L

Getting rid of that mic'd sound on the afxii?

You have to condense the EQ spectrum with cuts to match that of a guitar cabinet. A CLR has a much wider dynamic range than a 4x12, so you need to get rid of all that additional information to give you the feel you seek. OH made some Farfeild IRs and I mix them in to my sound to add to the...
  19. L

Ed Roman: Now that he's gone, what's up with the Vegas shop?

I knew Ed and went to his house twice after he left East Coast Music Mall. We were not friends, I went to buy guitars. He had a massive inferiority complex and was always throwing the bravado around to cover it up. I think Ed got his ass kicked a lot as a kid, kinda like Axl Rose.
  20. L

Value of a used EJ Strat with bad paint?

Subtract double what the refinish will cost you (including freight) from the price. Yours will always be refinished and the others not, and you will less valuable on exit. This a case of why subject yourself to this?
  21. L

Has the explosion of signature guitars

diluted the specialness of it all? Remember when Les Paul, Yngwie, Randy and Clapton were the only guys with signature guitars? Now it seems ever mid-level rock star has a "signature model", which is usually just a slight variation on product the company already makes.
  22. L

Naylor Electra-verb 38????

The Naylor Electra-verb 38 2x10 combo had a stellar review years ago, but as mentioned, Joe Naylor changed directions to guitars around that time. Read it here: http://www.naylorengineering.com/reviews.htm
  23. L

Who are today's guitar virtuosos?

Isn't John 5 the Yngwie of the current hipsters?
  24. L

Would you feel "right" buying a guitar from this factory?

Does anyone think the much loved vintage Fenders of Leo's era were built any differently? Back then there were less safety regulations and no dusk masks.
  25. L

Being told NO in a music store.

You have obviously not read what the realtor's have contributed to this thread.

Trending Topics